Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Long Layover at Atlanta (ATL): What to Do? Where to Eat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long Layover at Atlanta (ATL): What to Do? Where to Eat?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: Lowly DL FO, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Search One flew south on this forum....
The Duke of Bombay is correct. One Flew South has adequately been discussed on this forum. It opens at 11 am and you wont be dissapointed.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Search is your friend. Long thread on this just last month:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ggestions.html
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:13 pm
BHB

Programs: DL PM/SC, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
One Flew South
Your only choice, really. Excellent.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
One Flew South
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
One Flew South
Has anyone mentioned One Flew South yet?

Seriously, this is all you need to know.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
McDonald's or One Flew South
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
cafe intermezzo in B ain't terrible either if you don't want to go all the way to E
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
One flew South before my TPAC out of ATL is my standard routine.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
You can go to eat at Arby's, McDonalds, Japanese food, Wendy's and pizzas, too. Whether if you like to eat.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:07 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
One Flew South!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 2:49 am

ATL

ATL resto's what?

The apostrophe you use signifies possession, it does not pluralize resto/ restaurant.

Grammar.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
6 hours in ATL

Most of my layovers in ATL are more like 45 minutes, enough time to find a power outlet (at least there are a lot of them in ATL) for a quick battery boost and grab a sandwich.

Any suggestion on how to spend 6 hours in ATL? (Actually, probably about 5 from arrival to boarding for departure. Maybe a little less if it takes time to clear customs, arriving from CDG.)

We have access to Delta Skyclub and also Priority Pass Plus. Are any of the Skyclubs nicer than any others?

Anyplace to get a decent meal? Anything resembling shopping?

I doubt we'll want to leave the airport, since we'll get there around midnight CDG time.

Also, we both have NEXUS cards. Does anyone know if they work at GOES kiosks?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
If it was me, I'd hit the massage place on A concourse... get some footwork too... then, I would go E and to One Flew South for Sushi, a Martini, then a Martini, then Salmon hot Pot with a glass of nice wine, then a Sauterne... then go to the E Crown Room... charge up, grab shower, drink a few gin and tonics... with about 120 minutes before your flight, head over to the Hotel Suites place in A and rent a room for an hour... assuming your flying partner is... well, you know... you have a belly full of wine and are fresh showered... not gonna tell you what to do, but I know what I would do... then you head to the gate just in time to jump in your 1st class seat and keep that buzz a going....

Other than that, I have no idea what I would do...
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Spend most of your time in Terminal E (where you will be arriving). The SkyClub there is among the best (if not the best), there is a good restaurant called One Flew South, a food court, and quite a bit of shopping.

(Actually there are food courts and shopping in all the terminals.)

You can also do what I have done with a long stay in ATL -- go from terminal to terminal (by train) and have a drink in each of the SkyClubs.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
With 6 hours, you could conceivably leave the airport, ride MARTA downtown and do the CNN studio tour, Coke Museum, GA Aquarium, etc. (depending on what time in Atlanta you arrive).

If you choose to stay in the airport, you would have time to try out several of the SCs if you chose. You might take a look at the thread on here about the ATL SCs. I don't have a strong preference personally, but I have always enjoyed the E concourse SC (though it can get busy around the time of international arrivals and departures). When is this trip? If it's middle of May or later, the new F concourse SC will be open.

Food? Different on every concourse. If you're not from ATL or the South, many seem to seek out the Chik Fil A. If you're looking for something a bit more sit down, One Flew South is pretty good (can be a bit pricey), there is a Chilis, Atlanta Bread Company, etc.

Shopping? Also different on every concourse. Many higher end brands (Zegna, Ferragamo, etc.) Most of both shopping and dining is going to be relatively centrally located on each concourse around the escalators leading up from the trains. Recommendation: grab an airport map and see some of the airport to discover what's there.

Enjoy your time in our fair city!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.