Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

In-Flight WiFi Internet Service Aboard Delta Air Lines Aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In-Flight WiFi Internet Service Aboard Delta Air Lines Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:17 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone
MD-88 - 44 aircraft (out of 113 MD-88's)
MD-90 - 1 aircraft (out of 16 MD-90's)
Boeing 757-200 - 5 aircraft (out of 128 Boeing 757-200's)
Thank you for the update.

Are the domestic 763s on the list for this upgrade?

Thank you,
David
Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Thank you for the update.

Are the domestic 763s on the list for this upgrade?

Thank you,
David
Delta has said that every aircraft in the MD-88, MD-90, 737, 752 and 763 domestic fleets will be fitted with Wi-Fi and the A319/320 will start in late 2009/2010.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:37 am

Programs: SkyMiles Diamond Reserve, Starwood Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
Yep, I used the Wi-Fi from ATL-EWR last week, and it worked without a hitch. A quick, DSL-like connection with seemingly no issues, even with my Mac. Now if only they'd start comping it for F passengers and PM/GM/SM's (or at least provide a few coupons, like the beverage ones we get).

Last edited by jomomojo; Mar 16, 2009 at 8:38 am Reason: Mistakenly wrote IFE instead of Wi-Fi
Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by jomomojo
even with my Mac.
LOL, you say that like its some sort of surprise.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:27 pm

is it free???
Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by krnboitae
is it free???
Definitely not.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:28 am

Programs: Delta, AirTran
Originally Posted by krnboitae
is it free???
It's not Southwest
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:29 am

Programs: Delta, AirTran
Originally Posted by seacruiser
I have used it Three times and never had a disconnect. The speed was more than I expected.
Since they are listing the wifi availability by tail # and not flight/city pairs, do you only find out there is wifi when you step on the plane?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:47 am

I assume they are blocking VOIP on this? Has anyone tried to use an SSH tunnel to get around these restrictions?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by fatneko
Since they are listing the wifi availability by tail # and not flight/city pairs, do you only find out there is wifi when you step on the plane?
There is a sticker to the right of the boarding door, so this is how you will know. As for city pairs, most of my Shuttle flights have had them, but I don't use it (short flight, no desire).
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: DL-PM/R, 1985 US
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
There is a sticker to the right of the boarding door, so this is how you will know. As for city pairs, most of my Shuttle flights have had them, but I don't use it (short flight, no desire).
I've said this before and I'll say it again:
It would be very nice to know ahead of time if there will be GoGo on a flight.
Understanding that there are difficulties with that, even an announcement by the GA during pre-boarding would be really helpful... also easy and cheap.

Assuming that Delta is getting part of the revenue from the service, I would be inclined to choose my flights with attention paid to which hardware has the service. That would make me happy and it would translate into more rev for Delta.

Granted, it would be REALLY nice if it was free for elites and F, but even a discount or pre-purchase plan for time would be appreciated.

Anyone at Delta listening?
I'm excited about the service and I hope we can get a little more heads-up as the system becomes more available.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:29 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Had wifi on my CVG-BWI trip late Sat. night on a 737. Worked great - good speed and was even able to login to my Slingbox at home and watch the Pitt-Nova game with minimal distortion of the picture. Now granted the plane was only about 20% full and I was one of only 2 people in First so probably were not many people who paid for a short flight. I did just to see how it worked. Very excited to be able to use my Slingbox in flight to watch tv. Probably won't pay again on a short (less than 2 hr) flight, but may on a long-haul.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Schark
Assuming that Delta is getting part of the revenue from the service, I would be inclined to choose my flights with attention paid to which hardware has the service. That would make me happy and it would translate into more rev for Delta.
There are way too many aircraft swaps to make this practical much earlier than day of travel. For now, if you want wifi on Delta pick an MD-88 route: well more than half of that type is fitted.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 12:28 am

Programs: DELTA
Cool WiFi on Delta: Surfing "Privacy" Guard

If any PAX sitting next to me using the new Delta Wi-Fi service pulls this "privacy" curtain over themselves... I'm going to request that the FA move me! LOL!!!

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/f...opheadsock.jpg

-A
Old Apr 3, 2009, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Poopdeck90210
If any PAX sitting next to me using the new Delta Wi-Fi service pulls this "privacy" curtain over themselves... I'm going to request that the FA move me! LOL!!!

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/f...opheadsock.jpg

-A
That person doesnt know how to properly wear a Snuggie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.