Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta Reserve card from American Express.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2008, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by jtrue28
They've also already added "Delta Reserve" to my SkyMiles account...next to the Medallion status.
I'm curious as to how it is listed on your SM account.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 7:29 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
I'm curious as to how it is listed on your SM account.
Silver Medallion® | Delta Reserve

Up in the left hand corner right below my mileage balance.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 7:54 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2 Million Miler, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President’s Club

And this seems to continue to confirm what every AmEx agent has told me regarding the Reserve card and Medallion upgrades. That is, Reserve cardholders will clear first within their status. I still wonder if that means GM #1 (Reserve) on a T fare clears before GM #2 (non-Reserve) on a Q fare???
Old Apr 29, 2008, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by brown069
And this seems to continue to confirm what every AmEx agent has told me regarding the Reserve card and Medallion upgrades. That is, Reserve cardholders will clear first within their status. I still wonder if that means GM #1 (Reserve) on a T fare clears before GM #2 (non-Reserve) on a Q fare???
We'll have to see where Reserve factors into the upgrade hierarchy. If it does have a discernible effect, then that could change my opinion.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 8:49 pm

seems like it will be pretty hard to determine who is Reserve and whether or not they "trumped" the same tier medallion on a higher class fare. I'll be anxious to see if "Reserve" is on my boarding pass in July....
Old Apr 30, 2008, 8:38 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond

How long did it take between the time you requested the DL Reserve card upgrade and the "Reserve" addition appearing on your SM account?

Can we assume this is how the CRC will allow access if you do not have a regular CRC membership?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by BDLMSYDL
How long did it take between the time you requested the DL Reserve card upgrade and the "Reserve" addition appearing on your SM account?

Can we assume this is how the CRC will allow access if you do not have a regular CRC membership?
Called on Friday 25th....when I logged in on Sunday 27th...my account had been updated. Amex phone rep said I should get the card sometime before May 9th. She said I can't get into the CRC until I get the card, so makes me think that Delta will not print any sort of "Reserve" wording on the boarding passes.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Delta Reserve was indeed printed on my boarding pass, so it appears that it might well factor into upgrades... didn't help me though, as GM reserve wasn't enough to get an upgrade on either segment of my flights last weekend.

On a different note, I notice a few people claiming that 50K of spending on a personal Plat SM card + 50K on a business Plat SM card would net 40K bonus miles. For each of the last 3 years, I have been limited to 20K bonus miles under just this scenario. Can someone confirm that they actually got all 4 miles boosts, or is this just speculation?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 5:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by safigan
Can someone confirm that they actually got all 4 miles boosts, or is this just speculation?
Some posters indicated receiving both personal and business mile boosts in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638903 (see last few pages). I don't have both cards so can't confirm personally.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 5:47 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by safigan
Delta Reserve was indeed printed on my boarding pass, so it appears that it might well factor into upgrades... didn't help me though, as GM reserve wasn't enough to get an upgrade on either segment of my flights last weekend.
My assumption is that "reserve" is noted on the BP for the CRC benefit.
Old May 1, 2008, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Called on Friday 25th....when I logged in on Sunday 27th...my account had been updated. Amex phone rep said I should get the card sometime before May 9th. She said I can't get into the CRC until I get the card, so makes me think that Delta will not print any sort of "Reserve" wording on the boarding passes.
I applied (and was approved) by phone on Monday evening and there is not yet a mention of 'reserve" on my account as of Thrusday afternoon. It might be one of those Saturday night sweep update things that you caught just right, or maybe you just have more clout than me.
Old May 1, 2008, 2:53 pm

I'm willing to bet it's the Saturday evening updates. Have you logged into your AMEX account? This may also be a weekly update, not sure though.
Old May 1, 2008, 2:57 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum
no one knows more about the free companion first class coupon? Can someone who has received their packet shed some light? Specific fare classes required, what bucket do the companion seats come from, etc.
Old May 1, 2008, 3:29 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Approved via phone on Tuesday. AMEX agreed to send the card out in 48-72 hrs. The rep said that an upgrade of the Delta Skymiles plat card would be 5K MQM's so I opted to open a new account for 10K MQM's (after the firsr purchase).
The rep also stated that I could open up a reserve card for my business account for another 10K MQM's
Old May 1, 2008, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
I received my packet but it actually says less about the benefits than what I've already read here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.