Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta Reserve card from American Express.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:41 am

Programs: AA Credit Card
I was able to get rid of another card as the benefits were about the same, saving myself a few bucks..
Old Apr 27, 2008, 11:15 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by den1k
After reading this tread, I'm still not clear on something.

Do I get 5K MQMs if I upgrade/convert my exsisting DL Skymiles platinum card?

and/or

Can I get 10K MQMs if I open a new DL Reserve card/account and keep my exsisting DL Skymiles platinum card?
The terms suggest you should receive only 5K MQMs when you upgrade, but someone suggested above that they received 10K MQMs.

The terms also suggest that if you get a new account, the full 10K MQMs should apply. I just did exactly that, but can't confirm the 10K MQM deposit quite yet, as I haven't made a charge yet.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 5:09 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Originally Posted by mooper
The terms suggest you should receive only 5K MQMs when you upgrade, but someone suggested above that they received 10K MQMs.

The terms also suggest that if you get a new account, the full 10K MQMs should apply. I just did exactly that, but can't confirm the 10K MQM deposit quite yet, as I haven't made a charge yet.
I upgraded on Friday (25th) and received 10K MQM today (27th). My account is still the Platinum DL account, so there's no way that they're considering any purchase I've made since Friday to count towards the T&C of the Reserve card. Not complaining, just throwing that out there.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 5:15 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2 Million Miler, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by jtrue28
I upgraded on Friday (25th) and received 10K MQM today (27th). My account is still the Platinum DL account, so there's no way that they're considering any purchase I've made since Friday to count towards the T&C of the Reserve card. Not complaining, just throwing that out there.
Did you hit $25K in spend on the Plat DL AmEx before you were officially transferred to the Reserve?
Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:52 am
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
Terms
II You may be permitted to have more than one Classic, Gold, Platinum, or Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express account; however, you are only eligible to receive one annual bonus for each type (i.e., Classic, Gold, Platinum, or Delta Reserve) of Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account from American Express.
Business and personal would be considered different types, correct?
Old Apr 28, 2008, 7:28 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by g50
Terms
II You may be permitted to have more than one Classic, Gold, Platinum, or Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express account; however, you are only eligible to receive one annual bonus for each type (i.e., Classic, Gold, Platinum, or Delta Reserve) of Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account from American Express.
Business and personal would be considered different types, correct?
With the Platinum card, Business and Personal are considered different types, hence the ability to earn 20K MQMs from each (40K total) by spending $50K on each ($100K total) annually. My assumption is that it would be the same with the Reserve card, but I highly doubt anyone has verified yet. I am signing up for both under the assumption it will work and that it is possible to pick up 30K MQMs from each (60K total) by spending $60K on each ($120K total).

If anyone beats me to the punch in verifying (it might take me a while to put enough business charges on there to qualify), please let us know!
Old Apr 28, 2008, 7:39 am

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
Talking

Originally Posted by mooper
With the Platinum card, Business and Personal are considered different types, hence the ability to earn 20K MQMs from each (40K total) by spending $50K on each ($100K total) annually. My assumption is that it would be the same with the Reserve card, but I highly doubt anyone has verified yet. I am signing up for both under the assumption it will work and that it is possible to pick up 30K MQMs from each (60K total) by spending $60K on each ($120K total).

If anyone beats me to the punch in verifying (it might take me a while to put enough business charges on there to qualify), please let us know!
You can have both and get the rewards on both. YOU CAN MAKE PLATINUM THIS YEAR WITHOUT FLYING if you get both and charge $60k to each: 10k MQMs on each for sign up and 30k MQMs on each for hitting $60 on each = 80k and that's PM.

One catch: one the business card if you already got 5k MQMs in the past for signing up then you only get 5k more MQMs. In the scenario above, that still takes you to 75k MQMs and that's PM.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by brown069
Did you hit $25K in spend on the Plat DL AmEx before you were officially transferred to the Reserve?
Yeah I hit $25K at the close of our statement on April 13th....received the 10K "Mile Boost" on April 15th. What makes it even more weird is that the 10K miles we received on the 27th have the exact same description...and we're no where near the $50K limit yet. It won't be till probably June before I'll be able to see if they also credit our account with the 5K MQM bonus just for buying something with the Reserve card.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
It seems to me, the key to this new product is the Reserve Business Card feature of a 5% discount on all purchases directly from Delta. If you purchase a bunch of tickets from Delta each year--including A and I fares--the amount you will save with the 5% discount will be greater than the $450 annual fee ($9000 X .05 discount=$450 in savings). If you spend that much or more in a year, you wipe out the annual fee, and then some. Then, all the other benefits are just gravy.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 7:46 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum
Originally Posted by atl runner
It seems to me, the key to this new product is the Reserve Business Card feature of a 5% discount on all purchases directly from Delta. If you purchase a bunch of tickets from Delta each year--including A and I fares--the amount you will save with the 5% discount will be greater than the $450 annual fee ($9000 X .05 discount=$450 in savings). If you spend that much or more in a year, you wipe out the annual fee, and then some. Then, all the other benefits are just gravy.
I believe someone posted earlier that this is a standard feature of the Delta Amex business cards (2% + 3% OPEN discount).

Can someone shed some light on this coach or first class companion ticket? What kind of restrictions and fare class requirements are we looking at?
Old Apr 28, 2008, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by sany2
I believe someone posted earlier that this is a standard feature of the Delta Amex business cards (2% + 3% OPEN discount).
Correct. My currend DL Plat Bus Amex gives a total of 5% off tickets...
Old Apr 29, 2008, 3:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by jtrue28
Yeah I hit $25K at the close of our statement on April 13th....received the 10K "Mile Boost" on April 15th. What makes it even more weird is that the 10K miles we received on the 27th have the exact same description...and we're no where near the $50K limit yet. It won't be till probably June before I'll be able to see if they also credit our account with the 5K MQM bonus just for buying something with the Reserve card.
Assuming your Plat YTD spend transfers over to your Reserve card, I wonder what will happen when you hit $30K. Will you get a 15K bonus or just a 5K incremental difference? Or does the YTD spend not transfer over?

I just hit $25K with my April statement too and am wondering if it's advantageous to upgrade now.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by PhilC
Assuming your Plat YTD spend transfers over to your Reserve card, I wonder what will happen when you hit $30K. Will you get a 15K bonus or just a 5K incremental difference? Or does the YTD spend not transfer over?

I just hit $25K with my April statement too and am wondering if it's advantageous to upgrade now.
The lady told me that everything spent after $25K, would go towards the first threshhold of the Reserve card. My YTD spend does come with me, although it doesn't quite mean anything. Although the mileage I've received so far makes no sense, so maybe I'll get a suprise in a couple of weeks
Old Apr 29, 2008, 6:10 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Are they charging the annual fee right when you convert?
Old Apr 29, 2008, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by daveland
Are they charging the annual fee right when you convert?
yes. however since my annual renewal dates was in October, they're refunding a pro-rated amount of my DL Platinum card annual fee. My new annual renewal date will be April (wanted to make sure they weren't going to charge me $625 again in October). They've also already added "Delta Reserve" to my SkyMiles account...next to the Medallion status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.