Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Long Layover at Atlanta (ATL): What to Do? Where to Eat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long Layover at Atlanta (ATL): What to Do? Where to Eat?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
With their stance on gay people I don't know if that's the best restaurant to support.
Take this right on over to OMNI/PR....
Old Aug 18, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: Delta Plt,American Lifetime Platinum
Smile one flew south in terminal E

Great place to the left of the information booth:
)Wooden lattice type blinds:
Great food and terrific servers:
Old Aug 18, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: DL DM
NOTHING beats Chick-Fil-A. I couldn't care less about their politics...they make a mean chicken sandwich.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 9:46 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DLB404
No go CMK10. I guess you have not eaten your good cheap Mexican food at ATL lately. OTB has been gone for a few months at least!
Nooooooooo! You're right though, it has been a while, I hit them in January and then again in March and not since.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
ATL F (Int'l) terminal on long-layover flight

Flying MSP-ATL in the evening then on to BZE the following day. Will retrieve baggage and leave the ATL airport for a few hours of sleep.

When we come back for our BZE flight, do we re-check our bag in the domestic terminal since our flight originated domestically or head to F since it's a new day?

Confused more than usual on this one and I believe I'm about due for a drink.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 4:03 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Check in and check your bag at F if you're flying to an int'l destination. That's what has been reported here.

Also, your flight will likely leave from E or F (it's E8 today), so you might as well be closer!

Also, here's a copy and paste from Delta.com's flight status page:

New International Terminal at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson
Beginning May 16, 2012, Atlanta's new international terminal will be open for international arrivals and departures. If the first city on your itinerary is not a U.S. destination you should check in at the international terminal. Please note that access to this terminal is via I-75 (follow new signage). Airport map, shuttle schedule, and other information is available on our full advisory

edited add . . . . Be sure to try out the new SkyClub in terminal F. It's very nice!

Last edited by davetravels; Aug 21, 2012 at 5:14 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 21, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Others have reported F SC being very crowded and E being empty but I've only seen the opposite.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Others have reported F SC being very crowded and E being empty but I've only seen the opposite.
I have seen both clubs equally as crowded and trashy as any other SkyClubdaycarecenter.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
You can check in at whichever terminal is more convenient for you. Everything is connected airside.

The only time you have to check in at the international terminal is if your airline only has desks there and you need to drop a bag and/or get a boarding pass.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:05 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bennos
You can check in at whichever terminal is more convenient for you. Everything is connected airside.

The only time you have to check in at the international terminal is if your airline only has desks there and you need to drop a bag and/or get a boarding pass.
So, the original Delta international check-in counters in the old check-in area are still there and open for business?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:07 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Depending on how long you need to stay, you may want to consider Minute Suites - located int he airport

http://minutesuites.com/
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by nogophers
Flying MSP-ATL in the evening then on to BZE the following day. Will retrieve baggage and leave the ATL airport for a few hours of sleep.

When we come back for our BZE flight, do we re-check our bag in the domestic terminal since our flight originated domestically or head to F since it's a new day?

Confused more than usual on this one and I believe I'm about due for a drink.
Are you sure your bags will come out? Do you ask for them not to be tagged all the way to BZE?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by nogophers
I believe that the rule regarding domestic/international is defined as "if your flight departing ATL is to another US city (regardless of any other flights on the same ticket/itinerary) then you use the domestic terminal. If you are departing ATL directly to an international destination then you use the international terminal."

I am quite confident that your bags will come up in the domestic baggage claim, but should be checked in at the international terminal. However, there have been conflicting reports about being able to check-in (and check bags) at either terminal, regardless of whether your destination is domestic or international. If your hotel can take you to the international terminal, I would do that. If not, it can't hurt to try checking your bags in the domestic terminal.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
One Flew South during 2 hr layover?

Sorry if this has been asked - searched for One Flew South and OFS in the thread and didn't come up with anything.

We have a 2 hour layover in ATL this evening and would love to head to OFS for a sit-down dinner. Does that seem like enough time to get in and out of there?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: IHG-Spire, DL-Gold, MR-Platinum, HH-Gold, SPG-Gold, Hyatt-Diamond, BA-Silver
Wirelessly posted (Galaxy S2: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; SGH-T989 Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Enough for a meal, tight if you want to savor a wine or two. After all it is a restaurant right there, so you can establish a cut off and adhere to it. If it gets late, you can always get up a leave. But 1 hour for a meal at OFS is enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.