Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Saltire74
I personally have never noticed any excess noise sitting in 23A/K and would choose with of these seats over any other in J on the A380 (3 class).

S
Originally Posted by kmd0506
Another vote for 23A/K. In fact my husband and I will often take these two seats on overnight flights instead of the "couples" seat in the middle.
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Row 23 is fine w.r.t. 'lounge noise', we have used 23E/F several times. Remember that row 23 is 3 rows away from the bar and on a 380 that is quite a distance.
I was in 26 two weeks ago and that was not good! I think 26B must be the worst J seat on the 380.
Thank you all, have selected 23K.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by eminere
Thank you all, have selected 23K.
Just flew DXB-LAX in 23K.

The seat was nice. There was a little bit of noise coming from the bar, but not irritatingly so. Meals were very slow as they do front to back.

The engine noise was more noticeable than up front though. Given the choice of something more forward, I would probably go with the forward option next time.
eminere likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by stargold
Just flew DXB-LAX in 23K.

The seat was nice. There was a little bit of noise coming from the bar, but not irritatingly so. Meals were very slow as they do front to back.

The engine noise was more noticeable than up front though. Given the choice of something more forward, I would probably go with the forward option next time.
Ok I have to ask this we are flying 380 biz to Dubai next month any thoughts on the "forward" biz cabin? Thanks
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Ok I have to ask this we are flying 380 biz to Dubai next month any thoughts on the "forward" biz cabin? Thanks
The forward cabin is very large so it doesn't have a very exclusive feel, but it will definitely be quieter.

People seem to discount 7A/K (which are the other set of bulkhead seats with the bigger leg space) for not having privacy, but given that only flight attendants will be walking past you, I don't think it's really a big deal. I would try that next time if it was available, but any window as far forward as possible would be fine.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards, SAS, Krisflyer, Royal Orchid Plus
Question regarding y on the 380 in a 2 class configuration; I have an upcoming flight on EK152 CPH-DXB, and according to Seatguru row 41 has no windows... Is this true?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: EK Gold, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold
Lie-flat vs Flat-bed on Emirates A380

Does anyone know if Emirates use lie-flat or flat-beds on their A380s in business? What have peoples experience and opinion of the seat been in business on the A380?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:14 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
The J seat on the EK A380 is a 'proper' flat bed, i.e. it folds down to 180 degrees horizontal. I find it quite comfortable, especially as the staff will offer to put a mattress pad on the seat for you when you put it in the 'sleep' position. The part where the feet go is maybe a bit narrow, but I certainly don't find it a problem.
If you are by yourself, the A and K seats are preferable, they have a bit more legroom than the B and J seats. For couples, E and F are ideal. All seats have direct aisle access.
jetsetter86 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:05 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
A very comfortable experience and one of the very few J class seats that I have consistently managed to get a few hours sleep in.

S
Old Dec 8, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
It's nice. Would recommend the mattress pad, and would not recommend rows 22-26 (the smaller section right in front of the bar/lounge) if you are planning on sleeping.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
You can find extra mattresses in the center bins above row 14... two are even better than one!
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by pokeable
It's nice. Would recommend the mattress pad, and would not recommend rows 22-26 (the smaller section right in front of the bar/lounge) if you are planning on sleeping.
23a/k is the best j seat for solo travellers
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by m3red
23a/k is the best j seat for solo travellers
Ssssh .......Don’t tell everyone.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Seat54
Ssssh .......Don’t tell everyone.
Do tell, keep them all away from "my" 7A/K...
Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: Qf Platinum
23 a/k for me as well
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: EK Gold, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
The J seat on the EK A380 is a 'proper' flat bed, i.e. it folds down to 180 degrees horizontal. I find it quite comfortable, especially as the staff will offer to put a mattress pad on the seat for you when you put it in the 'sleep' position. The part where the feet go is maybe a bit narrow, but I certainly don't find it a problem.
If you are by yourself, the A and K seats are preferable, they have a bit more legroom than the B and J seats. For couples, E and F are ideal. All seats have direct aisle access.

That's an interesting comment. I've had 2 experiences now where I was on an older A380 with a slanted seat. Any way to check which ones have the full flat vs slanty?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.