Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37

Sure, I know that. Saw some different preparations online and thought that maybe there would be some ‘regular’ meat to it. Definitely an acquired taste and frankly not what I would spend any kind of meal selection on. At least it means I have more stomach real estate for a burger later on
Isn't that like saying "I ordered a steak, but I'm a vegetarian and hated it. Meat is an acquired taste".? I don't know why you chose it in the first place.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:29 am

I have TPE-JFK coming up, and I am excited to choose my meal ahead of time! Wanted to know if folks had a preference between Braised Pork Tendon, the Beef Filet served with Herb Madeira sauce, or the Rack of Lamb (not something I would ordinarily get for a plane, but if it's prepared ahead of time, it might be good?). My wife is pretty set on the Wok Fried Grouper - is that an okay choice?

As for midflight meal - what would folks pick between the seafood linguine in white wine sauce vs. the vermicelli noodle soup?
I ended up ordering the pork tendons. It's not what I expected (just because I didn't realize what pork tendons are like), but I enjoyed the dish. It's a pretty light dish (a lot more mushrooms than pork), but that's not a bad thing after the different courses ahead. I would give it a solid B+.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:31 am

Edit: duplicate post

Last edited by petey2428; Mar 2, 2018 at 11:36 am
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA

Sure, I know that. Saw some different preparations online and thought that maybe there would be some ‘regular’ meat to it. Definitely an acquired taste and frankly not what I would spend any kind of meal selection on. At least it means I have more stomach real estate for a burger later on
Yes, the burger is really good!
royng likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by petey2428
I ended up ordering the pork tendons. It's not what I expected (just because I didn't realize what pork tendons are like), but I enjoyed the dish. It's a pretty light dish (a lot more mushrooms than pork), but that's not a bad thing after the different courses ahead. I would give it a solid B+.
I felt bad for leaving as much tendon on my plate as I did, but I couldn't make it through more than one medium-sized piece. I agree that the marinade and the mushrooms are solid.

I really enjoyed the vermicelli soup as the pre-arrival dish, and the burger was great. Easy to get refills on wine and champagne. I was perhaps overly harsh about my food choice for the main meal, but everything else about the food service was excellent.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
YYZ -> TPE
Grilled Prime Beef Tenderloin with Chimichurri Sauce Served with Vegetables and Potatoes
Chicken Wrapped with Prosciutto with Bearnaise Sauce Served with Vegetables and Quinoa
Tan Tze Noodle Served with Lotus Root and Shimeji Mushroom
Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Sea Bass with Ginger Onion Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice
Grilled Medallion Veal Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Pasta Cavatappi Lobster with Cheese
Lobster Thermidor Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice
Potato Crusted Salmon Served with Seasonal Vegetables

TPE -> CDG
Grilled Chicken with Arugula Pesto Served with Gratinated Red Skin Potato
Golden Fried Prawn Coated with Almond Flakes with Shiso Prune Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Golden Fried Shrimp with Beancurd Roll and Broiled Mackerel
Din Tai Fung Savoury Shrimp-Pork Wonton and Noodles with Spiced-Chili Sauce with Steamed Beef Soup
Grilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatos
Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes
Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatos
Sauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Creamy Linguine Noodles
Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos
Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice
Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley
Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables
Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries

CDG -> TPE
Braised Sliced Pork with Preserved Vegetables Served with Steamed Rice
Grilled Seabass in Lemon and Mango Sauce Served with Safron Tagliattelles Pasta
Pan Fried Beef Fillet in Truffle Sauce Served with Potatoes
Pan Fried Lamb in Rosemary and Lamb Juice Served with Saffron Pasta
Spicy Scallops in Royal Style Served with Steamed Rice
Sauteed Beef Fillet with Onion Served with Steamed Rice
Roasted Farmer Chicken Breast in Morille Mushroom Sauce Served with Pasta
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:37 pm
Suspended

YYZ TPE

Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Frice

TPE CDG

Din Tai Fung Savoury Shrimp-Pork Wonton and Noodles with Spiced-Chili Sauce with Steamed Beef Soup

CDG TPE

Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
YYZ TPE

Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Frice

TPE CDG

CDG TPE

Have you tried the spicy scallop? I'm somewhat torn between that and the seabass.

I feel like the seabass could either be excellent or a complete mess drowned in overpowering sauce.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Time for me to order. Any votes for the Szechuan Lobster Tail?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dave510
Have you tried the spicy scallop? I'm somewhat torn between that and the seabass.

I feel like the seabass could either be excellent or a complete mess drowned in overpowering sauce.
No I haven't but I've always only have had rubbery scallops on planes so I never bother anymore!
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
Hi all. First time flying on EVA, going YVR-TPE-BKK, and wanted some feedback on the following meals:

YVR-TPE

Porcini Chicken Supreme with Truffle Cream Sauce Served with Baby Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables
Tiger Prawns with Garlic Chive Served with Steamed Rice, Mixed Vegetables
AAA Angus Tenderloin with Porcini Mushroom Demi Served with Truffle Potato Quenelle、Grilled Vegetables
sumac Crusted Lamb Loin with Jus Served with Parsnip Potato Cake and Mixed Vegetables
Szechuan Lobster Tail, Sweet and Sour Pork Served with Egg Fried Rice, Mixed Vegetables

Manchego Chorizo Omelette Served with Lyonnaise Potato and Turkey Sausage
Plain Congee Served with Traditional Delicatessens and Egg Pancake with Turnip and Scallion, Beancurd with Minced Pork and Peas
Mascarpone Crepe with Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate Served with Mixed Berries

TPE-BKK

Pan Seared Halibut Fillet on Pesto Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos with Kalamata Olives
Braised Beef Shank, Tendon and Tripe in Superior Soya Sauce with Noodles
Pan Fried Lamb Loin with Truffle and Mushroom Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Roasted Red Skin Chunky Potatoes
Braised Pork Knuckle and Sea Cucumber in Superior Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice

I am leaning towards the tenderloin or tiger prawns, as well as the pan fried lamb loin on the second flight.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 11, 2018, 12:13 pm

thefiverivers, when do you fly the YVR-TPE leg? I'm on the 29th and still deciding too! ... well not the breakfast, that's nutella. I refuse to grow up, nutella will always win.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
thefiverivers, when do you fly the YVR-TPE leg? I'm on the 29th and still deciding too! ... well not the breakfast, that's nutella. I refuse to grow up, nutella will always win.
Hi there! I’m actually flying on BR 9 as we speak! The steak was delicious, not dry surprisingly, but I’m sure this will be hit or miss. The mashed potatoes and veggies were also cooked nicely. The amuse bouche and appetizers were also tasty. Fantastic service and food and I am happy I made the switch to EVA instead of Asiana.

I’ll be getting the omelette in about an hour so will report back!
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:23 pm

Nice! I always factor in hit or miss aspect, but good to know! I am torn 3 ways for dinner - chicken, prawns or tenderloin. Omelette is the breakfast runner up, but I dunno that I can be swayed there.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
I'd suggest this: Szechuan Lobster Tail, Sweet and Sour Pork Served with Egg Fried Rice, Mixed Vegetables
AleEat and nomadic.relief like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.