Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Long Layover at Atlanta (ATL): What to Do? Where to Eat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long Layover at Atlanta (ATL): What to Do? Where to Eat?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
One Flew South is quite good. You might also consider some of the restaurants on the upper level of the F concourse. Food's not terrible, by airport standards, and you'll be given a cup for the Coke Freestyle machines (mix your own flavors) that you can refill all day if you so choose. If you don't have Sky Club access, depending on the time of day relative to outbound international flights, you might also have better luck finding power outlets on the F concourse, though in ATL this isn't so much of a problem on any of the concourses, especially if you're diligent about grabbing one right after an outbound flight has departed and the gate area is mostly empty.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I agree with One Flew South, which has a varied menu and is suitable for snacks or a real (gourmet/fine dining meal). They also have an interesting wine list, including by the glass.

Other local specialties are Chick-Fil-A and Varsity, although the latter is only for those with strong stomachs and big appetites.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:27 pm

I highly recommend one flew south. It is in terminal E, only one stop away from F... Its walking distance. The food is great. It is really the only decent food in the airport. However, there is a restaurant, the varsity, which is an southern institution that serves hotdogs. (but its not really a sit down and relax type of place. just quick good unhealthy food.) It is located in F)
Old Jul 23, 2012, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Y29M
1) Does anyone have any recommendations for the best places to eat within the terminal?
Food court of Terminal E. Should be quieter as well compared to the other terminals. Even if I have a domestic layover, I take the train to E for lunch or dinner.

Last edited by Dieuwer; Jul 24, 2012 at 12:47 pm
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:51 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
If you don't have too much hand-luggage, take a walk from T to F. It's good exercise, the pedestrian walkways don't have too much foot traffic, there are nice art exhibits, and displays of Atlanta history on the walls between some of the terminals.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, MR Platinum
I'm a big fan of Cafe Intermezzo at the center of Concourse B...and it's reasonably priced! I think it's one of the best kept secrets at ATL. The fried grits are good at Sojourners by E26, and you can also gamble and play Keno.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:52 pm
gsb

I also like the Pei Wei on the F concourse. It's the faster service version of P.F. Changs. I ate there last time I passed through Atlanta. It's good stuff.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I agree with One Flew South, which has a varied menu and is suitable for snacks or a real (gourmet/fine dining meal). They also have an interesting wine list, including by the glass.

Other local specialties are Chick-Fil-A and Varsity, although the latter is only for those with strong stomachs and big appetites.
Those would be my recommendations, though I would be more likely to hang out in the SC and drink. Not too much mind you. Only to excess. And who knows, you could get extremely lucky and glimpse the Duke of Bombay.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Thumbs up

Another vote for One Flew South in Terminal E.

Thyme Roasted Pork Belly
Black-eyed pea arugula salad, parsnip puree, blackberry-onion marmalade $18.00

is my favourite
Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:53 pm

Programs: DM, KM,
Originally Posted by mattyb2233
I highly recommend one flew south. It is in terminal E, only one stop away from F... Its walking distance. The food is great. It is really the only decent food in the airport. However, there is a restaurant, the varsity, which is an southern institution that serves hotdogs. (but its not really a sit down and relax type of place. just quick good unhealthy food.) It is located in F)
Not an Atlanta native, and def not a GT fan, but have lived here longer than anywhere else. The only time I ate at a Varsity restaurant, I had gallbladder surgery three days later. Choose something else--you'll thank me later!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
If you go for CFA, I'd head to the location in C-centerpoint rather than A, because the A location is often pretty packed...I've never seen a line at C...

But yes, One Flew South is great...
Old Jul 25, 2012, 2:10 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold, UA 1K, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by belle3388
Another vote for One Flew South in Terminal E.

Thyme Roasted Pork Belly
Black-eyed pea arugula salad, parsnip puree, blackberry-onion marmalade $18.00

is my favourite
I transit through ATL for intl flights, and this is really the only place there I would recommend. Every time, I order the pork belly, but most times they don't have it. On my last meal there, the bar tender recommended I can actually call ahead to not only reserve a portion, but to have it ready right away in case I have a tight connection to make. Imagine that? ^
Old Jul 25, 2012, 5:05 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by mattyb2233
However, there is a restaurant, the varsity, which is an southern institution that serves hotdogs. (but its not really a sit down and relax type of place. just quick good unhealthy food.) It is located in F)
I would definitely go for the Varsity... it's where President Obama eats when he's in town. I also recently learned that they charge the same prices at the airport as they do at their other non-airport locations, which is quite reasonable.

A couple of chili dogs and fries or onion rings will not disappoint, especially when washed down with a Varsity Orange (or frosted orange)!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: Delta Sky Miles
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

+1 for Chick-Fil-A
Old Jul 25, 2012, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by dcline414
I would definitely go for the Varsity... it's where President Obama eats when he's in town. I also recently learned that they charge the same prices at the airport as they do at their other non-airport locations, which is quite reasonable.

A couple of chili dogs and fries or onion rings will not disappoint, especially when washed down with a Varsity Orange (or frosted orange)!
Must check that out next time I am connecting in ATL as I tend to only eat at OFS when it is on someone else's dime

Usually just head to Paschal's in the A food court as it is not terrible and actually a pretty decent value for what you get

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.