Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:04 am

As we didn't get any answer as to whether we needed to do two covid 19 test ,We timed our covid-19 test exactly 96 hr before our DXB-FRA flight. When checked in for our YYZ-DXB, the check in agent didn't mention about having to do covid19 test again at DXB, the one test is sufficient. You are not allowed to leave DXB before boarding the DXB-FRA flight but we weren't told at check in and found out after the fact.

We spent one night at MO Dubai which we liked very much. No issue when we enter Dubai. However, when we try to board the DXB-FRA, the agent get irate why we left the airport as we weren't allow and they do check for your airport stamp, after discussing that we weren't told we can't leave the airport when we board the YYZ-DXB flight, the supervisor agree to let us board after making a few call and mention it was an exception for first class passenger.

The trip was an award flight. Hope it help. YMMV
thijsseh likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:11 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by silverlim
As we didn't get any answer as to whether we needed to do two covid 19 test ,We timed our covid-19 test exactly 96 hr before our DXB-FRA flight. When checked in for our YYZ-DXB, the check in agent didn't mention about having to do covid19 test again at DXB, the one test is sufficient. You are not allowed to leave DXB before boarding the DXB-FRA flight but we weren't told at check in and found out after the fact.

We spent one night at MO Dubai which we liked very much. No issue when we enter Dubai. However, when we try to board the DXB-FRA, the agent get irate why we left the airport as we weren't allow and they do check for your airport stamp, after discussing that we weren't told we can't leave the airport when we board the YYZ-DXB flight, the supervisor agree to let us board after making a few call and mention it was an exception for first class passenger.

The trip was an award flight. Hope it help. YMMV

Thanks for the information, that is very useful!
Old Sep 24, 2020, 5:09 am

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
Originally Posted by silverlim
. No issue when we enter Dubai. However, when we try to board the DXB-FRA, the agent get irate why we left the airport as we weren't allow and they do check for your airport stamp, after discussing that we weren't told we can't leave the airport when we board the YYZ-DXB flight, the supervisor agree to let us board after making a few call and mention it was an exception for first class passenger.
Thanks for the info and nothing against you, but we all know first class passengers don't get COVID-10
Old Sep 24, 2020, 10:50 am

I'm a US citizen with a flight booked LAX - DXB [one week] - final destination which requires a covid test. Obviously I will need a covid test in Dubai during that one week which I'm fine with.

I read on emirates website that they are offering discounted 150 AED rate at American Hospital Dubai (https://www.emirates.com/us/english/...ents/tourists/). The same emiirates website also says we need to present a PRINTED result at dubai airport.

For someone who lives in Dubai, can you please let me know the answer to following questions I would really appreciate it:
- How do I make an appointment for this discounted 150 AED rate test? I tried on American Hospital website to book an appointment but their appointment dropdown doesn't even have covid testing as an option.
- I then tried the SEHA website, but it seems that is only for UAE residents (needs emirates id, doesn't identify non-uae phone numbers)
- Then I looked at various drive-through covid test places onllne but as a tourist there for 1 week without a car I won't be able to go through any drive-throughs
- In general for foreigners in UAE who don't have an emirates-id nor a UAE phone number, how exactly have you been getting tested after a 1 week layover, and getting a printed result (instead of an sms).

Basically, if you were a non-UAE person with a non-UAE phone number and without a car how exactly are you getting tested for Covid in Dubai and getting a *printed* test result?

Last edited by nomiiiii; Sep 24, 2020 at 11:02 am
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Basically, if you were a non-UAE person with a non-UAE phone number and without a car how exactly are you getting tested for Covid in Dubai and getting a *printed* test result?
For 2 or more people you can have someone from american hospital dubai come to your hotel and perform the test there at the 150dhs rate. They email the results so just ask the concierge at your hotel to print them.

If you are travelling solo, unfortunately this option is not available to you.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
For 2 or more people you can have someone from american hospital dubai come to your hotel and perform the test there at the 150dhs rate. They email the results so just ask the concierge at your hotel to print them.

If you are travelling solo, unfortunately this option is not available to you.
Okay so what exactly do I need to do as a single person who is not a UAE resident and does not have a UAE phone number to get a printed covid test in Dubai so I can leave this country? Does anyone know? I've been trying to contact various phone numbers/emails on different hospitals but no one knows.

Are foreigners just stuck here or what.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:39 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Okay so what exactly do I need to do as a single person who is not a UAE resident and does not have a UAE phone number to get a printed covid test in Dubai so I can leave this country? Does anyone know? I've been trying to contact various phone numbers/emails on different hospitals but no one knows.

Are foreigners just stuck here or what.
They can print the results for you (after 48h) in the hospital. Ive had it done there.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
They can print the results for you (after 48h) in the hospital. Ive had it done there.
Thanks - but what about the original appointment - did you need a UAE phone number to make a call and make the appointment? Was an emirates id required? Was it walk-in or booking required? Sorry I'm not in dubai yet and don't want to step on the plane if getting a test once in dubai is a pain.

