Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Long Layover at Atlanta (ATL): What to Do? Where to Eat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long Layover at Atlanta (ATL): What to Do? Where to Eat?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
Another FO being treated w such disrespect!

For one more ATL food recommendation, I had dinner at Ecco Sunday and it was very good. I know it's a sister restaurant to their midtown location, but they really missed out by not branding this one Ecco on Foxtrot.

Too bad I missed the FT party in the SkyClub, we skipped it in lieu of a decent glass of wine. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...nge-guest.html
Isn't FO the new kettle?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:07 pm

If you have a long layover, take the MARTA City train from the Baggage Claim areas on the Northbound Doraville train, to the Lenox Station, follow the signs to the Mall exit of the station. When are above ground, there is a wonderful Houston's restaurant across the street. if you want to shop, there is Lenox Square Mall and Phipps Plaza offer high end and medium end shopping, across the street also, entrance through the JW Marriott. 25 min train ride each way. HAVE FUN! Don't stay in the airport! Get Out!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BuckheadGuy
If you have a long layover, take the MARTA City train from the Baggage Claim areas on the Northbound Doraville train, to the Lenox Station, follow the signs to the Mall exit of the station. When are above ground, there is a wonderful Houston's restaurant across the street. if you want to shop, there is Lenox Square Mall and Phipps Plaza offer high end and medium end shopping, across the street also, entrance through the JW Marriott. 25 min train ride each way. HAVE FUN! Don't stay in the airport! Get Out!
+1, but I would go one stop further to Brookhaven/Oglethorpe and eat at Valencia or Haven...or my house . Also at Phipps, the Tavern provides some pretty good pub food and Twist has some awesome tapas (but both are on the louder side, if you're not one for noise).
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by sky303
+1, but I would go one stop further to Brookhaven/Oglethorpe and eat at Valencia or Haven...or my house . Also at Phipps, the Tavern provides some pretty good pub food and Twist has some awesome tapas (but both are on the louder side, if you're not one for noise).
Ahh, another PDK'er!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
Ahh, another PDK'er!
Yea, if I had the big bucks I'd never have to go down to that airport in College Park!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Now you can partake in 5 Guys Burgers as one just opened on concourse D.
Concourse D seems to have very little foot traffic everytime I'm there. Surprised anything new would open up in there.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by sky303
Yea, if I had the big bucks I'd never have to go down to that airport in College Park!
I hear ya.

I was hoping that these guys would get build some routes out of PDK...if they went RT between PDK and BHM, I'd be flying them every week.

But looking at their spring route maps, it kind of feels like they're getting ready to pull out of the Atlanta market...
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:08 am
Used to be hamajicky

Originally Posted by fsquid
Concourse D seems to have very little foot traffic everytime I'm there. Surprised anything new would open up in there.
5 guys is good for the WN/FL crowd...
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
I hear ya.

I was hoping that these guys would get build some routes out of PDK...if they went RT between PDK and BHM, I'd be flying them every week.

But looking at their spring route maps, it kind of feels like they're getting ready to pull out of the Atlanta market...
Yea, I heard of em. Too bad start-ups like that rarely do well these days, it seems.

While I'm at school, I'm based out of PHF which means CR2s, but direct. I'm looking at transferring to another school (that pretty much everyone considers a downgrade) that would base me at GFK, meaning a necessary CR2 connection in MSP to get home. Not looking forward to it. At least ATL-BHM gets mainline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.