Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
On a flight yesterday I sat in 23k as it was the only A/K seat available when I booked. It confirmed exactly what I thought from walking passed this seat countless times - completely overrated in my opinion.

This was the first time I have ever sat in the rear cabin and I may have been unlucky but I was surrounded by lots of people who spent the whole flight passing wind and it felt like this lingered in this area. Also the magazine rack above your seat is annoying when people keep coming over to it and look at you every time.

First and last time for me, id rather sit anywhere in the front cabin over this seat or any of the rear section in the future.

Last edited by Will08; Oct 15, 2019 at 2:40 pm Reason: compliance
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:39 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Will08
On a flight yesterday I sat in 23k as it was the only A/K seat available when I booked. It confirmed exactly what I thought from walking passed this seat countless times - completely overrated in my opinion.

This was the first time I have ever sat in the rear cabin and I may have been unlucky but I was surrounded by lots of people who spent the whole flight passing wind and it felt like this lingered in this area. Also the magazine rack above your seat is annoying when people keep coming over to it and look at you every time.

First and last time for me, id rather sit anywhere in the front cabin over this seat or any of the rear section in the future.
Well, I would be surprised if statistically there are more "people who spent the whole flight passing wind" than elsewhere on the upper deck, but you never know. The flight is not long enough, but I guess passing wind and bar attendance may be related...
Yes, the magazine rack is there, but I have hardly ever noticed anyone coming over there to get a magazine. I must admit though that there once was a magazine there with a face on the cover with looked like it was staring at me. After a while I changed the front magazine for a different one. Problem solved.

Each to his / her own. Gives others a slightly better chance to get 23A/K. ^

Last edited by Saltire74; Oct 15, 2019 at 9:00 pm Reason: Removal of part of quote to be compliant and edit of post to make sense
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Will08

Ha ha, the magazine rack is a new one. At least there wasn't enough bar noise, passing traffic or disturbing distorted reflection from the flower holder at 23G to garner a mention. I'm not sure the farter concentration would pass scientific examination either as the bulkhead is surely keeping as much out as it keeps in.

Good to hear the other view though, but I'll stick with 23K at the top of my league table.

Last edited by Saltire74; Oct 15, 2019 at 9:01 pm Reason: Edit of post quote following compliance
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:13 am

I just felt the confined space of the rear cabin meant the smell was rather 'stale' for longer. Likewise, I am happy there are so many 23 A/K fans as there should be more seats free in the front cabin!
Tanzguy likes this.

Last edited by Will08; Oct 15, 2019 at 2:45 pm Reason: compliance
Old Oct 27, 2019, 9:55 am

Upcoming flight switched from 2-class 77W to 3-class.

Was assigned on seat 5A previously, but it automatically put me on 7A after the switch. Everyone says row 7 has a misaligned window on the 3-class 77Ws, so what row would you guys suggest for good wing / engine view?

I know that row 5 has a good view in 2-class config, but the last time I flew a 3-class 77W was many years ago and it was a night flight, so I don't remember.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:04 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by murtaza12
Upcoming flight switched from 2-class 77W to 3-class.

Was assigned on seat 5A previously, but it automatically put me on 7A after the switch. Everyone says row 7 has a misaligned window on the 3-class 77Ws, so what row would you guys suggest for good wing / engine view?

I know that row 5 has a good view in 2-class config, but the last time I flew a 3-class 77W was many years ago and it was a night flight, so I don't remember.
Hmm, 5A on a 2 class is quite far forward. To see wing / engine from there you need to look quite far back. The closest alternative would be row 6 on a 3 class, but 6A/K are often blocked (bassinet seats) until T-48 or a bit earlier. I however have managed a few times to snag 6A or K much earlier, recently even for a flight in September next year! So it’s worth trying.
Otherwise apart from row 11 (also a missing window), you should get engine / wing views from all A/K seats. I avoid row 8 as it is close to the toilets and can be a bit noisy when people are waiting there.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Hmm, 5A on a 2 class is quite far forward. To see wing / engine from there you need to look quite far back. The closest alternative would be row 6 on a 3 class, but 6A/K are often blocked (bassinet seats) until T-48 or a bit earlier. I however have managed a few times to snag 6A or K much earlier, recently even for a flight in September next year! So it’s worth trying.
Otherwise apart from row 11 (also a missing window), you should get engine / wing views from all A/K seats. I avoid row 8 as it is close to the toilets and can be a bit noisy when people are waiting there.
Thanks for the quick reply.
I flew in to DXB on 5A and while it required a fair bit of stretching to see the engine, the wing was visible.

