Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by Jwirl
Apparently the A380s with premium economy have slightly different first suites with taller doors and wider seats. I’ve the choice of flying to SYD with the new PE aircraft or MEL without so just wanted to know if anyone who flew the brand new A380s noticed a difference.
Ive flown seven F sectors in the last four weeks, two have been on planes with PE (so newer airframes) and definitely didn’t notices taller doors or wider seats. As DYKWIA says, it’s usually tech (TV screens and controllers) where there’s a slight difference.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican2
Ive flown seven F sectors in the last four weeks, two have been on planes with PE (so newer airframes) and definitely didn’t notices taller doors or wider seats. As DYKWIA says, it’s usually tech (TV screens and controllers) where there’s a slight difference.
Great, thanks so much for letting me know.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:30 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Yes I too have flown the PE A380s in F on 4 sectors recently and have not noticed any difference in the height or width of the suite.
Jwirl likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:43 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Jwirl
Apparently the A380s with premium economy have slightly different first suites with taller doors and wider seats. I’ve the choice of flying to SYD with the new PE aircraft or MEL without so just wanted to know if anyone who flew the brand new A380s noticed a difference.
One extra thing to consider is that the WiFi on the older A380s is generally terrible. So, I'd definitely go for the A380 with PE.
thijsseh and Jwirl like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:31 pm

Do either JFK to ATH or JFK to MXP feature the new business class product on the A380?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:41 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Jayfaz
Do either JFK to ATH or JFK to MXP feature the new business class product on the A380?
I assume that by 'new business class product' you refer to the 'refreshed look', which (in my view) is nice but not really a big change.
It currently is only on the frames which have the PE section and these are (as far as I am aware) currently not used on the routes you mention.
So with all of that in mind, the answer is 'no'.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 2:29 pm

Does anyone know if either the aisle or window arm rests go up in row 47? Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2022, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by cea421049
Does anyone know if either the aisle or window arm rests go up in row 47? Thanks!
On an A380 the aisle seat arm rests go up on Row 47 where it's fitted. On the B777 they don't, according to the seatmaps on the EK website. The seats are marked as suitable for disabled access on the seatmaps.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...tra-long-range
Old Dec 1, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, LY Silver
How can I know if my flight on a Boeing 777-300ER is lie-flat or angle-flat? Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by yonajon
How can I know if my flight on a Boeing 777-300ER is lie-flat or angle-flat? Thanks in advance!
A6-EPV onwards are fully flat.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by ft101
A6-EPV onwards are fully flat.
Thanks, so it cannot be known at booking time?
Old Dec 3, 2022, 2:47 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by yonajon
Thanks, so it cannot be known at booking time?

What is the route concerned? Some routes (into Africa for instance) NEVER get these frames. Others (like STN) get them almost always (although not guaranteed). There are about 20 77W frames with full lie flat out of currently 120 in service, so overall an 18% chance.
Using Flightradar24 you can see what frames have historically flown on the route you are interested in. But 'past performance is no guarantee for future success' (as they say in the investment industry).
Old Dec 3, 2022, 10:00 am

Flying TLV-DXB-HAN and back. I looked at Flightradar24 and it seems like these routes always use the old aircraft. Alas.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 10:37 am

Seating advice Emirates A380 two class

Hi

Hopefully this is in the right place as I am new to the forum.

We are travelling with Emirates this summer from BHX to MLE and on the BHX to DXB leg we are on a two class A380. We are travelling economy on the way out and business on our return.

Having checked seat guru and expert flyer we have opted for row 33 JK on our way out. I understand that we are just in front of the door and next to a galley but does anyone know if we are also next to a toilet? All of the seating plans that I have seen shows that the toilets are right at the front but on Emirates 3D seat checker it shows that we have a toilet to our left. The videos that i have seen are not clear - i think it looks like storage spaces but was wondering if anyone knew?

On our return my wife and I want to sit in the "honeymoon" business seats so that we are sat right next to each other as my wife is a nervous flyer. Some were already taken so the options we had were 6EF at the front bulkhead, 15EF. then 20 and 22. We wanted 15 but a message appeared saying that we were near a bassinet seat and could be moved, which would be an issue. 20 and 22 are in the smaller section nearer the bar. I was wondering where experienced travellers would opt for?

Finally - sorry that this isnt in the right place but hopefully as it is really quick it will be allowed. We have never been to the DXB business lounge. We have a transit of over 5 hours so have time to move to a different concourse to our arrival/departing flights. Which is the best lounge?

Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2023, 11:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

This should be accurate :- https://www.aerolopa.com/ek-388-2cl

That shows just the toilet at the front. I'd trust this over the Emirates 3D as they are sometimes not quite right.

For the way back, I'd go for 6EF - mainly because I like to closer to the front (and it's quicker to exit). They're all pretty much the same anyway.

The best lounge is in the A Concourse. This tends to be quieter that than the B Concourse - but the B lounge does have the Moet bar. Avoid the C lounge as this really showing its age. You can move from one to another, although you need to take a shuttle train from A-B.
thijsseh likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.