Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2020, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
not what the sign says, how was i able to use this queue when flying Y?
Maybe because you're IO?
Old Dec 13, 2020, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Sam_AE
The Emirates website says that travellers from Germany do not require a covid test in advance of travel. However, if I am planning to travel MIA-FRA-DXB -- would that transit through Germany exempt me from the need for a Covid test 96 hours before? I suspect not but the way it's phrased on the Emirates site makes it sound like simply having flown in from Germany is enough to exempt you.
How do you intend to obtain your BP for FRA-DXB?
Old Dec 13, 2020, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
Maybe because you're IO?
But how is that possible? I'm not even IO
Old Dec 14, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
How do you intend to obtain your BP for FRA-DXB?
There's an interline agreement between Lufthansa and Emirates so I don't see why i can't just check my bags through and check in online -- print my boarding pass and just show up at the gate at FRA.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Sam_AE
There's an interline agreement between Lufthansa and Emirates so I don't see why i can't just check my bags through and check in online -- print my boarding pass and just show up at the gate at FRA.
When I flew FRA/DXB last week, there was no covid test certificate check or questions at gate when boarding.
Some at EK check in were showing test certificates as had onward connections from DXB.
I was only flying FRA/DXB and no questions at check in. On arrival at DXB was free test.
iFlyMoreThanYou likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:57 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Any idea why the website isn't letting me book travel from India to the US? Anyone know if there's any restrictions in place and EK isn't transporting pax between India and the US? Going to contact EK to ask anyway, just thought I'd check here first.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by S.R
Any idea why the website isn't letting me book travel from India to the US? Anyone know if there's any restrictions in place and EK isn't transporting pax between India and the US? Going to contact EK to ask anyway, just thought I'd check here first.
yes, you have the Indian government to thank for that. Only alternative is to nest 2 returns
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 11:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador elite & lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Plat, Flying Blue Plat
Any recent experiences with the PCR test on arrival at the airport, in particular, how long does it take to receive the result?
I understand from the Emirates Covid-19 website that it is compulsory to quarantine in hotel/home until receiving the results.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 11:34 pm

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by josep
Any recent experiences with the PCR test on arrival at the airport, in particular, how long does it take to receive the result?
I understand from the Emirates Covid-19 website that it is compulsory to quarantine in hotel/home until receiving the results.
Is this a Christmas party game where we guess which airport lol
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 1:53 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Ours came in just under 24 hours. I guess it depends how busy they are.

You need to stay in your hotel until you get the results.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Ours came in just under 24 hours. I guess it depends how busy they are.

You need to stay in your hotel until you get the results.
The timing of the test is probably a factor too.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 2:34 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Assuming you are talking about DXB. I arrived into T3 on Dec 20th at 10pm. They did the test and the result was sent via SMS to my phone around 2pm the next day. As per EK website, you need to quarantine until you get the result. In case the SMS doesn;t work, the result also showed up in the Health Card inside the Dubai Covid App
Old Dec 26, 2020, 2:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
In case the SMS doesn;t work, the result also showed up in the Health Card inside the Dubai Covid App
That's where mine showed up. My wife's was the opposite - she got the SMS, but nothing ever appeared on the app.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 4:21 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
The timing of the test is probably a factor too.
Yes, I am sure they batch a number of samples up before taking them to the lab for testing.

Certainly worked like that when I did my fit-to-fly test in the UK in November. All tests for the day were collected from the test centre at 18:00 to be taken to the lab. Had my result at 8am the next morning (having been 'swabbed' at 10am). There was an option to have the sample collected at the test centre and taken to the lab by courier for immediate testing (at considerable additional cost of course).
Old Dec 26, 2020, 4:32 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
I get SMS and app notifications. They also claim to be able to send email, but never received one. Longest I’ve had to wait for results is seven hours. More recently, it’s been three to five hours. Once when I was in the car on the way home I got the notifications, so maybe 45mins after taking the test.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.