Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by jetsetter86
That's an interesting comment. I've had 2 experiences now where I was on an older A380 with a slanted seat. Any way to check which ones have the full flat vs slanty?
All A380s are fully flat in J. Yours must not have been fully reclined or faulty. From the pic, we can see it's an "older" plane, but the seat should have been the same.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by ft101
All A380s are fully flat in J. Yours must not have been fully reclined or faulty. From the pic, we can see it's an "older" plane, but the seat should have been the same.
I had a faulty one, one of the earlier A380 frames, it went to about 80% flat but the back was up a few degress. Reminded me of 777 J...

And does anyone actually like the motorized footrest from the early frames? I know they got rid of it but maybe there are few fans?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: EK Gold, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
FT101, nope I was fully reclined and my seat was not faulty, all the other seats (the vacant ones I could find) reclined to the same angle. I've had this "old" A380 angled seat on two EK414 flights now. Have others experienced this?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by jetsetter86
FT101, nope I was fully reclined and my seat was not faulty, all the other seats (the vacant ones I could find) reclined to the same angle. I've had this "old" A380 angled seat on two EK414 flights now. Have others experienced this?
No. I've flown on EK A380s since 2008 and they've always been 180 degree flat.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:08 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by extramileage
No. I've flown on EK A380s since 2008 and they've always been 180 degree flat.
Same here.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: EK Plat
Agreed. If it doesn't recline to fully flat ask for another seat. The older frames have many issues but if you ask the crew politely they will find you a fully working seat providing it's not full
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
First time poster on the Emirates forum. Have been looking at using EK Y as an alternative to BA WTP (obviously much cheaper and with the stop in Dubai braking the monotony of a long flight). I can’t seem to find the seat pitch for EK’s 380 in Y as it is shown on all sites as 32-34’. Does the seat pitch vary by row on the A380?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:06 am

MAD>DXB overnight flight in 777 Business Class. Cannot post pictures yet, but seat availability is:

Row 6
Row 7: D E F

GAP

Row 8: D
Row 9
Row 10: D E F
Row 11: D E F J

What's the best seat to choose to get some sleep? Thank you very much!

Last edited by london11; Jan 14, 2018 at 11:38 am
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:25 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by london11
MAD>DXB overnight flight in Business Class. Cannot post pictures yet, but seat availability is:

Row 6
Row 7: D E F

GAP

Row 8: D
Row 9
Row 10: D E F
Row 11: D E F J

What's the best seat to choose to get some sleep? Thank you very much!
Welcome to FT and the EK forum in particular, london11!

Not a great choice . But if sleep is what you are after I would choose 7E. Ok, it’s a middle seat but you won’t have anyone climbing over you during the night. And row 7 is in the relatively quiet forward cabin. Row 6 will open up at check in, assuming there are no bassinets required. So have your finger on the button at T-48 and try to get 6A or 6K.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh

Welcome to FT and the EK forum in particular, london11!

Not a great choice . But if sleep is what you are after I would choose 7E. Ok, it’s a middle seat but you won’t have anyone climbing over you during the night. And row 7 is in the relatively quiet forward cabin. Row 6 will open up at check in, assuming there are no bassinets required. So have your finger on the button at T-48 and try to get 6A or 6K.
Thank you very much!

That's really useful, thank you. Had no idea 6 opens up at check-in! Just a quick q, how bad is disturbance/light from the kitchen in front of 6? Thanks again
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:15 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by london11
Thank you very much!

That's really useful, thank you. Had no idea 6 opens up at check-in! Just a quick q, how bad is disturbance/light from the kitchen in front of 6? Thanks again
There is no galley in front of row 6. The F cabin is there, separated by a curtain and there should be little or no traffic there. The F galley is in front of row 1.
The J galley is behind row 7, as are the J lavatories. My favourite seat is 7K and the galley / loos have never bothered me, but YMMV as they say.
It is not that easy to get row 6 seats, don’t rely on it!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by thijsseh

There is no galley in front of row 6. The F cabin is there, separated by a curtain and there should be little or no traffic there. The F galley is in front of row 1.
The J galley is behind row 7, as are the J lavatories. My favourite seat is 7K and the galley / loos have never bothered me, but YMMV as they say.
It is not that easy to get row 6 seats, don’t rely on it!
Amazing, thank you again for the insight! Really appreciate it.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
My family and I will be flying on Emirates for the first time in March. ORD-DXB on a 777. Would it be worth the $250 for the RT to choose our seats in the front economy cabin, rows 17-21? Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by mustang281man
My family and I will be flying on Emirates for the first time in March. ORD-DXB on a 777. Would it be worth the $250 for the RT to choose our seats in the front economy cabin, rows 17-21? Thanks
What benefit do you hope to get from being in the front cabin? I.e. why do you think these are better seats? If you have a concrete reason that makes those seats more valuable to you, then yes it is, if you don't, then no, everyone has different preferences. If you're several pax, i.e. 4+ why not select some middles near the back, these rows often don't fill up unless the plane is completely full, if you're 4 you could select 2 aisles behind each other on either side of the center block of 4, e.g. 40D, 40G, 41D and 41G and hope that E and F remain open. Or of course something like 40A + C and 41 A + C and hope no one sits in B, if they do one of you just switches.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
What benefit do you hope to get from being in the front cabin? I.e. why do you think these are better seats? If you have a concrete reason that makes those seats more valuable to you, then yes it is, if you don't, then no, everyone has different preferences. If you're several pax, i.e. 4+ why not select some middles near the back, these rows often don't fill up unless the plane is completely full, if you're 4 you could select 2 aisles behind each other on either side of the center block of 4, e.g. 40D, 40G, 41D and 41G and hope that E and F remain open. Or of course something like 40A + C and 41 A + C and hope no one sits in B, if they do one of you just switches.
Thanks for the response. I don’t have a concrete reason, just some of the trip report I’ve read people tend to like those seats. There are 3 of us so a center row with an empty seat would be ideal. I’ll just save my money and keep and eye on Expert Flyer as the date gets closer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.