Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Honestly not impressed with the appearance of the “new” PS service. Reminds me too much of Y. Of course the only time I ever flew PS (pre-covid) I was shocked how similar it was to D1 (minus the soup), so I guess I’m biased.
Isn't that meal a D1 meal? It looks far too edible to be an economy meal.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Mrs767 and I are not thrilled by the D1 dinner options for JFK-SEA on Sun

also curious about “contains pork” in the description of the BBQ Wing Platter
wrp96 and dmarge18 like this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 5:06 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by jrl767

My best guess would be that collard greens are sometimes cooked with bacon or pork fat. Either that, or the wings are the "when pigs fly" special.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:10 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium

But their brisket is Lincoln Riley approved (look up Lincoln Riley brisket)
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:17 pm

The smoked brisket seems like it should be good, the bbq wing surely has pork from the greens,
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Authentic collard greens are usually cooked with a smoked ham hock, and then once done, any remaining meat on the hock is shredded into the greens. So that's definitely where the pork us at.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
y’all are probably right about the greens

as for the brisket, Mrs767 doesn’t much care for either mustard or pickled peppers and I don’t eat beef
Old Sep 29, 2022, 12:28 am

Programs: DL PM
Had the beef short rib ex-MSP a few days ago. Not a ton of flavor. The mushroom soup was alright.

Originally Posted by Minnyappleus

Anyone familiar with the D1 options leaving MSP?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
I just flew DTW-ICN-DTW in Delta One.

Somewhat disappointed that the meal is served all at once. One purser offered the meal to be served one dish at a time or expedited meal service. If you chose the former he then announced that since the whole Delta One cabin is having expedited meal service I would have to wait until everyone was served.

Just seems that on a 12-14 hour flight leaving mid-day you would have time to serve the main meal slowly without rushing.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 8:15 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by fromYXU
I just flew DTW-ICN-DTW in Delta One.

Somewhat disappointed that the meal is served all at once. One purser offered the meal to be served one dish at a time or expedited meal service. If you chose the former he then announced that since the whole Delta One cabin is having expedited meal service I would have to wait until everyone was served.

Just seems that on a 12-14 hour flight leaving mid-day you would have time to serve the main meal slowly without rushing.
Sounds like an easy way for the FAs to give the customers a choice between the two-- but word it so that everyone is going to end up picking the one tray service ;-)
Taz and GagaPilot like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 9:42 am

Well done collard greens (Southern style) are truly fantastic. Enjoy.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 9:44 am

Sorry for the second post about collard greens, but if they're done correctly, they're truly fantastic. I am new here and can't figure out how to post directly in reply to another post instead of having a new one appear down below. Sorry.

Last edited by oinick; Sep 29, 2022 at 9:47 am Reason: duplicate message
Old Sep 29, 2022, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by ifrjaws
Does anyone know if Delta still serves hot meals on ATL-LGA/JFK routes? It used to be an exception to the 900+ mile rule pre-covid, but have not heard if the exception stands today or if they no longer serve meals on these routes. On their website it just says "drinks, snacks, drinks".
No meal when I flew it in FC earlier this month.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Benner
I'm on DL602 from ATL to MEX on September 29 and these are the menu options. Curious if anyone has had any of them and has a review... Kind of leaning towards the smoked fish salad.

Ended up selecting the roasted chicken leg after the picture of the smoked fish salad was posted to the forum. I have to say it was quite good. The chicken might have been a tiny bit dry, but with the jus it was good. I'd happily order it again.

Mashama Bailey's Roasted Chicken Leg
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Ordered a Bland meal for my wife who didn't find any of the selections from the 3 x Spiced Menu.....

Didn't take a picture, but was served a chicken breast, spinach and some starch which we couldn't identify -- was kind of like couscous, but not. The entire dish was DRENCHED in garlic. Kind of an unusual way to cook food for something they call the "Bland Meal"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.