Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:07 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by murtaza12
Flying A380 J for the first time in a few months, just got tickets today.

Need some advice.

I'll be travelling alone, what seat do I select for a decent wing / engine view?

My mother and younger sister will be travelling a few days after me, what seats do I select for them so that they can sit together?
Wing / engine view probably quite far forward, something like 7, 9 or 11 A/K (B and J seats are not as close to the window as the ‘table’ is in the way. A and K also have more legroom / privacy. On a 2 class frame, it’s still A K but not sure about row numbers.

For people travelling together, E/F pairs are the only good option.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 4:32 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
I have a Y flight on the 380 next month and have ended up with a Y saver*. Since I dont have status now it looks like I have to pay for a seat if I want to choose one in advance.

I am on EK 12 which is currently scheduled as a 2 class but I have seen it change sometimes.

I can see that EK has a disclaimer that the seats can change for operational reasons but do they refund the seat fee if they swap seats?

Was thinking of trying the upper deck in Y and it looks like its £67 for LGW DXB for the seat .

* managed to get a Y saver for 2 for around £300 less than what EK wanted via a third party site . Also had 40kg luggage allowance which I wanted.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
I have a Y flight on the 380 next month and have ended up with a Y saver*. Since I dont have status now it looks like I have to pay for a seat if I want to choose one in advance.

I am on EK 12 which is currently scheduled as a 2 class but I have seen it change sometimes.

I can see that EK has a disclaimer that the seats can change for operational reasons but do they refund the seat fee if they swap seats?

Was thinking of trying the upper deck in Y and it looks like its £67 for LGW DXB for the seat .

* managed to get a Y saver for 2 for around £300 less than what EK wanted via a third party site . Also had 40kg luggage allowance which I wanted.
I would probably say it is worth it if you got your original tickets so cheap. Boarding upstairs is a lot better, you can get two seats down the side (if still available) and also I have had a few flights recently where they have become a lot more relaxed with allowing Pax to spread out into the rear Y cabin after take off (assuming it has remained blocked off).

It is less crowded and feels more comfortable than normal Y but I would not say you get any more room.
thijsseh and ukdoctor like this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Will08
It is less crowded and feels more comfortable than normal Y but I would not say you get any more room.
Noticeably smaller overhead storage bins in the upper deck.
Tanzguy and ukdoctor like this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:04 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
But my concern is whether they refund the excess fee paid if they do a aircraft swap.

standard seat fee is £17 while upper deck is £67 per seat.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:10 pm
formerly mrshyt

Programs: IB+ Gold, HH Gold
Hi recommendations for biz class on the 777200LR, 2x2x2 cabin needed please!

I'm travelling solo, I do tend to get up every now and then, it is an afternoon flight as well so I won't be sleeping, so I'm thinking of an aisle seat. The following are available: 1J, 4B, 5E, 6B, 6E, 6F, 6J, 7E, 7F, 7J.

Is there extra room in row 1, so my neighbour in 1K will easily be able to walk out of their seat? Row 7 is right in front of the economy cabin so other than getting a few wanderers from behind, is it an ok row? I've heard the social bar may disturb a bit...

Thanks people!
Old Feb 15, 2020, 4:21 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Avoid row 6 and 7. Row 1 is behind the galley and may have some noise and light disturbing you. I would go for 4B.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:10 pm

Programs: AS, SQ, DL
Question A380 J-Seating Recommendation

Hi all,

My partner and I have a J itinerary coming up later this year:
SEA-DXB - 777-300ER
DXB-HKG - A380-800 (three class)
HKT-DXB - 777-300ER
DXB-SEA - 777-300ER

For all the 777 flights, we're in 9J & 9K which I think will be fine.

