Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:27 pm

and the second leg from TPE-KUL

recommendations...?

Lunch:

Grilled Beef Fillet with Creamy Caper and Grainy Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Dauphinoise Potatoes

Wok Fried Cod with Crispy Garlic Hong Kong Style Served with Mixed Vegetables and Capsicums with Zucchini Savoury Rice

Teriyaki Chicken Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Wok fried cod sounds the best!
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I have the following coming up on BR29, any thoughts? :

- Moroccan Spice Lamb Chop with Au Jus Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Couscous

- Roasted Sesame Chicken in Brown Sauce with Mixed Vegetables Served with Steamed Rice

- Pan Fried Chilean Seabass with Red Pepper Coulis Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes with Chive

* ExclusiveWok Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Stir Fried Noodles

* ExclusiveGrilled Pork Chop with Cafe de Paris Butter Served with Mixed Vegetables and Potato with Cheese

* ExclusiveFrench Chicken Breast with Balsamic Butter Served with Mixed Vegetables and Polenta Cake

* ExclusiveMustard and Pepper Crusted Veal in Moreal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes with Basil
I had the stir fried lobster LAX-TPE redeye on Oct 25. It consisted of a lobster tail shell hiding three small pieces of lobster meat in a flavorless, pale sauce. While the portion was rather small, the flavor was good, and the meat perfectly cooked. If anything, the sauce needed some salt. The seasonal vegetable was baby bok choy, slightly overcooked, and a neutral-flavored rice where I was unable to detect the egg.

I also had the congee for breakfast. I really enjoyed this dish and would have enjoyed it as a red eye supper dish if offered.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by rodjune
I had the stir fried lobster LAX-TPE redeye on Oct 25. It consisted of a lobster tail shell hiding three small pieces of lobster meat in a flavorless, pale sauce. While the portion was rather small, the flavor was good, and the meat perfectly cooked. If anything, the sauce needed some salt. The seasonal vegetable was baby bok choy, slightly overcooked, and a neutral-flavored rice where I was unable to detect the egg.

I also had the congee for breakfast. I really enjoyed this dish and would have enjoyed it as a red eye supper dish if offered.
i found the lobster to be rubberish and not good. the sauce is def bland.
i did like the baby bok choy and fried rice though.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RandomNobody
Din Tai Fung noodles day-in, day-out.

But that's a personal bias, as I live near 3 of them.
Yeah the rest of selection doesn't look great and I am already having the porridge on another leg:

Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Preserved Sundry Turnip Egg Patty, Wok Fried Eringi Mushroom and Green Beans with Asian Spiced Salt

Cajun Spiced Chicken Thigh Served with Pesto Penne Pasta and Vegetables

Din-Tai-Fung Stewed Beef Shank with Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens

am already having the porridge on one leg

Last edited by Lonsinla; Nov 2, 2017 at 12:46 pm
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:35 am

just a warning,on a recent LHR-BKK I pre selected the Rib Eye Steak.Totally inedible,the look on the plate resembled "road kill" and after two mouthfuls the taste confirmed it.I know any form of airline steak is a gamble but this was totally off the scale.
I have had steak before on EVA but never anything as bad as this.Fair play to the crew,the offered me a chicken meal but by this time my appetite had taken a nose dive.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Apparently BR seems to load very few menus on their flights and have a tendency not to give you one if you order a main course online.

If you pre-order your main course online, they would confirm with you your selection once on board. However, they will try not to give you a copy of the regular menu to see what the regular options are nor tell you what the appetizers and desserts consist of. In addition, being denied a copy of the menu would leave you unable to determine what mid-flight snacks you want to order.

After asking for a menu, all I was given was a copy of the drinks/wine list which they made sure they would collect at the end of the flight.

During the flight, as I did not have a copy of the menu, I had to ask the flight attendant what options there were for mid-flight snacks (since I've smelled the other passengers eating theirs). At first they tried to play dumb and offer me chips, cookies etc. from a basket. After persisting, they started to tell me that they have beef burgers, rice noodles etc. for mid-flight snack.

Had they given me a copy of the menu, I would have just ordered from it!
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by daniellam
Apparently BR seems to load very few menus on their flights and have a tendency not to give you one if you order a main course online.

If you pre-order your main course online, they would confirm with you your selection once on board. However, they will try not to give you a copy of the regular menu to see what the regular options are nor tell you what the appetizers and desserts consist of. In addition, being denied a copy of the menu would leave you unable to determine what mid-flight snacks you want to order.

After asking for a menu, all I was given was a copy of the drinks/wine list which they made sure they would collect at the end of the flight.

During the flight, as I did not have a copy of the menu, I had to ask the flight attendant what options there were for mid-flight snacks (since I've smelled the other passengers eating theirs). At first they tried to play dumb and offer me chips, cookies etc. from a basket. After persisting, they started to tell me that they have beef burgers, rice noodles etc. for mid-flight snack.

Was there a language barrier? They always load enough menus for every single passenger.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
I've always received a menu and drink list when ordering a main course or special meal.

It could be an error on the caterer's part or a misunderstanding as pointed out earlier.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by SilverChris
I've always received a menu and drink list when ordering a main course or special meal.

It could be an error on the caterer's part or a misunderstanding as pointed out earlier.
I remember specifically asking to see the menu but was given just the drink list. This happend two flights in a row. It seemed like all the passengers who had preordered only got the drink list from looking at their literature pockets.

Also, I got the feeling that only pax who spoke Mandarin got more attention. The English spoken by the crew did not seem up to par.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA

This has not been my experience. I almost always preorder meals and they always have both menus at my seat until they’re collected before descend. (In addition to confirming my meals shortly after boarding)
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir

If you pre-order your main course online, they would confirm with you your selection once on board. However, they will try not to give you a copy of the regular menu to see what the regular options are nor tell you what the appetizers and desserts consist of.
I always special order my meal and this has never been my experience. If anything, the FAs have the annoying tendency to shove the menu in my face when I'm still getting settled / stowing things.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold | Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold

This isn't a perfect workaround, but on my recent flight, the IFE system had a copy of the menu available. I can't specifically recall if it listed everything including the mid-flight snacks, but I do remember that the parts that I looked at seemed to be identical to the printed menu.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia

Same experience for me! And they will DEFINITELY collect the menu shortly before arrival. They will look through the entire seat/literature pocket just to find it.... It is really excessive. Surely the menus don't cost that much to print...?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by l380
Same experience for me! And they will DEFINITELY collect the menu shortly before arrival. They will look through the entire seat/literature pocket just to find it.... It is really excessive. Surely the menus don't cost that much to print...?
There is even a sign in the lavatory asking passengers to re-use their toothbrush/towel/other toiletries that they provide complementary. They use the "environment" as an excuse. LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.