Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2022, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ab2013
Delta promising hot meals returning to flights over 900 miles for those in First in March - official press release: https://news.delta.com/hot-meals-and...t-delta-flight

Also sounds like Delta is offering organic snack bars from Kate's Real Foods to those in economy too - dark chocolate almond cherry sounds nice, and I think they're also gluten free. Those snack bars are pretty pricey ($30 for a 12 pack) at retail!
You have to read PR release carefully as it only says "select flights 900 miles or greater" starting in March. "Select" flights could mean 1500+ mile flights plus hub-to-hub initially and other 900+ mile routes after that. I definitely wouldn't assume "all" flights over 900 miles will have meals by March.
Yellowjj and Minnyappleus like this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by xliioper
You have to read PR release carefully as it only says "select flights 900 miles or greater" starting in March. "Select" flights could mean 1500+ mile flights plus hub-to-hub initially and other 900+ mile routes after that. I definitely wouldn't assume "all" flights over 900 miles will have meals by March.
Agreed. Combine this with the article that was posted in tandem by TPG, it's looking to be another haphazard roll out... where no one, not even FAs can confirm service levels in advance.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by msp727
Described as chicken salad. Looks like Delta has run out of the box tops. Embarrassing.

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/7362a156-a8ba-47f8-9b8d-89caed83baa7[/img]
Sorry! Your picture doesn't work. Can you please fix it.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 8:24 pm

D1 Moroccan Chicken Stew

Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ab2013
Delta promising hot meals returning to flights over 900 miles for those in First in March - official press release: https://news.delta.com/hot-meals-and...t-delta-flight

Also sounds like Delta is offering organic snack bars from Kate's Real Foods to those in economy too - dark chocolate almond cherry sounds nice, and I think they're also gluten free. Those snack bars are pretty pricey ($30 for a 12 pack) at retail!
Today from RDU-MSP they were serving the dark chocolate bar. It was quite good. Decent size and nice change. Still had the boxed meal in first though.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by herzmeh
Out of these, which one would be most kid friendly? Delta doesn't do kid special meals unfortunately...
has this changed?
I have ordered kids meals for my daughter this was jfk to Europe though
Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
I've noticed a lot of the Alessi stuff pop up on eBay. I wonder if they liquidated a lot of that during the pandemic (which would also explain why they've been SO SLOW to return plated meals).
I noticed the same thing on my JFK-SFO D1 flight last week. It's odd, though, because some of the items still were the old Alessi ones (looks like a couple of yours are too). I asked a representative about it on the phone (not the reason for my call) and they said that Alessi is still their servicewear provider. Would be a shame if they are phasing it out in lieu of this other stuff, though.

Last edited by OfCockatielsAndMen; Feb 22, 2022 at 1:00 am
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium
Offerings in D1 from ATL-AMS next week...

Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by RhinoDL
I had the ravioli in October. It was very good. However, the side salad served with it also included goat cheese, so it was a lot of the same flavor.
RhinoDL likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by RhinoDL
Antico pizza is pretty solid but I'm not entirely sure how will it would translate to airline catering.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, WN Rapid Rewards
Just booked MSP-SYD in Y for December. On the MSP-LAX-MSP segments it lists among the in flight service as “Fresh food for purchase”. Could this be a clue that we will see meal sales in Y again?
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by N153US
Just booked MSP-SYD in Y for December. On the MSP-LAX-MSP segments it lists among the in flight service as “Fresh food for purchase”. Could this be a clue that we will see meal sales in Y again?
Yes, this is loaded in on flight notes for 1,500 mile routes in April already.
N153US likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
[QUOTE=kochleffel;34001894]

Originally Posted by OfCockatielsAndMen
I noticed the same thing on my JFK-SFO D1 flight last week. It's odd, though, because some of the items still were the old Alessi ones (looks like a couple of yours are too). I asked a representative about it on the phone (not the reason for my call) and they said that Alessi is still their servicewear provider. Would be a shame if they are phasing it out in lieu of this other stuff, though.
I know that when they first introduced premium economy that the service included glassware, but that this was short-lived. I'm not sure if the glassware of this cabin was unique or not, but if it were this could explain it.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:49 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, WN Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by Minnyappleus
Yes, this is loaded in on flight notes for 1,500 mile routes in April already.
Forgot to ask, is there any signs of full beverage service coming back soon?
Old Feb 23, 2022, 1:11 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
Finally some new boxes!

LAX-MCI, Feb 22, 2022

Salmon with a quinoa salad on some sort of yogurt and herb based sauce. Tasted pretty good. Could use a bit more of salt and/or pepper and those were not provided.
GagaPilot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.