For the A380 flight (first time on an A380) what's best beyond selecting an E-F pair? We don't really need to sleep on this flight so I'm thinking it will be nice to be closer to the lounge, anyone have strong opinions?
Thanks in advance for your input!
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:21 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Hello
Requesting assistance from EK seat experts please:
I am considering travelling on EK 247 from DXB to GIG later this year (14+ hour sector).
Aircraft listed is a 777-300ER. I am assuming that most of those still have the angled J class seats?
I flew on a B777 from SIN to MEL recently and was pleasantly surprised to discover it had a fully-flat seat in J.
Q1: Is there any way to tell those with fully-flat from the angled-flat product ahead of time?
Q2: Does anyone have recent experience of the product usually flown on EK 247?
Thanks in advance
tb

Last edited by tallboy; Feb 18, 2020 at 11:22 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:47 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by tallboy
Hello
Requesting assistance from EK seat experts please:
I am considering travelling on EK 247 from DXB to GIG later this year (14+ hour sector).
Aircraft listed is a 777-300ER. I am assuming that most of those still have the angled J class seats?
I flew on a B777 from SIN to MEL recently and was pleasantly surprised to discover it had a fully-flat seat in J.
Q1: Is there any way to tell those with fully-flat from the angled-flat product ahead of time?
Q2: Does anyone have recent experience of the product usually flown on EK 247?
Thanks in advance
tb
A1: Registration A6-EPV and newer have the new J cabin. There is no way of knowing in advance which frame will be used on a certain day. For the return trip (i.e. GIG/DXB), you can see the registration of the outbound aircraft after it has left DXB, but that is obviously too late to make decisions w.r.t booking flights.
A2: According to The EK Source - Emirates Airline Flight Tracker., EK247 has been operated by EPV once and by EQE once in the last month. As the question is 'usually', recent stats suggest an ECx frame to be the most likely.
tallboy likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 5:39 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Originally Posted by thijsseh
A1: Registration A6-EPV and newer have the new J cabin. There is no way of knowing in advance which frame will be used on a certain day. For the return trip (i.e. GIG/DXB), you can see the registration of the outbound aircraft after it has left DXB, but that is obviously too late to make decisions w.r.t booking flights.
A2: According to The EK Source - Emirates Airline Flight Tracker., EK247 has been operated by EPV once and by EQE once in the last month. As the question is 'usually', recent stats suggest an ECx frame to be the most likely.
Thank you thijsseh for your quick and helpful response.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear , but it is exactly the information I needed.

tb
Old Feb 22, 2020, 4:28 pm

hi all
Flying with Emirates first time from London to Dubai in April on a A380.
I got flex ticket economy so can choose seats now.Cant afford the £800 extra each way they want for business class!

I currently got seats 55H and 54H booked.
Are these good? I prefer aisle seats but want as much leg room as possible but extra legroom ones cost 76 extra!

Any tips for cheaper upgrade to business class?
Old Feb 23, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: MR Plat
Are there any pictures of how "missing" the window is in 7K or 7A is on the 777 J cabin?

Those are one of the only pairs left that I can select on a DXB-JNB flight in October, so not like I have much of a choice but just out of curiosity.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 4:50 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by Globex
Are there any pictures of how "missing" the window is in 7K or 7A is on the 777 J cabin?

Those are one of the only pairs left that I can select on a DXB-JNB flight in October, so not like I have much of a choice but just out of curiosity.
I don’t have any pictures, but it’s not that bad. If you lean a bit forward you can look out fine.
To be honest, 7A/K are (together with 6A/K) my favourite J seats on the 77W.
Globex likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by thijsseh
I don’t have any pictures, but it’s not that bad. If you lean a bit forward you can look out fine.
To be honest, 7A/K are (together with 6A/K) my favourite J seats on the 77W.
Thanks! So, on a follow-up flight from NBO-DXB, I'm in 9J/9K. Would you move to 7J/7K instead? Sounds like yes...

I can't seem to choose the aisle seats in row 6 because the aisle seat has the bassinet symbol and I can't click on it on the Emirates site/app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.