Again, I'm specifically looking on how a typical foreigner with money and wifi-access can get tested in Dubai if:
- They don't have an emirates id
- They don't have a uae phone number to get sms
- They don't own a car for drive-throughs
- They're not a couple eligible for home service
- They don't own a printer (I guess hotel can do this)
Old Sep 24, 2020, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Thanks - but what about the original appointment - did you need a UAE phone number to make a call and make the appointment? Was an emirates id required? Was it walk-in or booking required? Sorry I'm not in dubai yet and don't want to step on the plane if getting a test once in dubai is a pain.

Again, I'm specifically looking on how a typical foreigner with money and wifi-access can get tested in Dubai if:
- They don't have an emirates id
- They don't have a uae phone number to get sms
- They don't own a car for drive-throughs
- They're not a couple eligible for home service
- They don't own a printer (I guess hotel can do this)
As a US citizen and visitor to Dubai, I've been using King's College to do my covid tests when I'm visiting Dubai and need one for onward travel. Easy to book. Can even do walk in at their 24/7 location. Results emailed to or you can go back and pick up a copy. Overall very easy process.

https://kingscollegehospitaldubai.com/covid19test/
thijsseh, SFO777, nomiiiii and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by justforfun
As a US citizen and visitor to Dubai, I've been using King's College to do my covid tests when I'm visiting Dubai and need one for onward travel. Easy to book. Can even do walk in at their 24/7 location. Results emailed to or you can go back and pick up a copy. Overall very easy process.

https://kingscollegehospitaldubai.com/covid19test/

thanks this is super helpful
Old Sep 27, 2020, 2:40 pm

I also got information about American Hospital 150 AED covid result as follows (they replied to my email finally):
Regarding the COVID-19 PCR Test , it can be done in one of our below Locations ;

1- The Main Branch which is located in Oud Metha St. from 8:00 am until 10:00 pm in the Cold&Flu clinic and afterhours in the Emergency Department ( No booking. Only as a walk –in )

2- Dubai Media City Clinics , from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm ( need a booking ), from 5:00 pm until 11:00 pm ( as a Walk-in only )

3- Al Barsh Clinics , from 9:00 am until 9:00 pm ( Booking Only )

4- Al Khwanej Clinics ( Clinics Opened , PCR Test is not performing currently / to be announced Soon ),

* Please note, Dubai Media City and Al khwanej Clinics are closed on Fridays,

Price of the test for the Emirates Airlines Passengers is 150 AED ,

For Emirates Business / First Class the test can be done as a home Visit ( within Dubai Only ) and it will Cost 250 AED/Passenger ( for a Minimum of 2 Passengers and depending on the Availability ) ,

The Price for any other Airlines is 250 AED ,

The Results will be out with in 48 Hrs, please visit the below link to reach our Locations;

https://www.ahdubai.com/branches,
And the Mediclinic Dubai had a turnaround email reply time of about 2 days also:
Greetings from Mediclinic Dubai Mall.

Further to your email, please find below information regarding the PCR test.

- We are accepting patients for the COVID19 PCR swab test

- The test price is 250 AED

- Appointments are required for the test however you may walk in on (Friday) between 1100am -5:00pm, waiting time is expected)

- Patients can attend the clinicfor swab collections from 9am up to 6pm daily from Saturday to Thursday

- A valid ID (passport or Emirates ID) is required for the test.

- Results will be ready within 24 hours maximum 48 hours

- The report will be sent to your registered e-mail address.

Kindly advise your preferred date, time, number of persons, contact number to enable us to schedule an appointment.

I do wish these places just put this information online somewhere instead of chasing them around with contact forms and emails, but anyways, I'm posting this info here to help out others.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:56 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
The biggest test provider in the UK (naming it got me in FlyerTalk jail ) got me my result in less than 18 hours yesterday.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 8:26 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I also got information about American Hospital 150 AED covid result as follows (they replied to my email finally):

And the Mediclinic Dubai had a turnaround email reply time of about 2 days also:

I do wish these places just put this information online somewhere instead of chasing them around with contact forms and emails, but anyways, I'm posting this info here to help out others.

Thanks for sharing!
Old Sep 30, 2020, 4:24 pm

Question for folks who boarded an Emirates flight *from* the USA (e.g. at LAX):

The covid test result report (e.g. from LabCorp, a big testing lab here), does not contain passport number (only name and date of birth). Has anyone had any issues with this? I want to make sure that there isn't a specific emirates requirement or format needed for typical US lab reports, which come in all shape or form depending on lab and hospital? Can you please give your first-hand experience?
Old Sep 30, 2020, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
We're planning on a 36 hour long weekend in Dubai in November. Flying EK First JFK-DXB both ways. Will have a current PCR result (with passport) for our JFK-DXB flight and to enter Dubai.

Do we need to do another PCR test once we're in Dubai to board our return DXB-JFK flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.