Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:23 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I got caught on my last flight. I was actually in F, and went for a drink at the bar. On my return, the curtain dragon shooed me away when I tried to get through to F (by the toilet). DYKWIA????
If you had worn your pyjamas and your hair was still wet from the shower, she would not have made that mistake.
wsc and BadoRas like this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:23 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Apologies, duplicate post
Old Mar 31, 2022, 5:58 pm
wsc

Originally Posted by Coffee drinker
^
Maybe F was empty? Otherwise this upward cabin moving is usually not allowed.
F was full in this case
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone had a chance to try the A380 premium economy? Specifically wondering how cramped it gets if the person in front of you full reclines. I'm flying with my partner and it looks like the forwardmost twin seats are blocked off for bassinets. I would strongly consider nabbing 2/4 of the bulkhead seats in the middle to avoid being reclined on in the twin seats on the side.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:21 pm

This must have been asked many times here but I can't find the answer.

I'll be flying business to Dubai in a 777-300ER. I would love to get the window seat but I'll be flying alone. I tend to drink a lot and go to the restroom many times during flights (and especially in a long, overnight flight). How hard is it to go over a stranger's legs at 3am in the morning in our original time zone? Is it better to just take an aisle seat?

Edit: Tend to drink a lot liquids not alcohol lol

Last edited by pampa; Apr 14, 2022 at 10:07 pm
Old Apr 14, 2022, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by pampa

I'll be flying business to Dubai in a 777-300ER. I would love to get the window seat but I'll be flying alone. I tend to drink a lot and go to the restroom many times during flights (and especially in a long, overnight flight). How hard is it to go over a stranger's legs at 3am in the morning in our original time zone? Is it better to just take an aisle seat?
Yes, much better. It's one of my reasons for booking aisle seats too.
pampa and Radiation Station like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 2:07 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by pampa

Edit: Tend to drink a lot liquids not alcohol lol
I agree with ft101 in post #1310.
Although it is not that difficult to climb over the aisle seat passenger (depending on how tall and flexible you are, actually), I would not like to do it more than once per flight if said aisle seat passenger is a stranger. When Mrs t is next to me, it's OK, I know she sleeps quite soundly and I don't disturb her. But when I travel alone, it's different.
In your case, I would certainly take an aisle seat. Avoid row 8, as the aisle seats tend to get bumped by passengers in rows 9 to 11 on their way to the toilets. If you choose an aisle seat in the middle 'block of 3' where two of the other seats have already been taken, take the remaining seat. Chances are that the 2 seats already taken are a couple and then you would probably not be disturbed by someone climbing over you. Lack of direct aisle access for all seats is a drawback on the 77W, but it is manageable (in my opinion).
pampa and Radiation Station like this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by thijsseh
I agree with ft101 in post #1310.
Although it is not that difficult to climb over the aisle seat passenger (depending on how tall and flexible you are, actually), I would not like to do it more than once per flight if said aisle seat passenger is a stranger. When Mrs t is next to me, it's OK, I know she sleeps quite soundly and I don't disturb her. But when I travel alone, it's different.
In your case, I would certainly take an aisle seat. Avoid row 8, as the aisle seats tend to get bumped by passengers in rows 9 to 11 on their way to the toilets. If you choose an aisle seat in the middle 'block of 3' where two of the other seats have already been taken, take the remaining seat. Chances are that the 2 seats already taken are a couple and then you would probably not be disturbed by someone climbing over you. Lack of direct aisle access for all seats is a drawback on the 77W, but it is manageable (in my opinion).
You'll be in trouble soon saying that planning where you sit on an EK 777 means you'll have a more enjoyable flight. Someone will be along shortly to say that it's impossible to have a suitable seat unless you can lift your own body weight while countering the effect of the plane flying almost vertically.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:25 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Yes, point proven again yesterday had back to back flights J on a 777 followed by PE. I had an obese guy sat next to me on the 777 (which isn't uncommon) who woke me up every time he unsuccessfully tried climbing over me. He was apologetic and obviously it wasn't his fault but window or aisle seat, you'll be disturbed either way if the other seat is taken.

Having done the flights back to back for a good comparison the difference in seat comfort is also worth pointing out. Whilst the seat pitch isnt comparable the 777 J seat feels like you are lay on concrete compared to the PE seat. Luckily for me all my upcoming flights are on a380s.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:02 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by ft101
You'll be in trouble soon saying that planning where you sit on an EK 777 means you'll have a more enjoyable flight. Someone will be along shortly to say that it's impossible to have a suitable seat unless you can lift your own body weight while countering the effect of the plane flying almost vertically.
Yes, I know and the post above (#1314) demonstrates your point….
But I had to give my honest opinion, in spite of being aware of the upcoming rant.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Yes, I know and the post above (#1314) demonstrates your point….
But I had to give my honest opinion, in spite of being aware of the upcoming rant.
Hardly a rant and luckily for me I don’t have any upcoming flights to third world countries so I won’t have to endure the substandard product.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: EK Gold
Does anyone know if there is a large difference between the newer A380 first class suites and the older ones? I’ve read the newer ones and wider with taller doors but by much? I’ve the option to travel on either one so just want to know if worth it or not. Many thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by Jwirl
Does anyone know if there is a large difference between the newer A380 first class suites and the older ones? I’ve read the newer ones and wider with taller doors but by much? I’ve the option to travel on either one so just want to know if worth it or not. Many thanks.
i haven’t seen any meaningful / discernible difference. Perhaps others who pay closer attention have.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:05 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Jwirl
Do you mean the B777 rather than A380? If so, go for the new F.

On the A380, there are small differences depending on the age of the plane (I can't say I noticed anything other than the older IFE screens). However, you wouldn't get to choose anyway, as the allocation is pretty random. Although I suppose you could "guarantee" a newish plane by choosing one of the flights with PE.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Do you mean the B777 rather than A380? If so, go for the new F.

On the A380, there are small differences depending on the age of the plane (I can't say I noticed anything other than the older IFE screens). However, you wouldn't get to choose anyway, as the allocation is pretty random. Although I suppose you could "guarantee" a newish plane by choosing one of the flights with PE.
Apparently the A380s with premium economy have slightly different first suites with taller doors and wider seats. I’ve the choice of flying to SYD with the new PE aircraft or MEL without so just wanted to know if anyone who flew the brand new A380s noticed a difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.