Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

In-Flight WiFi Internet Service Aboard Delta Air Lines Aircraft

Old Jan 18, 2009, 12:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, Delta Reserve, Hilton Diamond

.....but have found it twice on other carriers.

Any idea what the status is of implementing this? Do they release information on which planes have it?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Are you looking to start a stampede in short-selling of Aircell?

If DL is making proper progress on 300+ aircraft by mid-year, it would seem a true frequent flyer (if on the correct type of aircraft) would find one fairly soon.

If you just happen to frequent LAX-JFK and find wifi reliably on one of twelve AA 767-200s, good for you.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 1:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, Delta Reserve, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Are you looking to start a stampede in short-selling of Aircell?

If DL is making proper progress on 300+ aircraft by mid-year, it would seem a true frequent flyer (if on the correct type of aircraft) would find one fairly soon.

If you just happen to frequent LAX-JFK and find wifi reliably on one of twelve AA 767-200s, good for you.
A rather wordy way of saying "I don't know", dontcha think?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
I was on an MD88 last week it had wifi but only a 45 minute flight though so I didn't try it. There is a logo right near the boarding door that says WIFI.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 2:49 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
They were doing the MD-88s first, right?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by TTT
They were doing the MD-88s first, right?
Yep...and I haven't seen one yet either.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)
I had it on my ATL-BUF-ATL flights last week. I bought it since I needed to check in (was on a same-day turn MR). It worked on the return flight as well (same plane).
Old Jan 18, 2009, 4:21 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by discstickers
I had it on my ATL-BUF-ATL flights last week. I bought it since I needed to check in (was on a same-day turn MR). It worked on the return flight as well (same plane).
I have done a MR with DL with a same-plane turnaround in SEA and just checked in at the gate when I arrived.

Same with three back-to-back MR flights into and out of YYZ earlier this month - just checked in once at my destination. One time we were over 6 hours late and I still could check in once I arrived.

Great that you were able to check in online but not sure that is necessary 99% of the time. I certainly would not pay for the over-priced wifi just to check in (but then I am very frugal).
Old Jan 18, 2009, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)
Originally Posted by fti
I have done a MR with DL with a same-plane turnaround in SEA and just checked in at the gate when I arrived.

Same with three back-to-back MR flights into and out of YYZ earlier this month - just checked in once at my destination. One time we were over 6 hours late and I still could check in once I arrived.

Great that you were able to check in online but not sure that is necessary 99% of the time. I certainly would not pay for the over-priced wifi just to check in (but then I am very frugal).
Ya, I just wanted an excuse to get the wifi
Old Jan 18, 2009, 7:20 pm

Programs: 1st Class Only
Originally Posted by indufan
Yep...and I haven't seen one yet either.
Flew ATL-JAX on 12/27 on MD88 with Wi-Fi. I thought it read somewhere it was going to be free until 1/1 but the FA didn't have any info on that. I was able to connect just fine and go to the free sites (DL.COM, etc.) without any problem. So the hardware worked fine, but the pricing, $12.95/day I think, is totally insane.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I was on a MD-88 MCO-BOS last month that had it.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 5:04 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mesabadad
Flew ATL-JAX on 12/27 on MD88 with Wi-Fi. I thought it read somewhere it was going to be free until 1/1 but the FA didn't have any info on that. I was able to connect just fine and go to the free sites (DL.COM, etc.) without any problem. So the hardware worked fine, but the pricing, $12.95/day I think, is totally insane.
DL.com is free? Do you recall the other free sites?
Old Jan 19, 2009, 6:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Most of the shuttle flights I've been on have featured it (hard to justify $9.95 for about 17-20 minutes of use), but none of the other MD88s I've taken have had it. I kind of enjoy the mandatory reading/personal time rather than being on the computer.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 10:17 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I hope I don't see it anytime either.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:05 pm

Programs: Delta GM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Priority Plat, Avis Prez
Originally Posted by discstickers
I was able to connect just fine and go to the free sites (DL.COM, etc.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.