Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by findark
Pretty sure this is just a re-skin of the same ex-EU menu we've had all year. I had the ravioli on LHR-ATL and was quite disappointed: it was about the quality you'd get from the frozen meal section at your local grocer. Definitely no recognizable burrata nor lemon.
What's funny is that I recently misunderstood the verbal menu, and ordered the "burrata". I didn't think the ravioli was bad, but of this choice I think I'd go with the standard "beef short ribs", which are fairly dependable.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
What's funny is that I recently misunderstood the verbal menu, and ordered the "burrata". I didn't think the ravioli was bad, but of this choice I think I'd go with the standard "beef short ribs", which are fairly dependable.
Hah, once I was on an LH flight (short-haul Y) and over the noise of the engines all I could catch from the FA was "...oder Kδse?" (or the cheese?). That sounded good, and I promptly ended up with a "cheese sandwich", namely the ham-and-cheese sandwich with the ham removed to be vegetarian. It was... a mistake
Zorak, hhdl and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:36 am

06/04/22
DL 2407
LGA - MSY
A220-100
First Class: 3A
Booked for $120 about a week before departure. Platinum Medallion comp. upgrade cleared right at the start of the upgrade window. Also got to check out the stunning new SkyClub at LGA on grand opening day which was a nice surprise.

Really great service on this leg from Larissa. Choices for lunch were Salad w/ Chicken, Impossible Burger or a Chicken with Olives. Being in the last row and following FEBO I got to select first. I went with the salad and was very happy.
The pineapple was great and the dessert was restaurant quality.

Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:55 pm

JFK-AUA
Delta 613
June 5th First Class

1) no PDB (LOL)
2) sad box with wooden/bamboo utensils (although there was an actual glass for drinks)
3) absolutely ZERO snacks offered. No hint of a snack basket, not even the main cabin snacks were offered to first class.

Not sure if the FA was lazy or what. Just sat in the galley on her phone for the first half of the flight before passing out sad boxes.

Biggest disappointment was the snacks of course. No pretzels, chips, nothing. Just a sad box for a ~2k mile international flight.

Edit: forgot to add, FEBO not followed. I was in row 2 so was actually happy about this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by hhdl
The raviolone was pretty good imo.
Originally Posted by findark
Pretty sure this is just a re-skin of the same ex-EU menu we've had all year. I had the ravioli on LHR-ATL and was quite disappointed: it was about the quality you'd get from the frozen meal section at your local grocer. Definitely no recognizable burrata nor lemon.
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
I think that makes 2 votes in favor of the raviolone (there was another strong positive review a while back), two against (I was pretty disappointed with it, per review upthread) and one somewhat neutral then. Someone needs to cast a tiebreaking vote
findark and hhdl like this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
MSP-ATL
6/5
Dinner

I didn't anticipate taking this flight, but a misconnect at MSP driven by a late inbound AC let me reroute via ATL. Only avail seats were 1A and 1B, but thanks to FEBO, lucked out. Options were the impossible burrito, beef short rib and some kind of poke bowl. The short rib was fantastic, with the mashed and the onions. Truly delicious. The strawberry salad was delicious, as was the dessert. The only thing I didn't eat was the asparagus (which I don't like in general). Great service overall. Open bar PDBs on the ground too.

cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:32 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
I think that makes 2 votes in favor of the raviolone (there was another strong positive review a while back), two against (I was pretty disappointed with it, per review upthread) and one somewhat neutral then. Someone needs to cast a tiebreaking vote
Haha the raviolone was the one thing I definitely wasn't going to pick on the menu, and unfortunately there are no other pictures of the other entrees in the thread it seems, so I'm weighing between the unspecified lamb parts and the salmon — I think the pre-order options are specific to each outstation so haven't seen anything about those two dishes yet.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:55 pm

Sad boxes LAX-DFW and DFW-LAX.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:55 pm

Anyone know if proper Premium Select meals are back this month on intl. flights to Europe?
Apparently the Economy service with just a bigger seat is coming to an end?
cathep likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:27 pm

June 5
Delta 365
Boston, Massachusetts
3:25 pm Atlanta, Georgia
6:18 pm First Class

Ravioli Pasta meal with cauliflower salad was literally inedible. Ravioli swimming in a disgusting cream sauce. Wilted Cauliflower salad with zero flavor sitting in some kind of red dressing. Found the food in the Crown Room quite good.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:00 pm
RJ1

Originally Posted by planetmans
Flying LAX-DFW soon. First time on DL in many years, and disappointed to see this post. I am afraid to ask... what would be the contents of a morning box meal in First?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by RJ1
Flying LAX-DFW soon. First time on DL in many years, and disappointed to see this post. I am afraid to ask... what would be the contents of a morning box meal in First?
Sad box. There are many breakfast examples in this thread.

The sad box/plated food is absolutely determined by the outstation involved, except in the case of PHX which seems to be dependent on widebody or narrowbody. All hub-hub routes should have plated food if over the mileage limit.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Remote outposts which can't possibly have proper catering facilities
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:45 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
DFW is a true disappointment. With flights from DTW, LAX, BOS, and NYC all qualifying for meals, you would think they could figure out a way to cater in DFW!
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum, UA Premier Executive
D1 msp - hnl 15jun2022

Three of us travelling so (hopefully) will get some pics during the flight but going with the beef short rib, sous vide chicken, and warm vegetable plate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.