Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Why do you keep booking seats that have misaligned windows, if you actually want a window???
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Why do you keep booking seats that have misaligned windows, if you actually want a window???
wow what a welcome you people give to new members on this site.

i don't 'KEEP booking seats with misaligned windows'. I booked under the guidance of emirates staff and then found out their guidance was wrong, I rarely fly due to my health and I've never flown with emirates. So sorry for inconveniencing you with my concerns.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Hi again, please don't create duplicate threads, you could've asked this in your other thread. Additionally there are multiple other threads already you could've asked this in, notably the seating guide thread:

Most extra legroom seats at exit rows are at an exit door, thus there isn't really a window but you could lean (very far) forward and look out the door's window.

The first row on the 77W in Y which is row 17 is also extra legroom and does have a window, why not try that?

I am asking a mod to merge the threads into one or into the seating guide thread.
They wouldn't allow me to book row 17 thats why, because they claim that row is for parents and toddlers.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by iamDamian
They wouldn't allow me to book row 17 thats why, because they claim that row is for parents and toddlers.
Hm I suspected that might be the case, however perhaps if you call and try again and indicate you accept that you may be moved in case of a bassinet is required they may accommodate you. Usually parents are seated in the center section, not at the window seats.

Please don't be offended, nor offensive, we are happy to help, but please also try and follow the posting guidelines and practices, such as not starting multiple unnecessary threads as it discourages others from helping and makes it harder to track the posts.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 5:57 am
Suspended

wow what a welcome you people give to new members on this site.

i don't 'KEEP booking seats with misaligned windows'. I booked under the guidance of emirates staff and then found out their guidance was wrong, I rarely fly due to my health and I've never flown with emirates. So sorry for inconveniencing you with my concerns.
What I meant was, with the many tools available to you (wikis on FT, SeatGuru, the EK website, etc) were you not able to reserve any other window seat on either the 777 or the A380? I don't really understand why the focus is on the two seats you referred to.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
What I meant was, with the many tools available to you (wikis on FT, SeatGuru, the EK website, etc) were you not able to reserve any other window seat on either the 777 or the A380? I don't really understand why the focus is on the two seats you referred to.

Because OP specifically mentioned they need an extra legroom seat. Unfortunately on EK these are either bassinet bulkheads or exit rows, and exit rows tend to have exits... surprise surprise. and where there's a door, there's no window.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: Emirates Gold + BA Silver
try this, it may help.....

Emirates A380 seating plan with pictures | Good & bad seats reviews
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:43 am
Suspended

Hmm, that is a bit of a pickle. Would an aisle seat in a window row work (ie legroom plus the ability to look sideways out the window)?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:20 pm

80A does have a window. Source: Seatguru
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Having no personal experience on a 2 class aircraft, I slowed down this tour of one and you can see that there is a window at 80A but not the entirety of the window. Same can be seen for 80K.

Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:22 pm

If it is the front row of economy upstairs then there is no window.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: QF
777-300ER Seating- IFE Boxes

Hi everyone, I have been searching the web and Im finding contradictory information. I'm Platinum/Emerald QF on QF flight number but Emirates aircraft, flying solo Adelaide~Dubai in June on 777-300ER in Y :-(. I normally select/prefer window seats, but some blogs are mentioning IFE boxes under A and K seats stealing lots of leg room. I know the Y seating in 777 is already squishy and I'd prefer to avoid the extra negative of boxes in the way of my legs. I'm not sure which version 777-300ER EK fly to Adelaide and it may be that different configurations have differing IFE obstructions?? Is there someone out there who has detailed knowledge of the positioning of IFE boxes on these aircraft, plus any chronological differences? Sincere thanks in advance.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by kudublesbok
Hi everyone, I have been searching the web and Im finding contradictory information. I'm Platinum/Emerald QF on QF flight number but Emirates aircraft, flying solo Adelaide~Dubai in June on 777-300ER in Y :-(. I normally select/prefer window seats, but some blogs are mentioning IFE boxes under A and K seats stealing lots of leg room. I know the Y seating in 777 is already squishy and I'd prefer to avoid the extra negative of boxes in the way of my legs. I'm not sure which version 777-300ER EK fly to Adelaide and it may be that different configurations have differing IFE obstructions?? Is there someone out there who has detailed knowledge of the positioning of IFE boxes on these aircraft, plus any chronological differences? Sincere thanks in advance.
Basically the older IFE versions have the boxes while the newest ones don't. I'm not sure at which version they disappear though I suspect it's the non-latest ICE Digital Widescreen (with the charcoal/black frame on the screen and controller with physical buttons vs the latest with the silver frame). The oldest IFE which is the non-digital widescreen in the smaller 4:3 aspect ratio definitely has the boxes. EK doesn't fly just one generation of aircraft to a certain city except for very specific circumstances (i.e. newest F to GVA), so it's pretty much impossible to predict. You can squeeze one leg down the side between the seat ahead and the wall of the cabin and the other to the left of the box. Ironically the middle seat is unobstructed.

If you look on FlightRadar for the last weeks' registrations and then go into the EK Fleet Guide here on FT (search google for "site:flyertalk.com A6-XXX" where XXX is the reg) it'll tell you the ICE version (and also if there's WiFi)
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:44 pm

I have booked Seat 80A, but my investigations show this doesn't have a window.
Can you show the source of your investigations? As stated here, or in reply to your other post, exit door seats tend not to have windows, and the first layout of A380s didn't even have an 80A and 80K as the escape chute in the door protruded too far into the cabin. A re-layout moved all the rows from 80 and up back a bit so seats 80A and 80K now featured and it seems likely that they might have part of a window as kq747 says. All 2 class planes have the newer layout described so you could be in luck.

Without going into too much detail, what are the other conditions apart from anxiety you have that mean you require extra legroom seats? With some knowledge there may be alternative solutions proposed.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:10 pm

Even when there are underseat boxes, they are not on all rows. I have noticed 37 (the exit row) has them, impeding Row 38 foot space, but Row 38 doesn't so Row 39 is fine (H seat). It's a bit of a lottery unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.