Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta Reserve card from American Express.

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2008, 3:35 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
safigan

Any mention of higher upgrade priority in the reading material with the packet?
Old May 1, 2008, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Oh wait, it does say something new on the T&C about companion tix: "Additional restrictions apply. See Companion Certificate for details."

At least I can verify that it's for either FC or coach, domestic travel.
Old May 1, 2008, 3:40 pm

No mention of higher upgrade priority in the materials. My guess is that they either wanted to keep this bene quiet, or they weren't sure they could implement it when they went to press. Assuming there's subranking within each hierarchy level, I'd guess that it might give you +1 on the subranking. But that's just a guess like everyone else. Like I said, it didn't help me as a GM reserve to get upgraded on my flights last weekend; all PMs were still probably ranked above me.
Old May 1, 2008, 3:46 pm

Programs: co,skymiles hilton a.a usair
Originally Posted by safigan
Delta Reserve was indeed printed on my boarding pass, so it appears that it might well factor into upgrades... didn't help me though, as GM reserve wasn't enough to get an upgrade on either segment of my flights last weekend.

On a different note, I notice a few people claiming that 50K of spending on a personal Plat SM card + 50K on a business Plat SM card would net 40K bonus miles. For each of the last 3 years, I have been limited to 20K bonus miles under just this scenario. Can someone confirm that they actually got all 4 miles boosts, or is this just speculation?
actually i did get both bonus last year to total of 60K MQM with the renew bonus
Old May 1, 2008, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA Gold MM, Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, Hertz PC
On a different note, I notice a few people claiming that 50K of spending on a personal Plat SM card + 50K on a business Plat SM card would net 40K bonus miles. For each of the last 3 years, I have been limited to 20K bonus miles under just this scenario. Can someone confirm that they actually got all 4 miles boosts, or is this just speculation?
I have recieved the 10K MQMs for every 25K spent on both my personal and business card. (usually spend over 50k on the Bus card and 25K on the personal card - 30K total MQMs) Never a problem over the past several years.
Old May 1, 2008, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, A+Elite, Marriott Gold
I did get 30,000 MQM each from personal and business cards in 2007, total of 60,000 MQM-that was how I made Platinum.
Old May 1, 2008, 4:48 pm

Thanks, I just called DL and they said that yes, I should and should have been receiving miles boosts on both my personal and business cards. They've been playing games with these MQMs for a long time. For instance:

- They will hold my point award for manual review, then not manually review it until I call them and initiate an investigation. This has happened at least 3 times.

- Last month they stripped off my miles boost (after a "manual review" I mention above) and I am credited with 10,000 miles less than my paper statement shows and no MQMs. I do not have another personal card so the boost should not have been taken away from me. So I now have to initiate another investigation to determine why the first investigation determined that I should not have received the MQMs.

- Last year my business MQMs failed to credit, so in Dec. I changed the SM number associated with the account. The MQMs were credited on my Dec. paper statement, even with no activity on the account in Dec. However, DL rejected the miles award due to a name mismatch. Once I changed my SM number back to what it was, the MQMs posted to my SM account. By this time it was Jan., so the MQMs counted for 2008 even though they were earned in 2007.
Old May 1, 2008, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Oh wait, it does say something new on the T&C about companion tix: "Additional restrictions apply. See Companion Certificate for details."

At least I can verify that it's for either FC or coach, domestic travel.
When I opened this account, I asked the AXP rep about fare classes (specifically A). She didn't know, checked with DAL, and supposedly that will be eligible--it better be, but we'll see when I actually get the certificate (the devil is always in the "details").

I will say that I ordered it Monday evening and it showed up on my doorstep just now in a UPS Priority package, less than 72 hours later.^

Make sure they link your Sky Miles number to the account. I noticed on my card a space for my Sky Miles number and nothing below it. I called and gave it to them, but they didn't have it automatically linked, and it wasn't discussed when I went through the application process.

Last edited by atl runner; May 1, 2008 at 6:08 pm
Old May 1, 2008, 5:52 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
got our new cards today too. no mention of any special benefits, other than what's been posted on here and on Amex.com.
Old May 1, 2008, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
I'm curious, how's the new livery look on the card since us Gold and Platinum DL Amex cardholders still have the clear wavy gravy cards?
Old May 2, 2008, 6:30 am

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
I'm curious, how's the new livery look on the card since us Gold and Platinum DL Amex cardholders still have the clear wavy gravy cards?
Looks just like this...

https://www124.americanexpress.com/c...e=deltareserve
Old May 2, 2008, 6:39 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by atl runner
Make sure they link your Sky Miles number to the account. I noticed on my card a space for my Sky Miles number and nothing below it. I called and gave it to them, but they didn't have it automatically linked, and it wasn't discussed when I went through the application process.
As soon as I did this, my delta.com account went from not showing the "reserve status" to showing it. That was clearly why it wasn't showing it before--nothing about a Saturday night sweep. The accounts simply weren't linked.
Old May 2, 2008, 9:32 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
We'll have to see where Reserve factors into the upgrade hierarchy. If it does have a discernible effect, then that could change my opinion.
This might tip the scales for me as well. I prefer CRC membership to Reserve (access to WCs and PCs, and free WiFi at CRCs). And I wouldn't want to pay $175 for my wife's card, although I hear that I can leave her with a Delta Platinum Amex (but wouldn't that be $135?).

One thing that would be nice would be the flexibility to give MQMs to somebody else (like my wife or son), if it is clear that I'm going to requalify for PM without my mileage boosts (would have last year and likely again this year).
Old May 2, 2008, 12:23 pm

Curiously, my SM number wasn't printed on my card either, though it obviously is linked to my SM account because "reserve" is listed on my account as you describe. I supplied my SM number when I applied. Glad to know that doesn't mean that something is set up wrong.
Old May 2, 2008, 12:26 pm

Additional DL SM plat cards are free; only an additional Reserve card costs $175. A new PRIMARY DL SM plat card would cost $135. I went ahead and paid $175 for an additional Reserve card for my wife so my entire family of 5 could be admitted to the CRC when we travel together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.