Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:06 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by jackiedada
Never ventured so far back on a 777 as I want to be the first to 'get off and out' of the cramped 3-4-3 config. Almost always in the first mini-cabin.
Isn't that called "F" ?
ukdoctor likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by m3red
I’m glad the forum cheapskates have contributed 👍🏻

well you know "cheapskates" so subsidize your Biz or FC seat. just saying !!
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by edgewood49
well you know "cheapskates" so subsidize your Biz or FC seat. just saying !!
I believe it was a nod to this thread, and as one of the cheapskates I'm not offended

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1902169-how-reach-gold-cheapskates.html
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I believe it was a nod to this thread, and as one of the cheapskates I'm not offended

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emir...eapskates.html
Got it, post withdrawn ! There are some snarky post going around.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:26 am

Best economy seats on London to Dubai

I'm going to be doing a lot more flying on this route in the future and some of it will be in Y, sadly. What are the best seats for a tall and fairly large person in Y on either the A380s or the 777s? I've heard mixed reviews of some of the exit row seats.

I will mainly try to do daytime flights so that I don't have to attempt sleeping but I will inevitably end up on overnights from time to time.

I'm Gold on Skywards, in case that makes any difference to seat availability etc.

Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:43 am

The twin seats on the 77W are quite decent, as well as the twins on the upper deck of the 2-class A380, don't think either flies to LHR, there might be on some flights from LGW. This is in terms of seats other than the exit rows that might offer some better leg room, beyond that it's pretty much all the same, I'd rather monitor the seat map closely (including up to hours before departure) and move around in order to keep an empty seat next to you if possible
thijsseh likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
If you are not fat/wide then 68a is always a good seat on the a380. Its an exit row seat but its a second row seat with a missing seat in front of it. This give you a window, which at night is ideal for leaning against and you also have direct aisle access. Your leg room doesn't get impeded when people walk to the exit to stretch their legs.
Bossarb likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:02 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Other than the STN flight, all other London flights are A380. There is at least one 2-class from LGW. All LHR are 3 class.

The A380 is quite comfortable in Y.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Seat guidance please?

Hello. My first time in EK J coming up in a few weeks, GLA - KUL and then NRT-GLA a couple of weeks later. Travelling with my brother.

On the NRT-DXB leg, seat map looks like the attached photo (apologies for the formatting, doing this from my phone).

23A/K are available. I’ve read up on the pros/cons. I think I’m happy with the seats we’ve chosen - A column and close to the front so less traffic and earlier service.

Would be grateful if someone could remind me what I’d be missing by passing on the famous 23A/K? Privacy? Space? Benefits seem marginal against the more forward seats?

Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: BA Blue
On a related note...

... and apologies for the double post, but another query. The A380 seat map looks different for the DXB-KUL leg than the image above.

Some questions - what does the smaller J cabin signify? Is this an older plane or just a different config? Same product as other A380’s?

our parents are travelling in 12EF for this leg. Have I chosen the best seats for us all? Would the rear cabin better? Had avoided this due to noise concerns from the bar.

Any and all advice is most gratefully received, thanks! :-)
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:48 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Whilst many do prefer the 23A/K "private" seat, I personally do not and always book a seat in the fwd cabin. You can't go wrong with any A/K seat except the bulkhead (row 6). If you would like to sit next to your brother then your only choice is E/F.

The KUL flight is a 2-class as opposed to a 3-class for NRT with lesser seats and sharing the upper deck with economy hence why the configuration is different. This is actually an advantage as you are most certainly guaranteed newer frames.
Teefaf and nmc980 like this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:43 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
If you sit in the forward cabin after row 14 in the A380 J you will always have to wait a bit longer for service as the cabin is done in 3 'service lots'. This isn't a problem in the rear cabin because you can't see others being served, but if you're in Row 15 it can get tedious waiting on your drinks to arrive.
Teefaf likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:17 am

23A or 23K for me. Behind a bulkhead so extremely private, window seats so the drinks unit etc between you and the aisle, extra legroom, far enough away from the bar so there's no real noise but close enough to be in the bar and still see the meal service coming.
Teefaf likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:28 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ft101
23A or 23K for me. Behind a bulkhead so extremely private, window seats so the drinks unit etc between you and the aisle, extra legroom, far enough away from the bar so there's no real noise but close enough to be in the bar and still see the meal service coming.
100% agree on all counts!
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I'm a 23 A / K fan too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.