Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2020, 9:34 am

Ah right, good to know... does it tend to take a while? I'm assuming there's a queue?
Old Dec 1, 2020, 9:45 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by GTompkins
Ah right, good to know... does it tend to take a while? I'm assuming there's a queue?
I've not done it myself - but from what I've read, it doesn't take too long. Just hope you don't arrive after a packed A380 from LHR
Old Dec 1, 2020, 12:48 pm

I might be on that packed A380 from LHR...
Old Dec 1, 2020, 5:36 pm

I've done it twice, arriving at peak arrival times and no wait. In n out in 5 mins.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 11:48 pm

Hi, did anyone had recent experience with Emirates?
I am asking because of the mask requirement during the flight. We have soon 20 hour flight AKL-KUL-DXB and I can't imagine having standard mask for the whole time.
I am thinking about the mask with exhaust ventil which would help with the heat and moisture build up. Are those fine? I read some US airlines already banned them but heard nothing about Emirates.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
I've done it twice, arriving at peak arrival times and no wait. In n out in 5 mins.
Ah excellent. Thanks for the insight. Flying in a few weeks. Will report back.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 3:55 am

I might be on that packed A380 from LHR...
The vast majority of the people on that packed plane with you will be connecting off to india/pakistan and other places, so even then there won't be any issues entering dubai
Old Dec 12, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SAA Voyager
Flying to Dubai from UK - UK PCR test by Halo

Does anyone know if the PCR test available at Sofitel, Heathrow Terminal 5, can be used for travel to Dubai? I have checked the Emirates website but I'm no clearer.

The certificate you get looks like this

Old Dec 13, 2020, 4:35 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
queue was about 2h long during the last big break we had here in Dubai. Photos circulate on social media. Usual days its 10mins if you have status or fly F or J.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 6:27 am

We arrived on Friday and were through in about 10 minutes. Our flight arrived early, and I think we were one of the first European arrivals.

Stranglely, I haven’t received any results on my phone. And one part of the App still says pending. However, the “Health Card” gives the correct date and “Not Detected”.

My wife received a text, but her app show nothing.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 6:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
queue was about 2h long during the last big break we had here in Dubai. Photos circulate on social media. Usual days its 10mins if you have status or fly F or J.
Covid queue is on flight class not status.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 8:55 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by m3red
Covid queue is on flight class not status.
not what the sign says, how was i able to use this queue when flying Y?
Old Dec 13, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Life on here was so peaceful for a couple of weeks🙂
Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:08 am

Weirdly, there didn’t seem to be a separate queue for J & F. And there was only one guy doing the actual tests. It only took about 15 seconds per person though.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 3:14 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
The Emirates website says that travellers from Germany do not require a covid test in advance of travel. However, if I am planning to travel MIA-FRA-DXB -- would that transit through Germany exempt me from the need for a Covid test 96 hours before? I suspect not but the way it's phrased on the Emirates site makes it sound like simply having flown in from Germany is enough to exempt you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.