Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Emirates Forum Brunch - Off-topic chit-chat and banter

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:43 am

Also on current F lounge rotation:

Reds:
Savaterre Pinot Noir 2013
Tronquoy de Sainte Anne Saint-Estephe 2009
Mazei Siepi 2012

White:
Famille Perrin Les Sinard Chateauneuf du Pape 2015
Margaret River L.T.C. Pierro 2016

As for the D gate A380 - I think it’s simply just used as another Apron C parking stand for an A380 that isn’t as far away as the flower warehouse. There was another there earlier set up for bus gate/stairs boarding.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Also on current F lounge rotation:

Reds:
Savaterre Pinot Noir 2013
Mazei Siepi 2012

White:
Famille Perrin Les Sinard Chateauneuf du Pape 2015
Margaret River L.T.C. Pierro 2016

As for the D gate A380 - I think it’s simply just used as another Apron C parking stand for an A380 that isn’t as far away as the flower warehouse. There was another there earlier set up for bus gate/stairs boarding.
I thought of that but quite sure it had a bridge attached
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I thought of that but quite sure it had a bridge attached
Could have brought airbridge just to deliver documents and cleaners etc.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
An interesting set of two You Tube videos to watch to see where all the inflight catering comes from in DXB for EK flights

Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
I love how EK has huge varying ranges in what they consider F and J wines. This is Ch. Tronquoy's second wine (a very, very good one if you like that earthy/sous bois Bordeaux, never actually had the grand vin), and retails for say USD 20, but then they'll serve Amuse Bouche (USD 190) the next week.

And in J they have some really great USD 80 wines, along with some USD 20 wines.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Metanoia
I love how EK has huge varying ranges in what they consider F and J wines. This is Ch. Tronquoy's second wine (a very, very good one if you like that earthy/sous bois Bordeaux, never actually had the grand vin), and retails for say USD 20, but then they'll serve Amuse Bouche (USD 190) the next week.

And in J they have some really great USD 80 wines, along with some USD 20 wines.
We all know that price is not the most accurate indicator of quality, especially as EK buy everything en primeur !

There is certainly some element of prediction that needs to be made - plus, the commercial reality of supply and discounts.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:16 pm

We all know that price is not the most accurate indicator of quality, especially as EK buy everything en primeur !

There is certainly some element of prediction that needs to be made - plus, the commercial reality of supply and discounts.
That's something I do like about EK's wine program, the quality is always good, and it highlights some obscure producers that I wouldn't always get to try because of distribution, etc.

I do like that they carry some big names because it adds a little excitement because those are names I don't get to taste often let alone have multiple glasses of.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Metanoia
That's something I do like about EK's wine program, the quality is always good, and it highlights some obscure producers that I wouldn't always get to try because of distribution, etc.

I do like that they carry some big names because it adds a little excitement because those are names I don't get to taste often let alone have multiple glasses of.
Maybe the production problem is because EK bought all the supply

Also I think the Tronquoy is a J class wine that just happened to be in FCL A (the previous post was from FCL B).
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:27 pm

Maybe the production problem is because EK bought all the supply

Also I think the Tronquoy is a J class wine that just happened to be in FCL A (the previous post was from FCL B).
Maybe that's why I was only able to buy a case of the Tronquoy!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:15 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
What do you think of the forum facelift? I reckon its pretty good, and good timing with the recent refresh across EK!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by sydtogla
What do you think of the forum facelift?
Hideous, clunky, annoying.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:48 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Finding the continuous scroll function hard to get used to.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:53 pm

It's a weird fusion of mid-2000's design (which this forum software is) and an attempt to go "flat" but it just doesn't work for me at all. And the infinite scroll thing really messes with my head.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
It's ok, just takes some getting used to, Metanoia hit it on the head with the 2000 + flat comment.

Infinite scroll has been on mobile for ages so it's not that new to me...the menu/navigation on mobile has changed which is more annoying, subscriptions right at the bottom
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by sydtogla
What do you think of the forum facelift? I reckon its pretty good, and good timing with the recent refresh across EK!
My jury is still out - but I am sure I'll get used to it. Glad though that the mobile version is still the same, makes transition a bit easier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.