Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:37 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Finding the continuous scroll function hard to get used to.
The Tech feedback forum is alight because of the new changes. It started getting a bit better last night after the new changes were implemented but still seems there are quite a few bugs and other issues to iron out.

I’m not a fan and would like the choice of going back to the previous version and the infinite scroll is something I detest with a vengeance. To switch it off, go to My Flyertalk->Settings & Options->Edit Options->Thread Display Options->Disable Infinite Scroll.

S
thijsseh and Metanoia like this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
My biggest beef is that the site as a whole is much slower to load and more data heavy. I agree completely that infinite scrolling is evil. At least we can turn it off. Thanks Saltire74 for the location of the flip switch.
Saltire74 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by Saltire74
To switch it off, go to My Flyertalk->Settings & Options->Edit Options->Thread Display Options->Disable Infinite Scroll.

S
^ ^ ^
Saltire74 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:07 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Flaneurs
My biggest beef is that the site as a whole is much slower to load and more data heavy. I agree completely that infinite scrolling is evil. At least we can turn it off. Thanks Saltire74 for the location of the flip switch.
Originally Posted by XXTSGR
^ ^ ^
Happy to help folks ^

S
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:52 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

It looks a lot better today. The underlining has gone, and the column widths are more appropriate. Not too bad now.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Is there anyone else like me who's so much of an avgeek they try to keep a running list of every aircraft and tail number they've been on? And finds out which airframe they've flown the most miles on? Because it's not enough to collect airports, tail numbers are way more fun!

I think I'm almost to the point where I've traveled more miles on A388's than 77Ws now.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Is there anyone else like me who's so much of an avgeek they try to keep a running list of every aircraft and tail number they've been on? And finds out which airframe they've flown the most miles on? Because it's not enough to collect airports, tail numbers are way more fun!

I think I'm almost to the point where I've traveled more miles on A388's than 77Ws now.
I wish I did but feel likes it's too late to start. I've definitely travelled way more in 77Ws, 95% of my EK flights are in 77Ws. I do look up the registration of the aircraft before the flight and check if there's WiFi and which version of ICE, and have a vague idea of which ones I've been one and recognize them, also from the tail number sometimes immediately know what version of ICE it'll be
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I wish I did but feel likes it's too late to start. I've definitely travelled way more in 77Ws, 95% of my EK flights are in 77Ws. I do look up the registration of the aircraft before the flight and check if there's WiFi and which version of ICE, and have a vague idea of which ones I've been one and recognize them, also from the tail number sometimes immediately know what version of ICE it'll be
Is there a good reference for ICE versions? I'm loving the versions that have the interactive airshow (usually an EP* tail)

And it's never too late. I mean, you could always carve your initials in the lav somewhere to remember instead...
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Is there a good reference for ICE versions? I'm loving the versions that have the interactive airshow (usually an EP* tail)

And it's never too late. I mean, you could always carve your initials in the lav somewhere to remember instead...
This is relatively up to date: The Emirates Fleet Guide

EB* frames are terrible, EN* and EP* are ok.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 1:31 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
I keep an eye on Flightradar24 to check what aircraft I’m about to get on in Aus, mostly to see what ICE I have. When I’m flying in and out of GLA I’m constantly living in hope of getting the new J seats on the 77W.

My most travelled frame is A6-EEU.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by sydtogla
I keep an eye on Flightradar24 to check what aircraft I’m about to get on in Aus, mostly to see what ICE I have. When I’m flying in and out of GLA I’m constantly living in hope of getting the new J seats on the 77W.

My most travelled frame is A6-EEU.
I find it fitting that my most travelled frame is OG, for "Original Gangsta" , my first A380 experience...

SFO gets almost all O* and a rare E* frame. Still waiting for an U* frame for the new bar, but they only have one ULH frame (UV) iirc.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:15 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Anyone flying EK413 on Monday 20th?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Cute video on the Cirrus. What's hilarious is in the comments one guy asking if they're getting a fleet of them and terminals and another replying it's probably more like a private jet or to get to closer airports...lol. [It's for training in case anyone seriously hadn't figured that out]
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:31 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Just popping in to say that this post is my 2000th post since joining Flyertalk. A milestone I never thought I would achieve. Might reach Evangelist status by the time I’m 80

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Just popping in to say that this post is my 2000th post since joining Flyertalk. A milestone I never thought I would achieve. Might reach Evangelist status by the time I’m 80

Safe & Happy Travels

S

Congrats! And the perfect place for the post, too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.