Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:38 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Globex
Thanks! So, on a follow-up flight from NBO-DXB, I'm in 9J/9K. Would you move to 7J/7K instead? Sounds like yes...

I can't seem to choose the aisle seats in row 6 because the aisle seat has the bassinet symbol and I can't click on it on the Emirates site/app.
Yes, I would certainly prefer row 7 over row 9. Row 7 is in the small (2 row) front cabin and it gives a 'quieter' feel. Having said that, row 9 is not terrible (I would avoid row 8 as people tend to bump into it on their way to the toilets).
Row 6 is usually (partly) blocked because of the bassinet positions. If you are keen to get it, try via the app from about 3 days out. At some stage (not always the same moment in my experience), it suddenly gets released (assuming there is no need for bassinets).
Globex likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:53 am

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Yes, I would certainly prefer row 7 over row 9. Row 7 is in the small (2 row) front cabin and it gives a 'quieter' feel. Having said that, row 9 is not terrible (I would avoid row 8 as people tend to bump into it on their way to the toilets).
Row 6 is usually (partly) blocked because of the bassinet positions. If you are keen to get it, try via the app from about 3 days out. At some stage (not always the same moment in my experience), it suddenly gets released (assuming there is no need for bassinets).
Thank you! One more question.. on the A380, are there any preferred E/F seats in the J cabin? I'm have us in 9E/9F today trying to compromise between being farther from the noise of the bar vs also somewhat away from the front if there are any noise from the front galleys/washrooms.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:37 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by Globex
Thank you! One more question.. on the A380, are there any preferred E/F seats in the J cabin? I'm have us in 9E/9F today trying to compromise between being farther from the noise of the bar vs also somewhat away from the front if there are any noise from the front galleys/washrooms.
9 E/F are fine. The galley and single washroom to the front of the J cabin are actually part of F, so no traffic there.
And the J cabin is VERY long, even a few rows from the back you won’t notice the bar. They start service from row 7 and (IIRC) 16, so 9 is good for quick service. Also you’ll be off the plane quickly. Mrs t and I are in 9E/F tomorrow evening ex LGW. For a day flight we like to be in 23E/F, short walk to the bar but far enough to avoid too much disturbance. But for us row 9-14 is preferred for a night flight.
Globex likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Just had a EK flight and was on Y on the 2 class 380.

Thought I'll get seats in the forward section of the Y lower deck.

The seats are fine but the first few rows have very limited overhead luggage storage space.

So if you really want to keep your carry on on the space above your seat on the 2 class A380 in Y , I would suggest you avoid rows 41 to 44 on the 2 class 380 in Y .

There is space for a rucksack/soft luggage etc but a standard hard shell carry on would be a struggle to fit in till around row 43 or 44 depending on the size.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 7:52 pm

i'm flying a 777 (BNE - DXB) than onto an A380 (DXB - LHR) in a few months in economy and i'm thinking of paying for preferred seat - on the 777 i'm thinking rows 17 to 21 (in the little front cabin) and on the A380 i'm thinking row 41 (2nd row of ecconomy). is there any downside to this?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:27 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by Tejas
i'm flying a 777 (BNE - DXB) than onto an A380 (DXB - LHR) in a few months in economy and i'm thinking of paying for preferred seat - on the 777 i'm thinking rows 17 to 21 (in the little front cabin) and on the A380 i'm thinking row 41 (2nd row of ecconomy). is there any downside to this?
Some people don’t really like the front Y cabin on the 380 because of the traffic to the toilets in front and the light that comes from these toilets when the doors are opened during night flights.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:27 pm

We just flew on the A380 in J. Seats were 11F and 11E. We liked the location, it was far enough back from the galley.
Silverswimmer likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Some people don’t really like the front Y cabin on the 380 because of the traffic to the toilets in front and the light that comes from these toilets when the doors are opened during night flights.
Correct. But on day flights the front Y cabin is quite nice and open if you are sitting in the first 3 or 4 rows. The central row of seats is taken over by the stairs to the upper deck.

The only issue as I mentioned in the earlier post is if you have a hard shell case. The storage space is small for the first row (exit) and progressively increases as you go backwards.

It only gets to 'normal' sizes by the 4th row from memory.
Small rucksacks/soft luggage are fine but a standard EK max size cabin bag will not fit in the first 2 rows
Old Mar 1, 2020, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Correct. But on day flights the front Y cabin is quite nice and open if you are sitting in the first 3 or 4 rows. The central row of seats is taken over by the stairs to the upper deck.

The only issue as I mentioned in the earlier post is if you have a hard shell case. The storage space is small for the first row (exit) and progressively increases as you go backwards.

It only gets to 'normal' sizes by the 4th row from memory.
Small rucksacks/soft luggage are fine but a standard EK max size cabin bag will not fit in the first 2 rows
I'm in one of these aisle seats in a few weeks and it's not the size of the storage that irks me, it's the fact there's none in the middle due to the staircase. I always want to put my bag in the rack across the aisle from my seat so I can keep an eye on it, which can't be done there.
ukdoctor likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I'm in one of these aisle seats in a few weeks and it's not the size of the storage that irks me, it's the fact there's none in the middle due to the staircase. I always want to put my bag in the rack across the aisle from my seat so I can keep an eye on it, which can't be done there.
Yes.. that's the issue. But if 3 of you are travelling together you get some privacy as there is no row of seats in the middle.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 11:59 pm

When the world settles down I’m planning to fly alone in Y class on 777 then A380 all EK. What seat would you recommend that has a view not too obstructed by the wings?
Old Jul 18, 2020, 11:32 am

Emirates EK 222 seat layout

Does anyone know if business class seats on EK 222 is flat bed or angled? Where can one confirm this?
Old Jul 18, 2020, 12:08 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by AH111
Does anyone know if business class seats on EK 222 is flat bed or angled? Where can one confirm this?
It depends on the date. There aren't many of the flat-bed B777s, so it's probably not possible to know in advance which plane will be used. Especially at the moment, when there is a much reduced service.

Saying that, the angle is very slight anyway. With a nose up attitude, I don't notice the slope - it's by no means a wedgie seat that used to be prevalent.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
It depends on the date. There aren't many of the flat-bed B777s, so it's probably not possible to know in advance which plane will be used. Especially at the moment, when there is a much reduced service.

Saying that, the angle is very slight anyway. With a nose up attitude, I don't notice the slope - it's by no means a wedgie seat that used to be prevalent.
Thanks appreciate the details. Surprised even in today’s time they use angled for such a long journey. Assuming Seattle has same seats?
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:45 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Whats the consensus on the best seat for a solo traveler in 777 new F? I've only flown the new F once before a couple of years ago FRA-DXB daytime flight. Had 1E originally for the novelty, but switched to 1K so a couple could sit together in 1A and 1E. Wasn't the biggest fan of 1K as I thought the gally was too close.

I do remember the center seats being more spacious, but I'm torn on which is better for JFK-DXB-JFK.
On the outbound only 1A, 1E, 2E, and 2K are left.
For the return I have my choice as the entire cabin is currently empty except me.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.