Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

In-Flight WiFi Internet Service Aboard Delta Air Lines Aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In-Flight WiFi Internet Service Aboard Delta Air Lines Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2010, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hertz Gold PC
"has limited availability"

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I did not really want to start a new one for a quick question....

I noticed yesterday that my normal option to renew my mobile unlimited subscription to GoGO is gone. I was given the Daily Mobile option for 7.95 and the unlimited Monthly for pc / mobile access for 34.95, but not a monthly unlimited mobile device option.. it usually goes for 19.95...

Has this been eliminated? If so, that really sucks...
Gogo site says:
"Can be purchased inflight only where available."
Probably it just has limited availability or they are trying to withdraw it.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 8:56 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by inno.SAN-ICN
Gogo site says:
Probably it just has limited availability or they are trying to withdraw it.
Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2010, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, PC PM, MR LTP, HH DM
Pricing options

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
....I noticed yesterday that my normal option to renew my mobile unlimited subscription to GoGO is gone. I was given the Daily Mobile option for 7.95 and the unlimited Monthly for pc / mobile access for 34.95, but not a monthly unlimited mobile device option.. it usually goes for 19.95...Has this been eliminated? If so, that really sucks...
Checked out the pricing page; It shows your $19.95 for mobile devices as an option for "In-Flight Purchases", all the way at the bottom of the purchase options.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
I notice that the Delta blog talks about the domestic fleet. Does this mean that there is no wifi available at all on international flights?
Old Nov 21, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by rkchua
I notice that the Delta blog talks about the domestic fleet. Does this mean that there is no wifi available at all on international flights?
Delta/GoGo uses ground towers and EvDO (3G technology, as cellphones use), so it can't continue once a flight gets well over water. Satellite connection needed for that. There are some flights, like ATL>STT>ATL where service runs for an hour or two while the craft is reasonably close to the coast, but is absent the rest of the time.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Both ATL/NAS and ATL/BZE worked both directions near the coast. ATL-NAS worked actually most of the way.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
When will the CRJ-700s be outfitted with wifi capability? Are there any that have it now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.