Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2020, 2:34 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
On arrival at DXB T3 there is PCR test. How long now approx does one have to wait before being informed of the test result?
Around 24 hours from what's been posted on here.

As mentioned above, only a few flights require a PCR check on arrival. If this is your FRA flight, that probably won't need a check.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 3:02 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
On arrival at DXB T3 there is PCR test. How long now approx does one have to wait before being informed of the test result?
Less than 72 hours

I have now done 3, came back in 11, 24 and 23 hours
Old Aug 22, 2020, 9:13 am
Suspended

Just to add: for the test you do at T3 you only get the test result via SMS, you can also look it up online but it won't supply you with a certificate. Therefore I dont think it can be used as proof for a return flight.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Hi All

I am tempted to visit a good friend of mine in early September in DXB. Flying in from LHR (currently not on the high-risk list) I will be able to stay 3 to max 4 nights.

Whilst I understand the requirement of the PCR inbound, I am wondering if anyone has experience to share re/ the PCR test required in Dubai to fly back to LHR? Do hotels like the RC support you in getting such a test? If not, how long do I need to book in advance to get an appointment with an UAE lab? What is the cost of such a test?

Key for me would be to understand if first thing to do for me after arrival is to sort the test out; and based on that if 3 to 4 days in the UAE make sense at all (especially when I am keen to stay say Tuesday to Saturday so I have the full weekend in DXB which might slow down lab processing time of my test )

Cheers!
Old Aug 23, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Hi All

Whilst I understand the requirement of the PCR inbound, I am wondering if anyone has experience to share re/ the PCR test required in Dubai to fly back to LHR? Do hotels like the RC support you in getting such a test? If not, how long do I need to book in advance to get an appointment with an UAE lab? What is the cost of such a test?

Key for me would be to understand if first thing to do for me after arrival is to sort the test out; and based on that if 3 to 4 days in the UAE make sense at all (especially when I am keen to stay say Tuesday to Saturday so I have the full weekend in DXB which might slow down lab processing time of my test )

Cheers!
There are many options for PCR tests in Dubai, including "at home" visits. Your hotel concierge may also have some clinics they work with. Results typically in about 24 hours.

Here are a couple places you can do it or have an at-home service:
- King's College Hospital (have used them) https://kingscollegehospitaldubai.co...9-pcr-testing/
- Aster Clinics
- Dubz through Mediclinic https://dubzpoweredbydnata.typeform.com/to/qTyfVdE0
- Mediclinic https://www.mediclinic.ae/en/corpora...screening.html
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by extramileage
There are many options for PCR tests in Dubai, including "at home" visits. Your hotel concierge may also have some clinics they work with. Results typically in about 24 hours.

Here are a couple places you can do it or have an at-home service:
- King's College Hospital (have used them) https://kingscollegehospitaldubai.co...9-pcr-testing/
- Aster Clinics https://www.facebook.com/AsterClinic...6572551862952/
- Dubz through Mediclinic https://dubzpoweredbydnata.typeform.com/to/qTyfVdE0
- Mediclinic https://www.mediclinic.ae/en/corpora...screening.html
Dubai here I come

Thanks a lot, very helpful
Old Aug 25, 2020, 2:18 am

This is funny.

All travelers going to Dubai, including those in-transit, are required to have a negative RT-PCR test before check-in.
But, what if your connecting flight is the same as those traveling from Dubai to a country that doesn't require RT-PCR test prior to boarding?
That means, you're going to be on the same flight with those that didn't have the RT-PCR test.
Example: XYZ-DXB-MNL
Old Aug 25, 2020, 2:34 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ABG2202
But, what if your connecting flight is the same as those traveling from Dubai to a country that doesn't require RT-PCR test prior to boarding?

Example: XYZ-DXB-MNL
All EK flights departing DXB require a negative PCR test, so anyone boarding in DXB for your example to MNL will also have to provide a negative test result at checkin in DXB
Old Aug 25, 2020, 3:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
All EK flights departing DXB require a negative PCR test, so anyone boarding in DXB for your example to MNL will also have to provide a negative test result at checkin in DXB
That's not correct. Only certain destinations require a PCR test when travelling *from* DXB.

All passengers travelling from Dubai to UK or Europe (and other mandated destinations) will be required to take a COVID-19 PCR test no more than 96 hours before departure and present the printed test result certificate at check-in. Children under the age of 12 and passengers who have a moderate or severe disability are exempt from this test.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 3:31 am
Suspended

Back from a trip to the UK again - free NHS test again arrived within 32 hours.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 5:36 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
Not exactly free. There is a cost to the taxpayer!
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I don't think this is something to boast about.

If you are based in Dubai and non-resident in the UK for tax, then using the NHS for free is illegal and you should be prosecuted.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Longton
I don't think this is something to boast about.

If you are based in Dubai and non-resident in the UK for tax, then using the NHS for free is illegal and you should be prosecuted.
agreed it is quite clear on website the requirements for requesting tests, tests for travel purposes is not one of them, we have had to apply for a home test for my mother in law who has dementia preceding going into a care home, we wanted the drive in type but not available unless we want to drive to Oldham(we live in York) still waiting for home test to be delivered probably pressure on the system by people abusing the system and then brag about it, pathetic

Last edited by Stephen Harwood; Aug 25, 2020 at 7:36 am Reason: mistakes
Old Aug 25, 2020, 7:51 am
Suspended

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Not exactly free. There is a cost to the taxpayer!
Spent 5 years in the UK, paid more than enough tax to get a free test now.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 9:05 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Spent 5 years in the UK, paid more than enough tax to get a free test now.
As I/O it’s a case of DYKWIA NHS I paid 5 years tax, well done you. You’ll be the first to complain when you are on a bed in corridor in your 80s.

FYI I’m paying for my test.
iFlyMoreThanYou likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.