Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2020, 5:23 am

Programs: Skywards
I presume printed copy is fine (people on the forum have said so), logic says how can a lab process your test (approx 24h) then post out a lab printed result (24h+?) as the timeframe to present it at check in is so short.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:07 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by suley
I'm supprised Spain, France are also missing yet Greece is on there. Makes you wonder what the logic is behind this or will this be one of them flip flop decisions
Most likely UAE/DXB/EK realized they need transit passengers and also that in the meantime QR, TK, LH started eating their cheese. I recall when the test comedy started a few weeks ago, someone on this forum correctly predicted it will not last for too long...
Old Oct 8, 2020, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by suley
I'm supprised Spain, France are also missing yet Greece is on there. Makes you wonder what the logic is behind this or will this be one of them flip flop decisions
Frankly the logic seems to be pure racism and these lists are offensive. Lots of places in Africa have low case counts. But to include them on the mandatory list while excusing european countriies is nothing but deference to bigoted ideas of some countries being more dirty than others.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 8:45 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Frankly the logic seems to be pure racism and these lists are offensive. Lots of places in Africa have low case counts. But to include them on the mandatory list while excusing european countriies is nothing but deference to bigoted ideas of some countries being more dirty than others.
not really. If you test less than other countries, you get lower counts. Nothing to do with racism. Stop looking for racism when there is none.
DYKWIA, mjmal51, thijsseh and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by nomiiiii

If ever a comment should be deleted on this forum this is it. This kind of comment should be kept for the BBC website not on here, embarrassing.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
Most likely UAE/DXB/EK realized they need transit passengers and also that in the meantime QR, TK, LH started eating their cheese. I recall when the test comedy started a few weeks ago, someone on this forum correctly predicted it will not last for too long...
I think this WSJ article says it well https://www.wsj.com/articles/long-bu...es-11601826757 Trying to keep itself safe it has not avoided a second wave and the world continues to fly in drips and drabs. The UAE was hoping it would make a covid safe place to visit and maybe get a travel bridge with Europe but it was not to be. Now I think EK may be saying to UAE you need to give me another cash injection as your hurting us
Old Oct 11, 2020, 7:27 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Another maybe silly question, but has anyone had issues with their negative test results saying, "not detected" instead of "negative" ?
The lab I am planning to go to puts "not detected" on the negative test certificate. Hoping this won't be an issue for boarding and also on arrival in Dubai?
Old Oct 11, 2020, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by S.R
Another maybe silly question, but has anyone had issues with their negative test results saying, "not detected" instead of "negative" ?
The lab I am planning to go to puts "not detected" on the negative test certificate. Hoping this won't be an issue for boarding and also on arrival in Dubai?
won't be an issue
S.R likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 2:23 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Planning a trip to dubai around Christmas and thinking ahead to how im going to get a pcr test within 96 hours. If im flying out on 29th Dec, most private test labs will be closed from christmas eve on 24th until 29th.
Any suggestions?
Old Oct 12, 2020, 2:39 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
Planning a trip to dubai around Christmas and thinking ahead to how im going to get a pcr test within 96 hours. If im flying out on 29th Dec, most private test labs will be closed from christmas eve on 24th until 29th.
Any suggestions?
Assuming you are leaving from DUB (according to your profile), I suggest you use this website: https://www.tmb.ie and get information from one of the testing laboratories mentioned there. TMB is mentioned on the EK website as the test provider in Ireland.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Assuming you are leaving from DUB (according to your profile), I suggest you use this website: https://www.tmb.ie and get information from one of the testing laboratories mentioned there. TMB is mentioned on the EK website as the test provider in Ireland.
Ive checked with TMB and also the 2 labs in DUB mentioned on PureHealth website, all will close on 23rd and reopen on 29th/30th
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
Ive checked with TMB and also the 2 labs in DUB mentioned on PureHealth website, all will close on 23rd and reopen on 29th/30th
too early to tell either way - inshallah in December there won't be test requirements anymore
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
in December there won't be test requirements anymore
thats exactly what im hoping for
Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:03 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
too early to tell either way - inshallah in December there won't be test requirements anymore
Yes, the issue is that the rules (somewhat understandable) change all the time. I am planning CPT/DXB/LHR on 27/28 December and I'll keep an eye on what tests / quarantines are required.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:03 pm

Any experience on how strict the COVID test timing is for entry into MLE?
I have a trip Nov 17 (Tuesday) leaving JFK for MLE. That would require me taking a test 72 hours before which is a Saturday in order to guarantee results back.
Can I add a ORD or BOS to JFK leg to my trip the day before to kind of make it possible that a Friday covid test is valid? Most places aren't testing on Saturday unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.