Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by wsc
A380 LHR-DXB (3 class)
Me, partner and 1YO baby flying in J on the evening flight, so will probably be sleeping. Don't need bassinet (too small) but I can book a bassinet seat.
Do I go for 7E & 7F? (i.e. second row in J), or 9E/9F - basically a bit away from the toilets? and quicker to get out.
Or 23E/F or 25 E/F (but worry about bar noise - hopefully won't be too busy on an over night flight?)
There is somewhat of an irony being concerned about the noise from the bar whilst taking a baby on to a flight.

Ref the front of the plane, that toilet is for F pax not J pax so you don't need to be concerned with foot traffic going forwards and the noise is pretty minimal. If you sit at the front you have the furthest to walk to go to the toilets as they are at the rear, not sure if this would be a problem or not.

If you sat in the rear section in the front row then you would be far enough away from the bar but closer to the toilets.
wsc likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:10 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by wsc
Small bump Looking for thoughts from others who have travelled with babies
I have never found row 23 to be affected by ‘bar noise’. And currently the bar is capacity constrained. On the other hand, the toilets are behind the bar, so everyone needing that ‘facility’ walks past you (although the E/F seats are well away from the aisle). Row 7 or 9 are probably more quiet.
Never flown with a baby myself, so cant answer from that experience.
wsc likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:45 am

Any advise on trying to sit together in J cabin of 3 class A380 if all EF seats are gone. Is it better to sit B/D or J/G so you’re across the aisle next to each other. Or is D/G better where you have the tables between you but are in the centre section together?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 6:04 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by mehreenhussain
Any advise on trying to sit together in J cabin of 3 class A380 if all EF seats are gone. Is it better to sit B/D or J/G so you’re across the aisle next to each other. Or is D/G better where you have the tables between you but are in the centre section together?
That’s a very personal choice and therefore difficult to answer.
My choice would be D/G as I don't think ‘contact’ across the aisle has much value.
I have once een ‘forced’ to choose B/D, did not work at all for me.
Maybe I would choose A/K, no contact at all of course, but they are (in my opinion) the best seats, extremely private and additional storage space in the ‘side bins’. YMMV as they say.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 10:11 am

Is there a schedule for the elimination of angled business seats? I didn’t find one and am interested in BOS-DXB. Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Is there a schedule for the elimination of angled business seats? I didn’t find one and am interested in BOS-DXB. Thanks.
A6-EPU was the last delivery with the old seats and is just over 5 years old. EK tend to keep planes for 10 years so another 5 years should see the end of them.

And for the want of creating another debate, you likely won't even notice the difference. It's just here on flyertalk some folk insist it's criminal, even those that have never actually sat/slept in one.
IntrepidAfrican2 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 12:39 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Strangely, I’ve had some of my best sleeps in the air on those seats!
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by ft101

And for the want of creating another debate, you likely won't even notice the difference. It's just here on flyertalk some folk insist it's criminal, even those that have never actually sat/slept in one.
Originally Posted by Saltire74
The seat issue isn't a made up phenomenon and going by the comments on this site the majority think it is a poor product. Some might find the seat comfortable, I certainly don't but what cannot be argued is the aisle access. If you have never used this seat you may overlook this point but if the person next to you is lay flat it is a pain to get over them.

Having an equipment swap from J on an A380 to a 777 means more engine noise, aisle access issues, no bar, angled seats, less storage space and your "mini bar" replaced with a bottle of water placed in the seat pocket. The difference between the J product on the two different aircraft is vast.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:59 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Agree. Apart from the (unfortunately rare) flights in F, I generally get better sleep on a 77W than a 380. I think it has to do with the seat width.
For me the main 'issues' are the no (direct) aisle access when I am travelling solo and the lack of personal storage space.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 2:05 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Up to very recently, I would have answered that there are (as far as I am aware) no plans to 'eliminate' these seats through a process of actually updating existing airframes. EK only rarely does this. But now there will be the introduction of PE which apparently involves reconfiguring (some?) existing 77W's (or have I got that wrong) and I don't know how that would affect the current J setup (seats? location?).
I either have missed quite a bit of news on this, or the news simply has not been there....
Old Mar 6, 2022, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Will08
The seat issue isn't a made up phenomenon and going by the comments on this site the majority think it is a poor product. Some might find the seat comfortable, I certainly don't but what cannot be argued is the aisle access.
A poorer product than the A380 of course, but only a poor product by those FTers who gripe for the sake of it, and might not have even been on EK except for in their internet imagination.

