Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Nov 11, 2022, 6:52 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K

Buffalo Mozzarella Mezzaluna

with oven roasted tomatoes, fresh basil, and Parmesan thyme butter

BOS-SEA

IMO, this was actually pretty darn good.
sspontak and cmd320 like this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
LAX/SYD Nov 2022

SEA-LAX

LAX-SYD

Lame meal for SEA-LAX and I think I’ve ended up bringing a McDs breakfast sandwich on board when faced with similar options.

First time on this LAX-SYD leg in D1S. This seems a bit lack luster for a 15 hour flight. Chicken Marsala is also on the Y/PS menus, so I steered away in case it’s the same slop. I don’t know if 3 or 4 meatballs will do it though. Any experiences?
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:15 pm

Can I select a meal on the website? I've been trying in the app for a few days now and it just says "Failed to save entree."
Old Nov 11, 2022, 11:35 pm

Considering an FCM (or MUA) from PS to D1 for DTW-HND this week. Food won’t be a deciding factor… seeing as both menus are near identical except that the D1 Japanese menu has a Japanese starter and the Western includes a soup.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
ANC-SEA in early November.

Chana Masala with spinach, rice, and naan bread. Hubby reported it was quite good!

sspontak and secretalcoholic like this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles - Plat
Delta One at Home

Tried my hand at recreating my favorite Delta One dish at home, came out pretty good!
Old Nov 12, 2022, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by ForEsme

Tried my hand at recreating my favorite Delta One dish at home, came out pretty good!
Is that the premium transcon Vinny and Johnny variety or is that the Impossible Meatball variety?
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles - Plat
Vinny and Johnny!
Old Nov 12, 2022, 6:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM (3 MM) ; Sky Club (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by nall
Can I select a meal on the website? I've been trying in the app for a few days now and it just says "Failed to save entree."
You should have received an email with a direct link to your reservation with the available meal choices displayed for selection.
The message is usually titled with your name followed by "Select Your Meal Before Your XXX Flight", where XXX is the destination.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
DL318 BOS-SEA 11/11 Dinner

Surprisingly GM upgrade cleared right at the T-72 window (a hub-hub route on a Friday evening!) but no email / option to preorder on the app, and it sounds like no one else in F was able to preorder as well. But was in Row 1 and FEBO followed so no issue there.

The nice thing about the BOS transcons (SEA/SFO/SAN, so not D1) is that 2 of the entrees (the short rib and the pasta posted upthread) are actually the same as what's offered on TATL D1 ex-BOS, and even the starter is identical:

SALAD
Grilled Broccolini and Marinated Chickpea Salad
with tahini labneh, dried cherry tomato and kalamata olive

MAIN
Braised Beef Short Ribs
with creamy mascarpone polenta, grilled zucchini, peppers, and eggplant

DESSERT
Opera Cake

Main was actually excellent — short ribs were perfectly cooked and the vegetables and polenta were tasty, and nothing dried out etc.

Great and friendly service by the BOS-based crew (FWIW have never had a bad BOS crew this year, maybe because the base skews pretty junior?) — full PDB and multiple drink refills and snack basket passes throughout the rest of the flight.

Also the shortbread squares now have caramel which IMO is a little too sweet
Old Nov 13, 2022, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by truncated
DL318 BOS-SEA 11/11 Dinner

Surprisingly GM upgrade cleared right at the T-72 window (a hub-hub route on a Friday evening!) but no email / option to preorder on the app, and it sounds like no one else in F was able to preorder as well. But was in Row 1 and FEBO followed so no issue there.

The nice thing about the BOS transcons (SEA/SFO/SAN, so not D1) is that 2 of the entrees (the short rib and the pasta posted upthread) are actually the same as what's offered on TATL D1 ex-BOS, and even the starter is identical:

Main was actually excellent — short ribs were perfectly cooked and the vegetables and polenta were tasty, and nothing dried out etc.

Great and friendly service by the BOS-based crew (FWIW have never had a bad BOS crew this year, maybe because the base skews pretty junior?) — full PDB and multiple drink refills and snack basket passes throughout the rest of the flight.

Also the shortbread squares now have caramel which IMO is a little too sweet
Ha! We were on the same flight. lol. Yeah I was told by the crew that this route staffs mostly junior teams
Old Nov 13, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
JFK-PUJ SAD box (Apple cinnamon bread)
PUJ-JFK SAD box, found all choices appalling and asked for a Bistro box instead.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 12:27 pm

SAD box in Nov 2022...come on DL.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 1:46 pm

DTW-HND this week. Cod/Salmon and Lamb Duet require advance selection since it's not part of regular onboard menu.

Old Nov 13, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL 3MM DM / UA 1K / AC 75K / F9 100K / Hilton Diamond / Marriott Platinum / Hertz Presidential
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
SAD box in Nov 2022...come on DL.
Same garbage in F TUS-SEA last week. Ham sandwich in a box.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.