FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:13 pm
Adore

Time for reviews!
Late night YYZ-TPE:
  • (Dinner) Stir Fried Prawn and Scallop with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice. Good portion size with 3 shrimp and 4 scallops all cooked well. Sauce was more like a plain gravy and not a spicy XO sauce. Rice tasted not great and which made the entire dish worst off. The greens were fine. I wouldn't recommend this as I was really disappointed with the rice and the sauce didn't taste like XO sauce at all.
  • (Breakfast) Spinach and Bacon Mozzarella Frittata Served with Turkey Sausage and Roasted Potatoes. It's a frittata and not much to say about frittatas in general so I'll say it was okay. The potatoes were easily the best part of this meal. In hindsight I wish I chose the Banana Bread French Toast as I could smell someone else's from across the cabin.
  • (Snack) Assorted dim sum included barbecue pork bun, shrimp siu mai (pork dumpling) and spinach dumpling with shrimp. It was cooked from frozen but not bad. I'd get this again in the future.
  • Oolong tea (the first and lightest one on the menu) was very fragrant and good. Had several cups of this.

Early morning TPE-BKK:
  • (Breakfast) Din-Tai-Fung Stewed Beef Shank with Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens. I really hyped myself up for this one as I love beef noodle soup. The beef shank was good. The soup was a little plain like having brown coloured water. This may have been the cabin pressure affecting my taste buds. The noodles I didn't like at all as I found them even more plain than the soup. I disappointed myself with this option.

Afternoon BKK-TPE:
  • Flew economy on this return leg as business wasn't available for my Aeroplan award redemption. Fried (dory?) fish with egg noodles. All fried fish tastes good to me. The noodles were somewhat soft like having been overcooked, but were also lacking in flavour.

Nighttime TPE-SFO:
  • (Dinner) Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatoes. Duck was quite good though a bit overcooked. Actually difficult to cut the duck with the knife. Orange sauce complimented the duck nicely. I didn't touch the vegetables lol.
  • (Breakfast) Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Braised Tofu with Shiitake Mushroom and Scrambled Egg with Shrimp and Asparagus. Traditional Delicatessens included dried pork floss, pickled cucumber, braised tofu(?) and stir fry celery. I liked the tofu with shittake mushroom. I generally don't like eggs of any type on flight meals and this was no exception.
  • Business cabins were full on this route.

Last edited by Adore; Feb 24, 2020 at 1:18 pm