Just changed it to 10A since that was available.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
A380 business class seats - does anyone know which seats provide the most bed length? Is 23 A/K good better than the normal window seats for bed length?
Old Nov 1, 2019, 1:00 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by cooleddie
A380 business class seats - does anyone know which seats provide the most bed length? Is 23 A/K good better than the normal window seats for bed length?
As a '23 A/K fan', I have sat in those seats many times, but have not noticed any difference from other A/K (or E/F) seats. But I have not really 'investigated' it either. (you probably know that window (A/K) and middle (E/F) seats have more legroom than the aisle (B/D/G/J) seats.)
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: QF WP
Appreciate this is FT but are there really no recommendations for any Y seats that are above average? I’m potentially looking at a bunch of last minute travel to Europe including in awkward time periods such as Christmas so it’ll most likely be Y. Although booking through qantas doesn’t seem to let me select seats so...
Old Nov 1, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by nancypants
Appreciate this is FT but are there really no recommendations for any Y seats that are above average? I’m potentially looking at a bunch of last minute travel to Europe including in awkward time periods such as Christmas so it’ll most likely be Y. Although booking through qantas doesn’t seem to let me select seats so...
you generally have to pay for the better ones. On the 77W I like to sit in the forward cabin, row 19 usually, although when flights aren't 100% full it's worth monitoring the seat map in the app and changing around, you can get an empty seat next to you with pretty good certainty in many cases this way. Same on the A380, but my default seat choice there is the 2nd cabin, as the lights and movement from the forward lavatories annoy me. Generally mid-cabin so you're not too close to lavatories, galleys and babies
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:45 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
you generally have to pay for the better ones. On the 77W I like to sit in the forward cabin, row 19 usually, although when flights aren't 100% full it's worth monitoring the seat map in the app and changing around, you can get an empty seat next to you with pretty good certainty in many cases this way. Same on the A380, but my default seat choice there is the 2nd cabin, as the lights and movement from the forward lavatories annoy me. Generally mid-cabin so you're not too close to lavatories, galleys and babies

And to add that when you are on a Flex (or Flex+) fare, seat selection for 'standard' seats is free when booking.
On the A380, the seats in the 2nd cabin that skywardhunter is referring to are 'standard' seats. His favourite on the 77W (19K) is only free at booking if you are EK Gold (or Plat).
At check in (with EK that is T-48 hours), all remaining seats (with exception of the 'extra legroom seats') can be selected free of charge. On the 77W there are 'twin seats' at the back which are quite popular for couples (just in case Mr pants is travelling with you). Twin seats are also available on the upper deck of the 2 class A380. If you manage to grab a window seat there, you have these nice big storage bins right next to you.
skywardhunter and nancypants like this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: QF WP
And to add that when you are on a Flex (or Flex+) fare, seat selection for 'standard' seats is free when booking.
On the A380, the seats in the 2nd cabin that skywardhunter is referring to are 'standard' seats. His favourite on the 77W (19K) is only free at booking if you are EK Gold (or Plat).
At check in (with EK that is T-48 hours), all remaining seats (with exception of the 'extra legroom seats') can be selected free of charge. On the 77W there are 'twin seats' at the back which are quite popular for couples (just in case Mr pants is travelling with you). Twin seats are also available on the upper deck of the 2 class A380. If you manage to grab a window seat there, you have these nice big storage bins right next to you.
if pants is travelling with me I won’t be sitting next to him, I like a break from his grizzling from time to time 😉
thijsseh and BadoRas like this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:26 am

A further add for 2 class a380s... upstairs is divided into two for Y. The second section (the rearwards one) has priority for disembarking whereas the front section will be held until J passengers get off. Could be important if connections are tight and there is shopping to be done or to clear customs at your end destination. However, I would be reluctant to believe the comments that liken upstairs to premium economy, this would set the bar a little high.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:09 am

Flying A380 J for the first time in a few months, just got tickets today.

Need some advice.

I'll be travelling alone, what seat do I select for a decent wing / engine view?

My mother and younger sister will be travelling a few days after me, what seats do I select for them so that they can sit together?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.