Instant aisle access is still available on 28 of the 42 seats available and if you're not solo then it shouldn't be an issue getting past your mate/colleague/partner on the rest. Solo passengers in a middle seat must be few and far between. Maximum 7 and likely 0 IMO, but the haters will always hate.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 7:02 am

Thanks for all the feedback. I guess angled seats are here to stay for at least 5 years, unless adding some PE to 777W gets rid of them. I'm reluctant to gamble that BOS flights could have them after bad experiences with old LH angled seats (and old AA but those weren't as bad). I wouldn't be solo, so the middle seat issue isn't as bad, and I don't care about other amenities as much as sleep.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 7:56 am

A poorer product than the A380 of course, but only a poor product by those FTers who gripe for the sake of it, and might not have even been on EK except for in their internet imagination.

Instant aisle access is still available on 28 of the 42 seats available and if you're not solo then it shouldn't be an issue getting past your mate/colleague/partner on the rest. Solo passengers in a middle seat must be few and far between. Maximum 7 and likely 0 IMO, but the haters will always hate.
Aisle access isn't only an issue for the person in the middle seat or in the window it is also an issue for the person in the aisle if they have someone asking them to recline their seat every time they need to use the bathroom. Being a solo traveller or knowing the person next to you is also irrelevant, the same problem still exists.

Not sure where your made up fact of 0 solo travellers in the middle seat comes from but if you were a frequent traveller you would know that these seats are often filled with Op-ups on full flights as they are naturally the last seats to be taken. So once again, someone who has paid a substantial amount for a J ticket is disturbed throughout their flight by a middle seat occupant wanting to get passed.

How often do you actually take a 777 flight in J? Once every couple of years if you get an equipment swap on your holiday to Pattaya? Seems like some like to defend this product just for the sake of it....
Pandor likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 9:38 am

Who would have guessed a forum Moaning Myrtle wouldn't be pleased even with a post agreeing the A380 J to be better than the B777 J.

Aisle access isn't only an issue for the person in the middle seat or in the window it is also an issue for the person in the aisle if they have someone asking them to recline their seat every time they need to use the bathroom. Being a solo traveller or knowing the person next to you is also irrelevant, the same problem still exists.
If you have a problem getting past or letting your mate/colleague/partner past then you need to think again about your priorities, and that's what many of these people will be or they wouldn't be there anyway.

Not sure where your made up fact of 0 solo travellers in the middle seat comes from but if you were a frequent traveller you would know that these seats are often filled with Op-ups on full flights as they are naturally the last seats to be taken
It was an opinion in case you missed that, not claimed as a fact, and I also mentioned it could be as many as 7. As you say, most of these seats (if even occupied) will be op-ups then it's more likely closer to 0 than 7, but don't let logic spoil your rant.

How often do you actually take a 777 flight in J? Once every couple of years if you get an equipment swap on your holiday to Pattaya? Seems like some like to defend this product just for the sake of it....
Oh, since when was someone who travels on their own shilling and less often than one "who sucks on the corporate teet" as another poster so eloquently put it less entitled to have a view on the comfort experienced? The seats don't get more angled if you fly them weekly, monthly or even less. I have been in three continents EK service from my usual home, to multiple destinations in two of these and enough times to be Silver/Gold for many years, so your opinion of my flying patterns might be a tad misplaced, much like many of your comments on here.
jonzboy and IntrepidAfrican2 like this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:29 am

Who would have guessed a forum Moaning Myrtle wouldn't be pleased even with a post agreeing the A380 J to be better than the B777 J.

If you have a problem getting past or letting your mate/colleague/partner past then you need to think again about your priorities, and that's what many of these people will be or they wouldn't be there anyway.

It was an opinion in case you missed that, not claimed as a fact, and I also mentioned it could be as many as 7. As you say, most of these seats (if even occupied) will be op-ups then it's more likely closer to 0 than 7, but don't let logic spoil your rant.

Oh, since when was someone who travels on their own shilling and less often than one "who sucks on the corporate teet" as another poster so eloquently put it less entitled to have a view on the comfort experienced? The seats don't get more angled if you fly them weekly, monthly or even less. I have been in three continents EK service from my usual home, to multiple destinations in two of these and enough times to be Silver/Gold for many years, so your opinion of my flying patterns might be a tad misplaced, much like many of your comments on here.
Agreeing on the a380 doesn't detract from the rest on the nonsense you put.

What have priorities got to do with anything? Whether the person next to you is a colleague or someone you don't know is irrelevant. If they want to sleep they don't want to be woken up by someone clambering over them or asking them to move. Luckily for me, i'm athletic and can support my own body weight and I have previously stated I can climb over people however, the guy with the belly overhang you often see in J can't do that. (See a lot of these on flights to BKK)...

Oh and you are wrong again, I pay for all of my own flights, obviously the Pattaya stereotype hit a nerve...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.