Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Long Layover at Atlanta (ATL): What to Do? Where to Eat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long Layover at Atlanta (ATL): What to Do? Where to Eat?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2002, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Best places to eat in ATL

Where is the best place to stop and have a bite in ATL?

------------------
onic
http://www.aircraftpics.net
"Life Is A Journey Not A Guided Tour"
Old Apr 4, 2002, 10:32 am
Suspended

Inside ATL:
TGI Fridays, Concourse B

Outside ATL:
Fat Matt's Rib Shack, Midtown/Buckhead

Old Apr 4, 2002, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
There's a FT Dining area where you might get better responses.

Best off-airport food at ATL:

Barbecue Kitchen, Virginia Avenue near Holiday Inn (no CC, cash only) meat and three with free re-orders on veggies. A quick cab ride from terminal.

In the terminals: Friday's or Chili's. Houlihans is okay but slow, slow, slow.

Old Apr 4, 2002, 11:44 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Wall Street Deli is my favorite ...
Old Apr 4, 2002, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Beckles, what terminal are they located in?

------------------
onic
http://www.aircraftpics.net
"Life Is A Journey Not A Guided Tour"
Old Apr 4, 2002, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Wall Street Deli is in the food court at the center of Concourse A. Right next to it is a good "southern food" type place, but for the life of me I can't remember the name. When you find wall street deli, it's just a booth or two down to the left. It is ESPECIALLY good if you're in ATL for breakfast time.
Old Apr 4, 2002, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Assuming you are not talking about airport food, I'd give the following suggestions:

Brasserie Le Coze - owned by the same people as Le Bernandin (sp?) in NYC. Located at Lenox Mall (but not you're typical mall restaurant.)

Anis Bistro - real French people work here, which may or may not be a good thing but that is rare for the South! Located in Buckhead.

Floataway Cafe - Upscale fusion food. Located near Emory University. If you have more time (& money) and a reservation, try Bacchanalia, which has the same owners.

Joel - Hmmm... another French restaurant (There is a theme here it seems!) Very trendy at the moment.

Eatzis - An upscale take-out chain store. Very good if you are in a hurry and have a car. Located in Buckhead.
Old Apr 4, 2002, 3:39 pm
Original Member

Le Coze at Lenox is easily accessible from MARTA.

If you're leaving the airport, though, there is a new restaurant (<1 year) in downtown College Park (yes, one MARTA stop away) just a short walk from the station.

Andy's or something (a single name) which is in a dilapidated downtown strip in College Park but is apparently so busy you can barely get in.

Sorry I don't have the name but it's supposedly terrific!

The name of the restaurant for Southern food (meat and 3) is Paschal's

JL
Old Apr 5, 2002, 2:17 am

I really like the Buckhead Diner. You can get to it by riding the MARTA to either the Buckhead or Lennox station. It is located off of Piedmont. They have such wonderful things as veil meatloaf, home made potato chips with bleu cheese, fabulous fish, etc. The service is excellent and efficient. There is often a wait.
Old Apr 6, 2002, 6:10 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by onic:
Where is the best place to stop and have a bite in ATL?</font>
I assume you mean at the airport?

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/concffx/conc2.cfm

Here are my favs:
Atrium: The Atlanta Bread Co.
T: Don't really ever visit
A: Great Wraps (we (airport employees) get a 15% discount)
B: Benjamin Books & Café (a healthy serving of various types of pasta and a choice o large sandwhich w/o a drink for $6.88)
C: Wendy's (b/c sometimes you just want a Frosty)
D: Never venture out there
E: Mandarin Express (their b'fast is great for $3.13 (and the line for B.K. is always a mile long too))

So.....there are my choices. When/if I get a chance to have a sit down meal w/ friends, we usually just go to TGI Fridays (B) or Chili's (on A).

------------------
The information I provide is in no way the authoritative voice of Delta. I do not work for Corporate Communications, nor in Customer Care. I do not represent the final word for Delta when asked a question. I simply try to answer questions to the best of my knowledge, and try to direct people to the correct answer and/or point them in the right direction to find that answer. If you want to double check my answers, please E-Mail Delta Customer Care or just send an e-mail to: [email protected]

Thank you for letting me participate.
Old Apr 7, 2002, 12:29 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Had to spend a night at ATL. .Marriott a few months ago--Barbeque restaurant was decent --& the servers were exceptionally nice. Big-screen TVs for all of Altanta-based sports. All in all, a nice experience.
Old Apr 7, 2002, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
If we had a moderator on this board, they would have moved this thread to either the FT Dining, or if they so determine the question concerns Hartsfield, the FT Airports forum. Of course we all know where onic will receive the best responses.

When we do get a moderator, I hope that Randy is wise enough to choose one of our regulars who will use common sense and apply it to our posts.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 5:43 am

If you had to have a meal at the airport in Atlanta...

I haven't been to ATL in a long time and headed there this week - Where is a good place for dinner in the terminal ... of course after security.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 6:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
There's a restaurant in Terminal E in the center area (the food court's on the left, it's on the right). I haven't eaten there but the menu looks pretty good for airport food. Crab cakes and steaks and such, not too expensive. Good bar.

Several Chick-Fil-As, and at least one Atlanta Bread Company. Chili's in Terminal A.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 6:38 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
There's a restaurant in Terminal E in the center area (the food court's on the left, it's on the right). I haven't eaten there but the menu looks pretty good for airport food. Crab cakes and steaks and such, not too expensive. Good bar.

Several Chick-Fil-As, and at least one Atlanta Bread Company. Chili's in Terminal A.
For a second I thought this thread was on yet another Mini-Do that I was going to have to miss.
Back on topic, there is at least one Krystal in Terminals A/B.
Dining doesn’t get a whole lot better than that IMHO......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.