Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2022, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Will08
Agreeing on the a380 doesn't detract from the rest on the nonsense you put.

What have priorities got to do with anything? Whether the person next to you is a colleague or someone you don't know is irrelevant. If they want to sleep they don't want to be woken up by someone clambering over them or asking them to move. Luckily for me, i'm athletic and can support my own body weight and I have previously stated I can climb over people however, the guy with the belly overhang you often see in J can't do that. (See a lot of these on flights to BKK)...

Oh and you are wrong again, I pay for all of my own flights, obviously the Pattaya stereotype hit a nerve...
Hit a nerve? I doubt if you could hit a barn door with a banjo, but keep it up as it amuses the readers.

Are more than half the seats aisle seats? Yes.

Do the seats angle further the more you fly in them? No.

Are people travelling with a companion likely to be more tolerant of any disturbance. Yes, even your mate with the belly overhang.

We get you don't like them and like to bang on about it, but plenty find them acceptable despite there being better options available on EK and others.
IntrepidAfrican2 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ft101
Hit a nerve? I doubt if you could hit a barn door with a banjo, but keep it up as it amuses the readers.

Are more than half the seats aisle seats? Yes.

Do the seats angle further the more you fly in them? No.

Are people travelling with a companion likely to be more tolerant of any disturbance. Yes, even your mate with the belly overhang.

We get you don't like them and like to bang on about it, but plenty find them acceptable despite there being better options available on EK and others.
I have provided reasons as to why the product is inferior and anyone who has not used the product before can read between the lines of my reasoning and your opinion. Another one to add is how uncomfortable the footrest is. If you are taller than around 5. 9" you cannot lay angled with your legs straight with the footrest open. If you close the footrest then your legs/feet rest against it which can be uncomfortable.

But well done on regurgitating the same irrelevant information about seats with aisle access.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Will08
I have provided reasons as to why the product is inferior and anyone who has not used the product before can read between the lines of my reasoning and your opinion. Another one to add is how uncomfortable the footrest is. If you are taller than around 5. 9" you cannot lay angled with your legs straight with the footrest open. If you close the footrest then your legs/feet rest against it which can be uncomfortable.

But well done on regurgitating the same irrelevant information about seats with aisle access.
We've agreed it's inferior but your glass half full moaning makes it sound bad whereas I'm pointing out it is not so bad - glass half full - and would be occupants deserve both sides of the story.

And it was slightly different information actually as I got it wrong the first time even if you didn't notice. Are you sure you've used it?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I am on booked on Emirates DXB-COK and the business class seat map for the 777-200LR looks nothing like any other seat map I've seen for a 777 -- it's starts at row 1 (so that's fine, that's a 2 class plane) BUT there are only six seats in each row (AB,EF,JK). What happened to 'D' on this plane? Are there actually 2-2-2 Biz Class on 777 on Emirates?

My return COK-DXB is a 777-300ER, which has a seat map I'd expect (starts at 6, so its a 3 class plane, and there are seats AB/DEF/JK).

My colleague and I went ahead and specifically booked the A380 for our longer flights, which is a bit more difficult with the limited flights to USA (ie JFK only, I believe?). Due to other seats taken, we're in the mini cabin one time, and the main cabin the other time, so we'll see how that pans out.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:48 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by pitflyer
I am on booked on Emirates DXB-COK and the business class seat map for the 777-200LR looks nothing like any other seat map I've seen for a 777 -- it's starts at row 1 (so that's fine, that's a 2 class plane) BUT there are only six seats in each row (AB,EF,JK). What happened to 'D' on this plane? Are there actually 2-2-2 Biz Class on 777 on Emirates?
All the 200LRs have 6 seats across in J (and flat bed). They were refurbished a few years back.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 6:58 am
wsc

Ok so did EK J A380 first time, loved it, couple + baby so did the middle seats Row 7 & 9.

Only (small) issue was pretty much all front cabin J customers using the F toilets in front of row 7, opening up the curtain to do it. I was hoping for flyers not walking up and down past my seat. Is this normal?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:37 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by wsc
Ok so did EK J A380 first time, loved it, couple + baby so did the middle seats Row 7 & 9.

Only (small) issue was pretty much all front cabin J customers using the F toilets in front of row 7, opening up the curtain to do it. I was hoping for flyers not walking up and down past my seat. Is this normal?
No, a good F crew will lock that F toilet and proactively open it only for F passengers who approach it.
wsc likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:26 pm

Programs: Skywards
^
Maybe F was empty? Otherwise this upward cabin moving is usually not allowed.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
No, a good F crew will lock that F toilet and proactively open it only for F passengers who approach it.
I got caught on my last flight. I was actually in F, and went for a drink at the bar. On my return, the curtain dragon shooed me away when I tried to get through to F (by the toilet). DYKWIA????
thijsseh, wsc and jonzboy like this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:38 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I got caught on my last flight. I was actually in F, and went for a drink at the bar. On my return, the curtain dragon shooed me away when I tried to get through to F (by the toilet). DYKWIA????
She obviously DNNWYA
Pandor likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 5:00 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Hi all, I'm concerned about the seat maps. On Seatguru, it shows the 777-300ER 3 class as having 1-2-1 in First.

But on Emirates, it shows it has 2-2-2.

Who's correct?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by GodAtum
Hi all, I'm concerned about the seat maps. On Seatguru, it shows the 777-300ER 3 class as having 1-2-1 in First.

Who's correct?
Good find. That seating chart is wrong on the Emirates site. It's definitely 1-2-1.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:47 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by GodAtum

Who's correct?
As far as F is concerned, there are 2 versions of 77W on EK.
The vast majority are 1-2-1
The newest (and last) 9 airframes (A6-EQH to EQP) have only 6 instead of 8 F seats. On the seat map it may look like the middle suites are next to one another, but they are not, they are behind one another. One is accessed from the left aisle, one from the right aisle. All F seats on this frames are fully enclosed 'game changer ' suites.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
As far as F is concerned, there are 2 versions of 77W on EK.
The vast majority are 1-2-1
The newest (and last) 9 airframes (A6-EQH to EQP) have only 6 instead of 8 F seats. On the seat map it may look like the middle suites are next to one another, but they are not, they are behind one another. One is accessed from the left aisle, one from the right aisle. All F seats on this frames are fully enclosed 'game changer ' suites.
The seat map shows 12 seats in F
Old Mar 30, 2022, 11:56 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The seat map shows 12 seats in F
Oh dear, it does indeed!
I was on one in seat 2A only 6 days ago. It was a window seat and I did not have to climb over anyone to get to the aisle (calling Will08). Either too much Dom or they reconfigured the entire fleet in the last week….
Someone better tell them………

(by the way, the 772 seat map is also wrong, as far as I am aware these are now all 2-2-2 in business, seat map shows 2-3-2, bit of a mess if you ask me)

Last edited by thijsseh; Mar 30, 2022 at 12:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.