Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2022, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Having flown a few DL flights with meals lately I will say it’s getting better. Still have some room to get better though. A few AA mainline flights in the last few weeks and they had PDB in glass, hot towel and nuts, and real ice cream after the meal.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:25 am

JFK to SDQ Impossible Meatball

JFK to SDQ in regular first. They had a chicken option, impossible meatball, and a regular vegetarian option. Went FEBO and ran out of the chicken by the time they got to me. Had the Impossible Meatball at the recommendation of the flight attendant. Honestly it was the best regular first I ever remember having on Delta. Well prepared (apparently in collaboration with Union Square Hospitality). Maybe I had a sodium overload but nonetheless it was indistinguishable from a regular meatball.
Old May 28, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
DTW-AMS

Flying D1 DTW-AMS just received the menu 7 days prior.

Any recco’s? Debating between the chicken and parpadelle as I haven’t had them previously.

Thanks!
Old May 28, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by Ascii
Another sad box on Endeavor yesterday. No glassware. No PDB. Orders taken from the back on our even numbered flight (?). My next flight on this route will be on AA in F -- should be interesting to compare.
route?
Old May 28, 2022, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by dave456

JFK to SDQ in regular first. They had a chicken option, impossible meatball, and a regular vegetarian option. Went FEBO and ran out of the chicken by the time they got to me. Had the Impossible Meatball at the recommendation of the flight attendant. Honestly it was the best regular first I ever remember having on Delta. Well prepared (apparently in collaboration with Union Square Hospitality). Maybe I had a sodium overload but nonetheless it was indistinguishable from a regular meatball.
That was the exact Delta One meal I had from JFK-LAX on Wednesday. Was pretty good!
Old May 28, 2022, 8:13 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
I wasn't in F, but ATL-PWM got a sad box on Friday
Old May 28, 2022, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MotelRomeo
I wasn't in F, but ATL-PWM got a sad box on Friday
Skywest flights DEN-SEA still serving the boxes….
Old May 29, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Different opinion

Originally Posted by dave456

I found these impossible meatballs revolting in every way. Awful texture, phony taste, overly salty, and caloric. When I fly I don't want to indulge in meaningless virtue signaling. Real food please. For a transcon premium flight this was totally inappropriate. May we never see this again.
demkr, cmd320 and KDCAflyer like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by cbelletete
Delta One dinner menu for ATL-LHR. Received about 6 ish days in advance. Flying on 25 May. 4 different entree selections from our family, so I’ll report back with picture later this week.

Pics below. All 4 were really good. Chicken had the least amount of elegance to it, but was good for what it was. Nothing wrong with it really.

Fox Brothers Short Rib

Sous Vide Creole Chicken

Pasta

Halibut
Old May 29, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cbelletete
Pics below. All 4 were really good. Chicken had the least amount of elegance to it, but was good for what it was. Nothing wrong with it really.

Fox Brothers Short Rib

Sous Vide Creole Chicken

Pasta

Halibut
This all looks awesome. After years of bad D1 catering, Delta really seems to be putting in the effort to fix it.
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 2:12 pm

DL0135 AMS-DTW 5 June

D1 menu

Old May 29, 2022, 7:24 pm

Flew AUA-JFK today. Three sad boxes to choose from: Italian ham sandwich, "mezze platter" or curry chicken salad. I had the latter, which also had a bunch of lettuce and some grapes and berries which were the best part. There were also some crackers and a blondie square. FEBO was followed but no PDB. FA came around several times with the snack basket. Pretty disappointing after having flown down there on Jetblue Mint.
Old May 29, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Are there any routes with boxes in one direction and regular meals in the other?
Old May 29, 2022, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
I found these impossible meatballs revolting in every way. Awful texture, phony taste, overly salty, and caloric. When I fly I don't want to indulge in meaningless virtue signaling. Real food please. For a transcon premium flight this was totally inappropriate. May we never see this again.
I guess I'm not really a meatball connesouir (wouldn't be my first choice) but all around (including the orzo, salad, etc.) I thought it was a good meal and definitely one of the best I had in regular first. But agree not what I would expect on a Delta One route but then my expectations are lowered overall these days.
Mhyduchak likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 6:40 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
Are there any routes with boxes in one direction and regular meals in the other?
I would speculate that (all things being equal) they need to balance any given city/catering kitchen as far as meals-in versus meals-out (strictly to keep the dishes/silverware/trays/etc in balance). Now that could balance over a week (daily balance probably isn't warranted).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.