Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2020, 2:40 am
Suspended

If I arrive from LHR with a negative test certificate, will I be retested?
Old Oct 2, 2020, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by KSVVZ2015
If I arrive from LHR with a negative test certificate, will I be retested?
If you want to get retested, dont even think about using the NHS.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 10:24 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
If you want to get retested, dont even think about using the NHS.
After arriving from LHR
Old Oct 2, 2020, 11:10 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
sent you a dm
Would be curious to hear about your experiences as well.
Heading to DXB Next week.

Thank you
Old Oct 5, 2020, 6:55 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So I know if Dubai is your final destination, you need to get tested within 96 hours before departure.
My question is, if I’m coming from somewhere (New York) where there are no requirements for being tested at DXB on arrival, will it make a difference if I get tested more than 96 hours from arrival time in Dubai? Just wondering if they use that as a cut off to test you again on arrival in Dubai.

here’s my example:
flying JFK-DXB on a Monday night at 23:00.
96hrs before that is Thursday night 23:00.
i plan on getting tested Friday morning at 08:00am. So while that is within the 96 hours before departure and sufficient to board the flight to Dubai, it will be more than 96 hours from the time I will arrive in Dubai. I would like to not have to get tested again upon arrival in Dubai, so just want to be sure.

I could get tested on Saturday morning, but I’m worried the results won’t come back in time because of the weekend.

Someone please let me know if I’m just overthinking this and getting tested within 96 hours of departure and coming from New York will be enough to not have to get retested on arrival in Dubai.

thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2020, 11:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by S.R
So I know if Dubai is your final destination, you need to get tested within 96 hours before departure.
My question is, if I’m coming from somewhere (New York) where there are no requirements for being tested at DXB on arrival, will it make a difference if I get tested more than 96 hours from arrival time in Dubai? Just wondering if they use that as a cut off to test you again on arrival in Dubai.

here’s my example:
flying JFK-DXB on a Monday night at 23:00.
96hrs before that is Thursday night 23:00.
i plan on getting tested Friday morning at 08:00am. So while that is within the 96 hours before departure and sufficient to board the flight to Dubai, it will be more than 96 hours from the time I will arrive in Dubai. I would like to not have to get tested again upon arrival in Dubai, so just want to be sure.

I could get tested on Saturday morning, but I’m worried the results won’t come back in time because of the weekend.

Someone please let me know if I’m just overthinking this and getting tested within 96 hours of departure and coming from New York will be enough to not have to get retested on arrival in Dubai.

thanks!
Yes, exactly same question but from LHR.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 11:44 pm

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
Hi All - apologies if this is somewhere else but I can't seem to find it. I want to travel to Dubai from Vienna; but Austria isn't on the list from EK where they set out the approved/defined laboratories that are accepted for testing. Does anyone know which testing centre i should use in Vienna to get the test done in order to be accepted on the flight?

Thanks all

Mark
Old Oct 6, 2020, 3:28 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by KSVVZ2015
Yes, exactly same question but from LHR.
Yes you need a covid test from LHR arriving/transiting to DXB within 96 hours of DEPARTURE IIRC
Old Oct 6, 2020, 4:42 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by redeternet7
Yes you need a covid test from LHR arriving/transiting to DXB within 96 hours of DEPARTURE IIRC
Correct, not just from LHR, from ANYWHERE. You will be denied boarding if you don't have a negative Covid test certificate. Apart from departing from DXB itself, it appears. Then it depends on your destination.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 7:11 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by redeternet7
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Correct, not just from LHR, from ANYWHERE. You will be denied boarding if you don't have a negative Covid test certificate. Apart from departing from DXB itself, it appears. Then it depends on your destination.
I believe @KSVVZ2015 question was the same as mine. Not about having the negative test prior to departure, but about getting retested on arrival at DXB if your initial test prior to departure was within 96hrs of departure, but more than 96hrs from arrival in dubai.

Also, regarding the negative test result/certificate for departure, does it need to be an official one printed by the lab? Or is it ok if I print out the results from my own printer that they send to me? The lab I plan on going to uploads the test results to their app/portal. I'm hoping just printing that out will be sufficient?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by S.R
I believe @KSVVZ2015 question was the same as mine. Not about having the negative test prior to departure, but about getting retested on arrival at DXB if your initial test prior to departure was within 96hrs of departure, but more than 96hrs from arrival in dubai.

Also, regarding the negative test result/certificate for departure, does it need to be an official one printed by the lab? Or is it ok if I print out the results from my own printer that they send to me? The lab I plan on going to uploads the test results to their app/portal. I'm hoping just printing that out will be sufficient?
Ive printed out my negative test results both departing from Europe (from email) and from DXB (from SMS). Seems to be the norm looking at what other passengers had in their hands at check-in.
batmandds and S.R like this.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 4:16 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Just read on the EK website that testing for connecting via Dubai is now only required for certain departure countries
Last updated: 7 October 2020, 11:28 Dubai (GMT +4)

The COVID‑19 PCR test is no longer required for all connecting passengers – it is only mandatory for those arriving from the following countries or/and when the destination country requires it:
  • Middle East and Africa: Angola, Rwanda, Ivory Coast, Zambia, Ghana, Senegal, Tunisia, Uganda, Sudan, Egypt, Ethiopia, Somaliland, Tanzania, Syria, Eritrea, Kenya, Jordan, Morocco, Iraq, South Sudan, Djibouti, Guinea, Zimbabwe, Iran, Lebanon, Israel
  • Europe: Czech Republic, Romania, Montenegro, Malta, Georgia, Ukraine, Greece, Croatia, Cyprus, Hungary, Russia, Slovakia, Moldova
  • Asia: Pakistan, India, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Philippine, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Nepal, Uzbekistan
  • North America: USA (California, Florida and Texas)
  • South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile
Old Oct 7, 2020, 4:36 am

Just read on the EK website that testing for connecting via Dubai is now only required for certain departure countries

The COVID‑19 PCR test is no longer required for all connecting passengers – it is only mandatory for those arriving from the following countries or/and when the destination country requires it:
  • Middle East and Africa: Angola, Rwanda, Ivory Coast, Zambia, Ghana, Senegal, Tunisia, Uganda, Sudan, Egypt, Ethiopia, Somaliland, Tanzania, Syria, Eritrea, Kenya, Jordan, Morocco, Iraq, South Sudan, Djibouti, Guinea, Zimbabwe, Iran, Lebanon, Israel
  • Europe: Czech Republic, Romania, Montenegro, Malta, Georgia, Ukraine, Greece, Croatia, Cyprus, Hungary, Russia, Slovakia, Moldova
  • Asia: Pakistan, India, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Philippine, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Nepal, Uzbekistan

Note Israel... interesting
Old Oct 7, 2020, 9:52 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue

Surprised UK isn’t on that list.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Surprised UK isn’t on that list.
I'm supprised Spain, France are also missing yet Greece is on there. Makes you wonder what the logic is behind this or will this be one of them flip flop decisions
Saltire74 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.