Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta Reserve card from American Express.

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2008, 3:51 pm

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by atl runner
Thanks JoeFlyer. Am I correct in assuming you mean "posted within one week" from the date/posting of the first purchase?
Yes, it was within one week of the first purchase. It was a new card Delta Am Ex Reserve Business.

On my personal Delta Am Ex Reserve that I upgraded from Platinum, it did not post within one week after the first purchase. There may be a longer delay if you upgraded your card?
Old May 8, 2008, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond
OK, I just read the entire 14 page thread and I didn't see the answer to this question:

If I receive 15K MQM by charging 30K...can I split the 15K between my husband and myself? Or is it all or none to donate MQMs?
Old May 8, 2008, 4:30 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2 Million Miler, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by BunnieGene
OK, I just read the entire 14 page thread and I didn't see the answer to this question:

If I receive 15K MQM by charging 30K...can I split the 15K between my husband and myself? Or is it all or none to donate MQMs?
Well, that does it. You just blew my mind.
Old May 8, 2008, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Question for you, are you traveling enough to need the benefgits of elite status? Especially since there are very limited international benefits. It also works for you because you have flexible travel schedule. The vast majority of SMers are more specific with desired travel dates.
Limited international benefits? Only on BE flights. The poster travels to Costa Rica, and that is a market with relatively easy medallion upgrades on any paid fare. And any medallion status tends to make the airport experience easier... medallion check-in lines, and you will never be in Zone 7 for boarding.
Old May 8, 2008, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Limited international benefits? Only on BE flights. The poster travels to Costa Rica, and that is a market with relatively easy medallion upgrades on any paid far
The way I was looking at that post was from Malta. I was assuming Malta-Atlanta-Costa Rica. The longer flight being the "limited international benefits."
Old May 8, 2008, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
The way I was looking at that post was from Malta. I was assuming Malta-Atlanta-Costa Rica. The longer flight being the "limited international benefits."
No question that DL indeed provides limited benefits between Malta and Atlanta!
Old May 10, 2008, 4:47 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Originally Posted by BunnieGene

According to Delta's website, you have to gift the entire 15K MQMs to the same person, or keep them for yourself. I would imagine that if you think you'll spend $60K then you could just gift 15K and keep the other 15K, as long as you think you'll fly enough on top of that.
Old May 10, 2008, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

I am sure this has been covered in this long thread, but do you get 15K MQM for every $30,000 spent or is this limited to the first $60,000 (that is, two 15K MQM bonuses)?

Also, if you get a second card for your spouse, does the spouse card also show up as a "Reserve" member?
Old May 10, 2008, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Thanks jtrue...guess he'll have to get his own card/account

I am sure this has been covered in this long thread, but do you get 15K MQM for every $30,000 spent or is this limited to the first $60,000 (that is, two 15K MQM bonuses)?

Also, if you get a second card for your spouse, does the spouse card also show up as a "Reserve" member?
My hubby isn't showing as "Reserve" on Delta's site.
Old May 10, 2008, 7:21 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat

My wifes card does not and will not have her SkyMiles number listed on it or linked to her account. The reason for this is that all miles earned will go to my account. The card will get her into the CRC. So having the Reserve status listed on her account is not really a factor.

There is no limit on the number of 15k MQMs that you will earn for $30k in spend.

The Reserve card will not help your status on the upgrade list.
Old May 11, 2008, 9:08 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Tomphot
There is no limit on the number of 15k MQMs that you will earn for $30k in spend.
From the application page:

Unparalleled Built-in Miles BoostSM — earn up to 30,000 MQMs and 30,000 bonus milesII
Old May 11, 2008, 3:12 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by DiverDave
From the application page:

Unparalleled Built-in Miles BoostSM — earn up to 30,000 MQMs and 30,000 bonus milesII
OK - I had Amex on the phone and asked if there was a max on the MQMs - I was told there was no limit.
I guess this card is so new that they don't have the correct answers yet to our questions.
Old May 11, 2008, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Do we know for sure if CRC access includes internet?

I received my new Reserve card yesterday. The folder that the card was attached to mentioned "Free Crown Room Club Access." Under that, it said "From Wi-Fi access and satellite TV to fully stocked bars, now you and two guests can experience the ultimate in comfort as you wait for you next Delta flight in the Crown Room Club."

We have discussed here the difference between CRC "access" and CRC "membership," principally that FREE wi-fi was a benefit of membership but not of access.

Although the paperwork accompanying the card touts wi-fi, among other aspects of the CRC, it does not specifically promise FREE wi-fi.

So I am wondering if anyone has actually asked for free wi-fi after gaining access to the CRC with the Reserve card, and what the response was.
Old May 11, 2008, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by DLFan2
Although the paperwork accompanying the card touts wi-fi, among other aspects of the CRC, it does not specifically promise FREE wi-fi.
In post #89 amps's DL e-mail shows in the terms and conditions.
Note that amenities may vary among airport club locations and free Wi-Fi amenity is not included.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=89
Old May 12, 2008, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Most of us are fairly certain that Reserve does not include free wi-fi in the CRCs.

Now another clarification: the 5% discount on DL tickets is only for the Reserve Business card, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.