Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2020, 11:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by SFO777
We're planning on a 36 hour long weekend in Dubai in November. Flying EK First JFK-DXB both ways. Will have a current PCR result (with passport) for our JFK-DXB flight and to enter Dubai.

Do we need to do another PCR test once we're in Dubai to board our return DXB-JFK flight?
depends on the mood of the immigration officer
Old Oct 1, 2020, 5:25 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
We're planning on a 36 hour long weekend in Dubai in November. Flying EK First JFK-DXB both ways. Will have a current PCR result (with passport) for our JFK-DXB flight and to enter Dubai.

Do we need to do another PCR test once we're in Dubai to board our return DXB-JFK flight?
What does “with passport” mean? You need the your passport number on the COVID test result?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
depends on the mood of the immigration officer
I was actually referring to requirements to board our DXB-JFK flight. Since the US doesn't require a PCR test for entry, does EK require anything for us to board in DXB? Temperature check?
Your "depends on the mood of the immigration officer" response made me pause. So even though I may have a current negative PCR test result, what are the odds that I may be required to take another one of arrival and self-quarantine until I get the results?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by S.R
What does “with passport” mean? You need the your passport number on the COVID test result?
Not sure but the local lab we use offers a "travel package" that includes our passport number and lab certifications (took 6 hours from swab to hard copy results before our Croatia trip). I only mentioned passport since nomiiiii's post #344 mentioned it.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
I was actually referring to requirements to board our DXB-JFK flight. Since the US doesn't require a PCR test for entry, does EK require anything for us to board in DXB? Temperature check?
Your "depends on the mood of the immigration officer" response made me pause. So even though I may have a current negative PCR test result, what are the odds that I may be required to take another one of arrival and self-quarantine until I get the results?
sent you a dm
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sent you a dm
Thanks iFlyMoreThanYou.
iFlyMoreThanYou likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 7:52 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
sent you a dm
Please share your info with me as well via PM if you can.

Because as far as I know (and what EK confirmed), on arrival into DXB, if coming only from New York, you don't need to get tested again at DXB on arrival.

For the return to JFK, you do not need to get tested in Dubai prior to the flight, as the US govt has no requirements, and as far as I know, neither does EK for a flight just from DXB-JFK.

Am I interpreting the rules correctly?

Also, can someone confirm whether or not you need passport number on the negative covid test?
SFO777 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:38 am

Programs: Skywards
noticed the book with confidence offer is over now (book by end of sept and make one change for free)
has the offer been extended or not? it doesnt specifically say but it implies that they allow free changes (i.e. no admin fees) until end of march 2021
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by S.R
Am I interpreting the rules correctly?
I dont believe you are?

See below from EK site

​​​​​​Travel to New York (JFK)

Effective 28 September, all passengers travelling to New York, with the exception of 31 countries, must quarantine for 14 days and complete the online New York State Department of Health Traveler Form.
Travel from USA

All passengers travelling to Dubai, including passengers with a connecting flight, must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate issued by a local government approved laboratory, and the test should be conducted no more than 96 hours before departure. Bring an official printed certificate – SMS and digital certificates are not accepted. Children below 12 years old and passengers with moderate or severe disabilities are exempt from this test.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: Skywards
When departing from the UK, Emirates have stated they will conduct a new covid-19 test (despite providing one before departing)
My question is, what physical of digital proof do you have to show, that you had this test done?
Do they print off a confirmation or sms/email you for the arrival covid-19 test?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
​​​​​​Travel to New York (JFK)
Effective 28 September, all passengers travelling to New York, with the exception of 31 countries, must quarantine for 14 days and complete the online New York State Department of Health Traveler Form.
I'm not really concerned about what the idiots in Albany want since I'm connecting beyond JFK. Our concern is what we need from Dubai or UAE (if anything) to board our DXB-JFK flight.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by redeternet7
When departing from the UK, Emirates have stated they will conduct a new covid-19 test (despite providing one before departing)
My question is, what physical of digital proof do you have to show, that you had this test done?
Do they print off a confirmation or sms/email you for the arrival covid-19 test?
See below. You need the App and it will show there (I think you also get an SMS). From what people have said, it takes between 12 and 24 hours to get the result.

Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:49 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I'm not really concerned about what the idiots in Albany want since I'm connecting beyond JFK. Our concern is what we need from Dubai or UAE (if anything) to board our DXB-JFK flight.
There's nothing that states you need to get a test on departure from Dubai - unless you are travelling to Europe or China.
SFO777 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
There's nothing that states you need to get a test on departure from Dubai - unless you are travelling to Europe or China.
Excellent. Thanks very much DYKWIA. So as long as we pass the temp check entering the airport, we should be good to go?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Excellent. Thanks very much DYKWIA. So as long as we pass the temp check entering the airport, we should be good to go?
You should be. Among other sources you should watch this page for updates:
https://www.emirates.com/us/english/...ourists/#82483
SFO777 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.