Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Long Layover at Atlanta (ATL): What to Do? Where to Eat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long Layover at Atlanta (ATL): What to Do? Where to Eat?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
If you are looking for food outside of the SkyClubs, my personaly favorite that I often book a little extra ground time for is the bookstore/cafe at the B concourse crossing. Their black bean burger is really nice and not all that unhealthy with the greek side salad. A nice place, quick service and a seat by the window lets you watch the Delta-oiled-machine at work.

Second on my list would be a trip into the new F councourse. It is nice to see!
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
There is always the chance that you will be able to say "Boy, I'm glad that I still have 90 minutes left" after your inbound plane lands 2 hours late.
or lands on time but circumstances are that there is no gate available for 2 hours.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: DL Medialia Platina
Originally Posted by The_Rockaway_Kid
Greetings!

So, I will be traveling through Atlanta airport, and I have been blessed with a 3.5-hour layover from 1030 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Any suggestions on things to do during this time?
a few ideas:
  • Get your exercise in: walk from your arrival concourse to the base of the Baggage Claim escalators, then walk all the way to concourse F (walkway between E and F is at gate E-20ish), and then back to your original concourse -- all in all, about 3 miles. Walk from the end of that loop to your departure concourse for more Medallion Walking Miles. Walking on the moving sidewalks doesn't count.
  • Eat lunch at One Flew South in concourse E. It's not cheap, even for concessions at ATL, but worth it.
  • Get the Atlanta history lesson in 1000 feet in the tunnel between concourses B and C (start from B).
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
OFS is a good option. For something cheaper, you could go to Chick-Fil-A if it's not Sunday and you don't object to their politics and religion.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Mar 31, 2013 at 5:42 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: Delta Sky Miles
+1 for Chick-Fil-A, being from CT I don't get to one often but whenever I get the chance I go.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Krystal Burgers in A!

Cheers
Old Mar 31, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Spondivits

Has anybody on here ever eaten in there? If so, is it any good? Their on-line menu looks pretty promising.

http://www.spondivits.net/our-menu/

The Delta flight attendants we met during road warrior training said that it was a regular hang-out for Delta people (it is just down the street from the Hilton Hotel and Delta HQ on Virginia Avenue).
Old Mar 31, 2013, 9:24 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Darien Red Sox
+1 for Chick-Fil-A, being from CT I don't get to one often but whenever I get the chance I go.
Is CFA open yet? The temp kiosk in C doesn't sell nuggets which are my addiction.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
If you've got the time, and you'll need it, Pit Boss BBQ on Virginia Ave by the airport is amazing! Lines do get long during the lunch rush, but its so worth the wait.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:26 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sky303
If you've got the time, and you'll need it, Pit Boss BBQ on Virginia Ave by the airport is amazing! Lines do get long during the lunch rush, but its so worth the wait.
I wouldn't leave the airport with three and a half hours, especially to stand in a long line for food and then need to call a taxi to return to the terminal (and stand in line again for TSA security, etc.).
Old Apr 1, 2013, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I wouldn't leave the airport with three and a half hours, especially to stand in a long line for food and then need to call a taxi to return to the terminal (and stand in line again for TSA security, etc.).
I wasn't addressing that poster's concern. This is a general thread, not a single-issue one.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by sky303
I wasn't addressing that poster's concern. This is a general thread, not a single-issue one.
It was before it was merged into this megathread.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It was before it was merged into this megathread.
Seeing the Spondivit's thing, I assumed it was a general thread...now it actually is one. Also, CTFD.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by gooselee
What exactly are you looking to do? You can get a nice lunch at One Flew South in E.
^^^
Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: I don't travel anymore
3:18 layover at ATL...what to do?

Not quite as good as my "4:20 layover in AMS..." thread, but have a 3:18 hour layover at ATL. Any suggestions? Even if it's just staying at the airport, what are the best food/drink spots?

I'm not opposed to drinking that entire time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.