Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2021, 7:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver
DXB-BAH-LHR

Does anyone have any recent experience of connecting in Bahrain on separate tickets? I'm trying to get back from DXB/AUH to LHR before hotel quarantine sets in. I'm booked on the BA flight on the 14th from BAH-LHR. I can get from DXB-BAH with EK on the 13th.

I'm flying hand luggage and wondering whether separate ticket connections can remain airside in Bahrain? The issue here is that I doubt my BA flight will let me online check in due to the need for a PCR test to enter the UK. Bahrain appears to be open, albeit with a test on arrival, in case not. I'd use a PCR test done in Dubai should I need to go airside in BAH and show it to be allowed to board to London. Whether that means i'd have to do the BAH test on arrival I have no idea!

Can anyone think of a flaw in my plan? There'd be around 8 hours between the two flights.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Dijonspurs
Does anyone have any recent experience of connecting in Bahrain on separate tickets? I'm trying to get back from DXB/AUH to LHR before hotel quarantine sets in. I'm booked on the BA flight on the 14th from BAH-LHR. I can get from DXB-BAH with EK on the 13th.

I'm flying hand luggage and wondering whether separate ticket connections can remain airside in Bahrain? The issue here is that I doubt my BA flight will let me online check in due to the need for a PCR test to enter the UK. Bahrain appears to be open, albeit with a test on arrival, in case not. I'd use a PCR test done in Dubai should I need to go airside in BAH and show it to be allowed to board to London. Whether that means i'd have to do the BAH test on arrival I have no idea!

Can anyone think of a flaw in my plan? There'd be around 8 hours between the two flights.

The new terminal has just very recently opened in BAH. The system in the now old terminal had a GF/general transfer desk, hopefully they can print your BP without having to enter Bahrain which charges for both entry and test on arrival.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
The new terminal has just very recently opened in BAH. The system in the now old terminal had a GF/general transfer desk, hopefully they can print your BP without having to enter Bahrain which charges for both entry and test on arrival.
Thanks so much ElJudioErrante. From my experience of the Middle East, transfer desks aren't usually too fussed about separate tickets. The issue I see here is whether they would be able to actually check me in at the transfer desk and log the negative PCR test in the way check in would. As that's a requirement to fly the BAH-LHR leg.

Paying to enter Bahrain is fine if unavoidable - the greater worry there is I gather the test on arrival result takes 12 hours to generate and my onward flight is 8 hours later. Hopefully they won't arrest me for breaching my 12 hour quarantine in the departure hall!
Old Feb 10, 2021, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Dijonspurs
Thanks so much ElJudioErrante. From my experience of the Middle East, transfer desks aren't usually too fussed about separate tickets. The issue I see here is whether they would be able to actually check me in at the transfer desk and log the negative PCR test in the way check in would. As that's a requirement to fly the BAH-LHR leg.

Paying to enter Bahrain is fine if unavoidable - the greater worry there is I gather the test on arrival result takes 12 hours to generate and my onward flight is 8 hours later. Hopefully they won't arrest me for breaching my 12 hour quarantine in the departure hall!
Old Feb 11, 2021, 12:08 am

Programs: Skywards
Quarantine hotel or not

Assume direct flights to UK resume by Emirates
and the Quarantine hotel rule applies.

if you take a connection flight 2hrs in DXB, do you have to quarantine in a hotel for £1,750 even if your original departing destination was not on the red list
Old Feb 11, 2021, 12:26 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by redeternet7
Assume direct flights to UK resume by Emirates
and the Quarantine hotel rule applies.

if you take a connection flight 2hrs in DXB, do you have to quarantine in a hotel for £1,750 even if your original departing destination was not on the red list
Yes, unfortunately connections count as visiting the country. Only if it’s a stop where you don’t leave the aircraft and no new passengers come on board is a ‘stop’ not counted (like a technical refuelling stop).

But I don’t think direct flights will resume. The regulation that direct flights from ‘red list countries’ are prohibited has not been changed, as far as I’m aware.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: Skywards
cant book for next two weeks, but can book onwards. is this a sign that the uk ban is about to be lifted?
Old Feb 18, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
cant book for next two weeks, but can book onwards. is this a sign that the uk ban is about to be lifted?
I would say no.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 4:17 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Were I a betting man (which I am not), I would say not before the middle of March or more likely beginning of April. The U.K. will start unlocking local restrIctions before opening up to ‘red list’ countries.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 12:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Originally Posted by i_travel_for_work
The test does not report the time though
Where are you planning on getting the test? Coincidentally, I am leaving the same week.

I am considering on getting the test from NYC Health Department (and at no charge):
"You can now make an appointment for a free rapid COVID-19 virus test at the Health Department's COVID Express sites throughout the city. Test results are available within 24 hours or less of your visit. This means that most patients will receive their test results on the same day as their visit. All tests performed at these sites are PCR-based laboratory diagnostic tests, which are the most accurate type of test available."

Has anyone used them before for a travel PCR test?

Last edited by Nevsky; Feb 21, 2021 at 6:38 pm
Old Feb 22, 2021, 10:50 am

Question - if flying ex-Dubai, would a covid test from another country's authorized lab be allowed or must it be from a dubai lab? Specific example, for me as a US citizen.

Erbil - DXB (on FlyDubai), cash ticket bought and I will have a PCR test from flydubai's authorized lab in kurdistan to board this flight.
8 hours later, on a separate award ticket, DXB - USA (on Emirates). I will use the Terminal 2 transfer desk (not leave airport) to check in. But at checkin, if I show my PCR test that I did in Erbil, will that be okay? I assume so, but wanted to make sure there aren't any stupid rules about test being from UAE only if your ticket originates in UAE.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA PRO, BA S
Apologies if this has been asked as I could not find but for EWR-ATH-DXB (one ticket) does the 96 hour window start at my EWR flight or my ATH flight 12 hours later?
Old Feb 25, 2021, 9:21 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by perkerkeem
Apologies if this has been asked as I could not find but for EWR-ATH-DXB (one ticket) does the 96 hour window start at my EWR flight or my ATH flight 12 hours later?
EWR flight
Old Mar 1, 2021, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
May I just ask again: Does the PCR test results (before entering Dubai) has to contain also the passport number of the traveller. I guess not?
Old Mar 1, 2021, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by warakorn
May I just ask again: Does the PCR test results (before entering Dubai) has to contain also the passport number of the traveller. I guess not?
It does not. Just your name and the word NEGATIVE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.