Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2022, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
DL8771, ATL-SEA, Fri 21 Oct

pic copied from flyerfirst‘s post upthread; iirc these three options were for pre-order only, and there were two or three more on the onboard menu

the smoked fish salad was good, but definitely unremarkable

I didn’t bother putting the extra dressing on, as there was plenty enough mayonnaise or similar as the base of the mixture

I found the ratio of lettuce to fish and pickled vegetables far too low

additionally, the presentation could have seriously used a starchy component such as a ciabatta roll

several pax nearby ordered the vegetarian option (sweet potato tag one), and the FA raved to each of them about how it was his favorite item

Last edited by jrl767; Oct 22, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Old Oct 22, 2022, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
several pax nearby ordered the vegetarian option (sweet potato tag one), and the FA raved to each of them about how it was his favorite item
I've had it and posted a pic in this thread. It's horrible. He was probably hoping to just avoid the situation that happened on my flight where the last 3 people in the cabin had no other choice. I tasted each component of it, but beyond that didn't eat it at all. It was maybe fit for a dog.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
I've had it and posted a pic in this thread. It's horrible. He was probably hoping to just avoid the situation that happened on my flight where the last 3 people in the cabin had no other choice. I tasted each component of it, but beyond that didn't eat it at all. It was maybe fit for a dog.
Funnily enough I relied on your recommendation NOT to order this on the outbound. I did have her veggie option on the return (the veggie korma) and it was quite nice - tasty, nice textures.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
seasonal water bottle label (DL1548, DCA-ATL, Fri 21 Oct)
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 3:01 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Similarly, I had this one about a week ago. Was slightly disappointed when the FA brought me another one mid-flight and it was just the regular plain bottle

MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 3:56 pm

Used a GUC for a transatlantic trip, so far, no menu choice presented, and no option to choose.

I've always had these 7 days before a trip. Do I need to be worried? Ticket showing as "OK" class, and seat is correct. How can I make a menu choice?
Old Oct 23, 2022, 3:59 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Shinyobjects
Used a GUC for a transatlantic trip, so far, no menu choice presented, and no option to choose.

I've always had these 7 days before a trip. Do I need to be worried? Ticket showing as "OK" class, and seat is correct. How can I make a menu choice?
Has it been reissued? ISTR someone mentioning something similar and once it was reissued they were able to select.

Although, as a counterpoint, I just had a trip where a RUC cleared at booking, I was able to pre-select a meal, but then initially could not check-in at T-24 due to lack of reissue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Shinyobjects likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by Skystreak
There were no limes on my D1 flight SEA to ICN earlier this week. I had to drink my gin and tonic with a lemon!
Which is the right way to drink it

But I did get limes with my G&T in C+ on LHR-DTW earlier this month, maybe they're starting to come back
Old Oct 24, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM

ATL - PTY

One of the better breakfast dishes I've had on DL. The brisket / potato hash was fantastic.

PTY - ATL

Whereas this was a contender for the worst dish I've had on DL. I've gotten bored with the salad so decided to branch out - bad choice on my part. There was zero jalapeno flavor and I think that they pureed parsley instead. The caramel sauce for the cake must have been poured hot and then refrigerated as it turned into a brittle and was stuck to the plate.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Menu for October Lunch ex-BOS. Will hopefully not report back if I SDC to the Dinner flight

Old Oct 24, 2022, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by flyinhwn
I had to chuckle a little when the great Italian sandwich served on a flight between SAT and MSP today came on a croissant. 🥐 🤔

This post was from June '22. Anyone know if MSP-SAT remains a boxed 'dinner'? Didn't see SAT listed in the WIKI but noticed that AUS was there.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by findark
Menu for October Lunch ex-BOS. Will hopefully not report back if I SDC to the Dinner flight

Here’s the beef sandwich. Not great. The ravioli looked better but very heavy with alfredo sauce.

Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
22 October DL 197 SEA-ICN in PS

This flight was into heavy headwinds and ended up really long, 12:50 actual flight time. The "new enhanced PS service" was in effect.

Midflight snacks in the PS galley (A339) included sandwiches, chips, cookies. etc. Basically a C+ snack basket with sandwiches.The arrival meal was an Egg sandwich on English muffin, which I didn't have.

Here's the menu. However, it was for show only, because these meals weren't even close to the meals they actually catered. This was confusing for everyone, including the flight attendants. The meals they actually loaded on the plane were Beef, Chicken, or Pasta.

The Menu

New amenity kits, slippers, and headphones.

Pre meal drinks service. Only two choices for drinks. Plastic cups, prepackaged nuts, and white tablecloth.

Premeal drinks service. Plastic cups, pre-packaged nuts. Only two choices, "Sparking Water or Pellegrino." (Flight attendant was not exactly helpful, throughout the flight.) Turns out the choices were really Sparkling Wine or Pellegrino

I pre-ordered a special meal so didn't get caught up in the catering confusion.

Hindu Meal, PS
Old Oct 25, 2022, 3:09 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
NGL, that special meal looks better than most of the offerings on the menu over the past year. lol.
NotHamSarnie likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Here’s the beef sandwich. Not great. The ravioli looked better but very heavy with alfredo sauce.
Is there any hope for that salad?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.