Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Looks pretty similar to the ones I has 5 weeks ago but not sure.

Did you get upgraded....?
No I was in 40C on the 77W, but the lounge agent managed to move me from 20K to 40C where there was an open middle seat, last one on the plane, so score!

While walking out in CPT I noticed them, the faux wood trim seemed new to me, I also use my own wireless headphones so can't remember whether they had these 2 weeks ago when I was last in J
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
No I was in 40C on the 77W, but the lounge agent managed to move me from 20K to 40C where there was an open middle seat, last one on the plane, so score!

While walking out in CPT I noticed them, the faux wood trim seemed new to me, I also use my own wireless headphones so can't remember whether they had these 2 weeks ago when I was last in J
They don't fit me as well but I did notice less low-frequency 'thrumming' from the engines on the A380. I really do need to invest in a pair of my own, now that I fly so dang much.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:13 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Don't want to start a new thread for this...

I have to go SYD-SFO. I could go direct using QF....OR I could fly EK SYD-DXB (stopover, catch up with friends for say 36h) and then on to SFO. J Flex will earn me 49,000 Tier Miles.

Cost isn't an issue....would you do it?

(I'd also have the 90k miles to bump to first).
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:12 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Don't want to start a new thread for this...

I have to go SYD-SFO. I could go direct using QF....OR I could fly EK SYD-DXB (stopover, catch up with friends for say 36h) and then on to SFO. J Flex will earn me 49,000 Tier Miles.

Cost isn't an issue....would you do it?

(I'd also have the 90k miles to bump to first).
If time isn’t an issue. Cost isn’t an issue. Where are you on your tier collection year? Would that get you on the road to Platinum? Is there a big difference in cost (even for part of the itinerary) to go F giving you more points and miles?

Your on the EK forum. I would go for it

S
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Personally I'd go EK, but that doesn't mean it's the rational choice - definitely stop in DXB for like 2 days
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: EK Gold
I second both Saltire74 & Skywardhunter.
If time and cost are not decisive factors, why not go the long way round?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:04 am
Original Poster

By the way, was anyone else having issues with the mobile app and logging in this week? For several days got login errors and EK on Twitter confirmed there was an issue. Surprised no one mentioned it on here.

Also, why does the WiFi never work in the lounge bathrooms in DXB, and showers? If there's ever a time to check Facebook it's on the loo....
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:44 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
By the way, was anyone else having issues with the mobile app and logging in this week? For several days got login errors and EK on Twitter confirmed there was an issue. Surprised no one mentioned it on here.

Also, why does the WiFi never work in the lounge bathrooms in DXB, and showers? If there's ever a time to check Facebook it's on the loo....
If you can get Facebook to work properly

S
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:57 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK

Has been fine on iOs for me, both on iPad and iPhone. Both apps seem to have been updated this week but no issues getting in.
Was it maybe an Android specific issue? (IIRC you are on Android...?)
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Has been fine on iOs for me, both on iPad and iPhone. Both apps seem to have been updated this week but no issues getting in.
Was it maybe an Android specific issue? (IIRC you are on Android...?)
Yeah said Skywards login temporarily unavailable and Twitter team confirmed there was an issue
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:57 am

I've been having problems with the app for 3 weeks, still have problems.I contacted EK via online chat and was told to use pc.
Presumably the DXB lounge wifi doesn't work in the bathrooms/showers because of the thick walls. Just as well the wifi doesn't work there otherwise the queues would certainly be longer.
​​
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:44 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
I knew I could count on those who would affirm my craziness to affirm it.

As soon as the approval goes, it's getting booked!

(As a side note, how dramatic is this for the downgrade of Y saver tier miles earned:SYD-DXB-SFO-DXB-SYD = 9,500 Tier Miles earned. Yikes.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:13 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
Presumably the DXB lounge wifi doesn't work in the bathrooms/showers because of the thick walls. Just as well the wifi doesn't work there otherwise the queues would certainly be longer.
​​
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:39 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
I've been having problems with the app for 3 weeks, still have problems.I contacted EK via online chat and was told to use pc.
Presumably the DXB lounge wifi doesn't work in the bathrooms/showers because of the thick walls. Just as well the wifi doesn't work there otherwise the queues would certainly be even longer.
​​
See my addition above....
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by sydtogla
I knew I could count on those who would affirm my craziness to affirm it.

As soon as the approval goes, it's getting booked!

(As a side note, how dramatic is this for the downgrade of Y saver tier miles earned:SYD-DXB-SFO-DXB-SYD = 9,500 Tier Miles earned. Yikes.
This is why I'm struggling with switching my accrual to EK from AS, it's a long slog from Blue to Gold. But I really do want miles for upgrades...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.