Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2021, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
That is just plain wrong and customer-hostile... so you pay for an upgrade, DL changes the schedule on us do they have to re-issue, and now you don't get any earning on what you paid for? I call total BS
Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:25 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by lonelygod
well, sort of a surprising answer - maybe I didn't take ACCELERATOR101 that well:

Purchased main cabin award ticket, then paid $$ to upgrade to first class. Then schedule change hit.

During the ticket re-issue, upgrade fees were gone in the receipt, but I kept the F seat in the new itinerary.

Called today, both Singapore line and U.S. platinum desk, both said the upgrade fee wouldn't earn me miles, or MQDs, after they "discussed" this with Skymiles desk.
Originally Posted by rylan
That is just plain wrong and customer-hostile... so you pay for an upgrade, DL changes the schedule on us do they have to re-issue, and now you don't get any earning on what you paid for? I call total BS
I had this happen as well… it took a couple calls to the Platinum desk and messaging but eventually they were about to get “IT” to manually correct it. Not sure it was totally worth the hassle, but I wasn’t giving up. At that point I thought I would need all the MQD I could get this year.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:58 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Disc
Anyone having issues with this scenario which I'd presume is not that uncommon?
  • Purchase a main cabin flight, then pay the FCM buy-up to first
  • Schedule change requires ticket to be reissued
  • Flight posts with only credit for originally paid ticket and is missing the 'seat upgrade' credit for MQD and miles
Have this on a couple tickets now... only the original main cabin fare posted for MQD, accelerator, and miles... although the 50% F bonus posted but only on the base fare.
Sent in email request to have this corrected and credit for the missing MQD+accelerator + miles but no response after 9 weeks... and it just happened again on another ticket last weekend.
The 50% bonus is actually what you're supposed to get for Y. First should be ((distance flown * 1.5) * 1.75). C+ is (distance flown * 1.75) and Y is (distance flown * 1.5).

(For MQMs, that is.)
Old Jul 28, 2021, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by CDF
I was scrolling through the posts and didn't see anything related to a question I have. If I missed it I apologize. According to the accelerator web page,
  • Round-trip purchased in Main Cabin, with padi upgrade to First Class with miles qualifies for 1.75% MQM
  • Example: MQMs: 2,284 base MQMs for flown cabin x 1.75 = 3,997 Total Earned MQMs
Should an upgrade using upgrade certificates qualify for the same 1.75% bonus? It looks like if I were to use miles to upgrade I get the bonus MQM but I'm finding that isn't the case. I used an upgrade certificate on a recent flight for one segment (main cabin) that upgraded me into FC. For that one segment, even thought the flown cabin was FC, I only received the 50% additional miles and not 75%.

Is it only upgrades with miles that count? Just curious since the examples DL uses on that page indicates cabin flown. Thanks for your responses.
This is covered in the FAQ on Delta's website:

How will bonuses work on Upgrade Certificates and Complimentary Upgrades?
  • If you are upgraded to a premium cabin using an Upgrade Certificate or through a Complimentary Upgrade, you will earn bonuses based on the cabin you paid for, not the cabin you were upgraded to.
That being said, as others mentioned, there are DPs of people apparently getting the bonus anyway. Personally, I wouldn't be too surprised if those eventually disappeared, though, as they're not actually supposed to happen.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 1:18 am

I've seen people talking about issues with tickets that were re-issued after a paid upgrade to First not correctly getting the accelerator bonuses, but has anyone else had problems with tickets with paid upgrades to First getting MQMs as if they were paid upgrades to C+?

I had a flight over 3 weeks ago that was originally booked Main Cain with miles, but then I paid to upgrade it to F a few days prior to the trip. Originally, the MQMs posted as (distance flown * 1.5,) which is what Y should get. About 8 days later, they changed to (distance flown * 1.75), which is what C+ should get and they still remain there.

Of course, per the terms on the accelerator page (and Delta's own calculator on the flight checkout page,) they should be ((distance flown * 1.5) * 1.75) for normal paid upgrades to First.

I submitted an e-mail about it, but, as other's have noted, those aren't exactly being answered quickly right now.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 9:12 am

Well! That answers most of my concerns (email that just came in). Didn't want to lose my MQMs, even though they've usually been way in excess of need, and MQD was going to be a stretch, even for FO. Should I still take advantage of the award bonus bump, or is that now irrelevant? Gotta put on my thinking cap, even though this whole thing has worn me out...
Old Jul 28, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by SEAfarer
Well! That answers most of my concerns (email that just came in). Didn't want to lose my MQMs, even though they've usually been way in excess of need, and MQD was going to be a stretch, even for FO. Should I still take advantage of the award bonus bump, or is that now irrelevant? Gotta put on my thinking cap, even though this whole thing has worn me out...
This solves my issue as well.

My understanding is that UG eligibility/ranking will be based on what status you actually earned in 2021. So it just creates another layer for the upgrades.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 9:39 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I doubt it's intentional, just the usual Delta IT at work

Originally Posted by Zorak
I noticed that my MQMs/MQDs changed slightly today without having any flight activity that would explain it. Drilled down further and found that although they still haven't fixed the April trip (which will add ~$500 MQDs when fixed) they did fix a shorter/cheaper trip that I hadn't asked about because the amounts involved were tiny ($18 more MQDs, woohoo! also a bunch of MQMs but I'm swimming in those already and don't care as much)

so maybe they are slowly working their way backwards in fixing mistaken postings?
more incremental uptick in my MQMs and MQDs today. This time they apparently *have* finally gotten around to "fixing" the April trip but although the activity detail for that trip does reflect higher recomputed MQMs and MQDs, it's still not all of what I expect by my calculations. But at this point it's close enough that I'm going to leave well enough alone.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Zorak
I doubt it's intentional, just the usual Delta IT at work
My thinking as well... but extremely frustrating trying to get it fixed.
Zorak and vbscript2 like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf06
This solves my issue as well.

My understanding is that UG eligibility/ranking will be based on what status you actually earned in 2021. So it just creates another layer for the upgrades.
Yep. Those who earned status in 2021 will have priority over those who were extended. Though, they haven't said exactly where in the upgrade priority list that factor will be. That is, for example, will everyone who earned PM in 2021 clear ahead of all extended PMs? Or will they only clear ahead if both have the same fare class, Reserve Amex, MM, etc. status? I would hope that it would be the former.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:13 pm

Looking for any datapoint, if I book a Delta flight using VS miles, would this be considered "award flight" for mqm/mqd purpose? What if I purchase comfort plus or first class upgrade?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Looking for any datapoint, if I book a Delta flight using VS miles, would this be considered "award flight" for mqm/mqd purpose? What if I purchase comfort plus or first class upgrade?
Whats the flight number? Lol
Old Aug 5, 2021, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
If you use Virgin Miles, you will not be able to credit it to your Delta account.
rogo and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by vbscript2
Yep. Those who earned status in 2021 will have priority over those who were extended. Though, they haven't said exactly where in the upgrade priority list that factor will be. That is, for example, will everyone who earned PM in 2021 clear ahead of all extended PMs? Or will they only clear ahead if both have the same fare class, Reserve Amex, MM, etc. status? I would hope that it would be the former.
Wondering this as well, it could impact my decision making on MQD timing. Another wrinkle is the priority for gifted gold status from DM: If I requalify for DM in '21 and gift gold status, will they inherit the same priority as it was from a '21 qualification?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's pretty hard to imagine that earned PM status will outrank fare class. I could see the other factors, but I wouldn't base my expectations that it will be a factor above class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.