Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2023, 12:39 pm

Thats wonderful, thank you. I had seen that seat plan plus the one on seat guru and expert flyer and as I said none show a toilet but thought best to double check.

Expert flyer does show the second "block" of economy seats to be blocked out with and x. The Emirates website when checking seats has them as all occupied. I dont suppose you know what this means as seems a little odd.

Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2023, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by jcarberry
Has anyone had a chance to try the A380 premium economy? Specifically wondering how cramped it gets if the person in front of you full reclines. I'm flying with my partner and it looks like the forwardmost twin seats are blocked off for bassinets. I would strongly consider nabbing 2/4 of the bulkhead seats in the middle to avoid being reclined on in the twin seats on the side.
Hi there, we had the opportunity to try PE on the A380 this month. I have a huge issue with people reclining into my space, so booked the bulkhead seats 33jk. They were available to reserve at the booking stage.
There are disadvantages to these seats, but for me, not having someone recline into you, outweighs any negatives. That said, from what I observed around the cabin, even with the seats in full recline, they still appeared quite spacious.
Notes about row 33: you only have touch screen for the IFE so your arms can get a bit sore if your browsing. Also rubbish if your a gamer.
The stairs to the upper deck are roped off but they attach the rope with a clunky metal clasp which can be a little noisy.
I didn’t find the proximity to the toilets annoying.

If you don’t mind sitting next to a stranger (another one of my dislikes lol) then the bulkheads in the middle will be quieter.
Old May 3, 2023, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Jayfaz
Do either JFK to ATH or JFK to MXP feature the new business class product on the A380?
The ATH route is from/to EWR (not JFK) and it’s on the B777 (not A380). On the EWR-ATH route, it is usually the “new” business class, but not guaranteed.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 1:47 am

Do seats 68A/K become free to select at check-in or do they always attract a charge?
Old Jul 29, 2023, 2:59 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by eminere
Do seats 68A/K become free to select at check-in or do they always attract a charge?
The only seats that are charged after OLCI are emergency exit seats (extra legroom). Everything else is free then, as far as I am aware. Not sure where row 68 is, but from the above you can work it out.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 3:02 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
4A on the A380

Just flew my first EK flight and sat in 4A.

I could hear galley chatter, it was loud-ish, but the crew were having fun cranking out the meals and drinks, so I did not mind.

I noticed them serving meals from 1-4, so that meant a longer wait for food, and a bit less time to eat prior to landing.

Thinking of picking row 3 on the return for no reason other than to try something else.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 11:41 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket

I could hear galley chatter, it was loud-ish, but the crew were having fun cranking out the meals and drinks, so I did not mind.

I noticed them serving meals from 1-4, so that meant a longer wait for food, and a bit less time to eat prior to landing.

Thinking of picking row 3 on the return for no reason other than to try something else.
It is ‘dine on demand’ in F, so - unless several people order at the same time - there should be no ‘row order’ in this the meals are served. I would recommend row 2 or 3 because of the galley noise ‘issue’.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 4:06 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Oh, I was fine with everything. Just took in the whole experience with open eyes. The A380 is remarkably quiet compared to some of the aircraft I have flown. Loved watching the tail camera!

Originally Posted by thijsseh
It is ‘dine on demand’ in F, so - unless several people order at the same time - there should be no ‘row order’ in this the meals are served. I would recommend row 2 or 3 because of the galley noise ‘issue’.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:41 am

To close this off and provide a data point: no, these seats do not become free to select when online check-in opens. In fact, for my flights they showed as occupied on the Emirates app/web site, even though ExpertFlyer indicated they were unallocated. I was able to get these seats for free at airport check-in (noting the check-in agent had to get approval from a supervisor to have the seat unblocked).
Old Oct 3, 2023, 6:08 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
To close this off and provide a data point: no, these seats do not become free to select when online check-in opens. In fact, for my flights they showed as occupied on the Emirates app/web site, even though ExpertFlyer indicated they were unallocated. I was able to get these seats for free at airport check-in (noting the check-in agent had to get approval from a supervisor to have the seat unblocked).
What you have described is what used to happen but then they brought in extra charges for these seats (free for plats). The seats were then left empty unless paid for and crew on some occasions would enforce this rule if passengers tried moving to these seats once on board.

Now it seems like this policy has reverted back. These seats are also assigned to passengers free of charge on full/oversold flights as well.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 10:09 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold

I had an identical experience on 203 to JFK last month (a full flight). Not just the crew chatter which can be a lot in the initial few hours, but every time they opened one of the shelves or banged the carts against the bulkhead separator, it woke me up. Row 4 is not recommended if you are a light sleeper.

I had the option of selecting the middle EF seats but thought 4A is probably better for privacy and quiet. I could not be more wrong. I am pretty sure I will chose E/F seats over 4 A/K. Besides Row 4 has only 2 windows instead of the usual 3 (not that it mattered).

My preferred order would be 2/3 A/K followed by Row 1/2/3/ E/F followed by Row 1 A/K. Or maybe 1A/K over E/F - as I have never sat in 1A/K on the 380. If no other choice but 4A/K, I shall likely check with the crew if they have a seat available in J, and go there to sleep instead.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 4:14 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jackiedada
If no other choice but 4A/K, I shall likely check with the crew if they have a seat available in J, and go there to sleep instead.
Wow that bad?? I’ve luckily never had to sit in row 4 over the last 13 years of flying EK F. Expert flyer has been good to me by finding a window seat in rows 1-3 before departure, but I think I too would prefer an E/F seat over row 4.
1A/K are not awful, but they are not preferred as the suite does seem a little bit more narrow than the rest and is also right next to the curtain: Not to mention the missing window.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 10:41 pm

Asked this in the newbie thread but probably fits better here, my bad. Going to fly Premium Economy on EK for the first time. Would you choose 38K or 40K? Is there an advantage/disadvantage to choosing the back row (eg seat not reclining as far back or something else)?
Old Nov 19, 2023, 4:22 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Anyone that's 5'7" (or taller) that can comment about the foot rests in PE (Premium Economy) on EK? How is it like to travel a 8-12 hour trip?
Old Dec 17, 2023, 3:34 pm

Do the bulkhead seats in J on A380 (23 E/F or 7 E/F) have wider footwells? Any downsides to choosing these seats? Debating those vs. 9 E/F otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.