Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Carl380
. . . so the plan is to book the isle and the window hoping no one will get the middle seat . . . .
Don't. It's been discussed here on flyertalk a few times and is bad form.

maybe we’ll do 2 aisle seats since both of us hate sitting in the middle seat plus it’s a 15hr flight.
Good choice.

I heard there’s a window seat with extra legroom but not sure if that’s on a 777 or A380?
On the older A380s, 68A, 68K, 81A and 81K all fall into this category, on the later ones it's only 81A & K, however these are now classified as Emergency Exits so you have to pay. This wasn't always the case and they were a great option when they were available in advance and free.
Carl380 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:24 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ft101
Don't. It's been discussed here on flyertalk a few times and is bad form.

Why would that be bad form? I like a window seat and Mrs t prefers aisle. We usually fly J, but when we are in Y we book a window and an aisle seat. Of course a bonus if the middle seat stays empty but if there is someone in between us, that’s just how it is. We of course don’t hold conversations across him / her apart from asking how the food was etc.
Carl380 and Global Adventurer like this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Why would that be bad form? I like a window seat and Mrs t prefers aisle. We usually fly J, but when we are in Y we book a window and an aisle seat. Of course a bonus if the middle seat stays empty but if there is someone in between us, that’s just how it is. We of course don’t hold conversations across him / her apart from asking how the food was etc.
That's OK, it's when passengers book these with the intention of one swapping with anyone that ends up in the middle that is bad form.

Admittedly, Carl380 did not say he'd be doing that.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 7:51 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by ft101
That's OK, it's when passengers book these with the intention of one swapping with anyone that ends up in the middle that is bad form.

Admittedly, Carl380 did not say he'd be doing that.
To be honest, if I were the middle seat passenger being offered a window or aisle seat, I’m sure I would be delighted! The number of people actually preferring a middle seat must be exceptionally small.
So really, I don’t understand the reason for the ‘bad form’
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: Skywards Gold

To be honest, if I were the middle seat passenger being offered a window or aisle seat, I’m sure I would be delighted! The number of people actually preferring a middle seat must be exceptionally small.
i guess it forces someone to have to choose a middle seat even though they don't want one and then feel bad in anticipation of the middle seat flight so it causes unnecessary "harm". While I do get that point in broad terms I think it's not a big deal and I'm not bothered by the occasional couple that does this. I specifically choose windows where the aisle but not middle are chosen so in a way I'm doing the same
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:34 am

I'm reserving my seat for a flight and there are only 10 middles available so I choose one at random. If a couple had reserved aisle and window, hoping to have an empty between them but going to offer a swap if someone takes the middle, the odds are against me choosing them so I'll be stuck in a middle unnecessarily.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, QRPC Gold
I'm traveling on EK181 from Dubai to Brussels and I at this point there are two available window seat choices.

11K - it is in the main cabin but is the last row with the risk of the bassinet seats in Econ right behind
7A is in the mini-cabin - according to this wiki, it's missing a window. However I was checking Seatguru and it shows two 77W variants - in one of them 7A has a window while in the other it doesn't, Also, I don't know how accurate it is but the 3D preview on the EK site shows that there is a window.

From your experiences, are there any variants of the 77W with a window at sea 7A? If the possibility exists, I don't mind taking a chance.

Ro
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by RohanDXB
I'm traveling on EK181 from Dubai to Brussels and I at this point there are two available window seat choices.

11K - it is in the main cabin but is the last row with the risk of the bassinet seats in Econ right behind
7A is in the mini-cabin - according to this wiki, it's missing a window. However I was checking Seatguru and it shows two 77W variants - in one of them 7A has a window while in the other it doesn't, Also, I don't know how accurate it is but the 3D preview on the EK site shows that there is a window.

From your experiences, are there any variants of the 77W with a window at sea 7A? If the possibility exists, I don't mind taking a chance.

Ro
Don't worry - 7A/K do have a window, you'll just have to lean back a bit (or recline) to look out of it. The forward J cabin is definitely a lot more private and quiet, and has far less foot traffic e.g. you can usually sit down and relax after boarding without the whole of Y pax passing by your seat.
kq747 and Carl380 like this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Agree 100% with XXTSGR
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:33 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by kq747
Agree 100% with XXTSGR
Absolutely! 7A/K are probably the best J seats on the 77W (you have to lean forward a bit to look out of the window). Apart from 6A/K which are often blocked for bassinets.
Currently in the DXB B lounge, waiting for my flight to CPT in 6K
Old Sep 4, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, QRPC Gold
Thanks for all the responses everyone! I did end up selecting 7A before OLCI opened but but when it did 6K was also available so I took it.

Ro
Old Sep 4, 2019, 5:56 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by RohanDXB
Thanks for all the responses everyone! I did end up selecting 7A before OLCI opened but but when it did 6K was also available so I took it.

Ro
Good choice!
Old Sep 26, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
I will be flying on Emirates for the first time and I have 4 segments in J. I am currently booked in seats 9A, 10A and 11A on the various flights. No other window seats are open.

Based on the discussion above, it sounds like most people would prefer 6 A/K over any of my current seats if either become available at T48?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 12:05 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by Whowouldanewman
I will be flying on Emirates for the first time and I have 4 segments in J. I am currently booked in seats 9A, 10A and 11A on the various flights. No other window seats are open.

Based on the discussion above, it sounds like most people would prefer 6 A/K over any of my current seats if either become available at T48?
Yes, I would prefer row 6, but the seats you currently have are perfectly ok, so no need to lie awake about it.
If I were you I would start checking a bit before OLCI, say at T-72 or even a bit earlier. Best done via the app. In my experience they have sometimes released those seats a bit earlier than T-48
Old Sep 27, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
Yes, I would prefer row 6, but the seats you currently have are perfectly ok, so no need to lie awake about it.
If I were you I would start checking a bit before OLCI, say at T-72 or even a bit earlier. Best done via the app. In my experience they have sometimes released those seats a bit earlier than T-48
Thank you! That is very helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.