Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2021, 10:07 am

Programs: DL PM
Update: Finally bonus is posted for the May 6th and 20th award flight (N) with RUC cleared after booking. However, the bonus is 75% MQM and MQD, which is expected to be 50%. Let's see if they will retrieve it. I didn't call or file a complaint so everything is automatic.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by sekiya
Update: Finally bonus is posted for the May 6th and 20th award flight (N) with RUC cleared after booking. However, the bonus is 75% MQM and MQD, which is expected to be 50%. Let's see if they will retrieve it. I didn't call or file a complaint so everything is automatic.
I also had an RUC clear at the gate, and was awarded 75% accelerator bonus as well. Seems to be how the system is handling these
Old Jul 12, 2021, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Ryno1234
I have asked this before and mean no disrespect: i get the situation you are in. However, I have been traveling every week since labor day of last year and am about to re qualify "the old fashioned way" for Diamond: MQDs and MQMs. Didn't need any of the accelerators. What will Delta do for us? I will be competing against other DMs who were helped to maintain their status next year. Again, through no fault of their own, but clearly right now the business traveler like me is a more valuable commodity. I guess Delta runs the risk of running off former DMs once they resume their travel, but they will be starting from scratch with another airline.
This is an every year thing. The numbers are just slightly different this year. Let's say the the threshold for DM is 15K and Delta360 is $65K (I understand the calculus is more complicated than this for 360). One person spends $15k, another spends $30K as it sounds like you are poised to do, and the third spends $60K. All are treated the same. The $60k spender spent 4X the minimum (at probably the highest margin to DL) and double what the $30k flyer spent. Happens all the time.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 6:54 pm

I have 3 flights for 4 people that have posted wrong (all as 0 MQD & MQMs). I've given it a month to work out and it hasn't. Is there a consensus on whether to call or submit the request electronically? The tickets are complicated, so I understand why it is messed up, but I fear this is going to be a long painful process to get someone to understand. It would be easier to do over the phone, but I don't know if they have any power to fix it via phone. Any data points on this would be appreciated. I think I read that someone had received relief via a phone agent, but I can't find that post now, and the mere thought of multiple phone calls with 4 hr. waits annoys me.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
I also had an RUC clear at the gate, and was awarded 75% accelerator bonus as well. Seems to be how the system is handling these
I'm guessing that when they clear at the gate its probably faster and easier to jam it through in an available fare class like J/C/F and it gets the corresponding MQM/MQDs.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 7:12 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by El Boocho
This is an every year thing. The numbers are just slightly different this year. Let's say the the threshold for DM is 15K and Delta360 is $65K (I understand the calculus is more complicated than this for 360). One person spends $15k, another spends $30K as it sounds like you are poised to do, and the third spends $60K. All are treated the same. The $60k spender spent 4X the minimum (at probably the highest margin to DL) and double what the $30k flyer spent. Happens all the time.
while you are correct in theory, i feel this situation is different. I know what the rules are and what happens when I hit certain levels. The highest published level is DM and there are very specific requirements to hit that. This year they lowered those dramaitcally.to keep the DMs who aren't traveling, yet will still compete against me when they resume travel, level to where I am while i am still providing revenue AND meeting their requirements. It is similar to this: two football teams are fighting for the playoffs. One team gets in by winning enough games. The other team's QB gets hurt along with a rash of other injuries and cant even field a team and has no chance to win enough games, but the NFL still lets them in just because. Not a thing I can do about it. I wont leave Delta. It is what it is. Just seems a little unfair. Oh well.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 10:37 pm

while you are correct in theory, i feel this situation is different. I know what the rules are and what happens when I hit certain levels. The highest published level is DM and there are very specific requirements to hit that. This year they lowered those dramaitcally.to keep the DMs who aren't traveling, yet will still compete against me when they resume travel, level to where I am while i am still providing revenue AND meeting their requirements. It is similar to this: two football teams are fighting for the playoffs. One team gets in by winning enough games. The other team's QB gets hurt along with a rash of other injuries and cant even field a team and has no chance to win enough games, but the NFL still lets them in just because. Not a thing I can do about it. I wont leave Delta. It is what it is. Just seems a little unfair. Oh well.
I get it. It’s just that many people jump at the opportunity to take advantage and gain an edge, but they are quick to complain when they feel they are unfairly impacted by someone else doing the same. Not saying this is you, it’s just a common theme on FT.
I look at it a little differently. Elite status isn’t really a competition or at least not a zero sum competition. I don’t really know NFL so I’ll change to MLB… but would what you describe be fair? No, of course not. If you are the league (aka delta) and only care about revenue wouldn't you be happy to have a Yankees/Red Sox vs Cubs/Dodgers every year?
Old Jul 12, 2021, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I'll bite on the analogy. Delta's accelerator program requires people to TRAVEL in order to gain a boost; if the injured team can't field a team (can't travel), then the team is not making the playoffs, period (not qualifying/re-qualifying for status).

Also, Delta has not dramatically lower requirements, especially when you compare to some of its competitors - UA has given bonus PQPs even when you don't travel (enough to allow some to make at least some kind of status even if they don't travel at all, or travel very little); AA has much reduced targets for existing elites to re-qualify in the 2H of the year.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by angra
Thank you! I figured there was precedent on this but I had not yet dug through my historical records to see if there was a pattern I could discern. This helps a ton and saves me some work.
just completed a mixed-fare/mixed-airline trip and can confirm the MQDs have been divided proportionally to miles flown. I am still waiting on the partner airline MQDs to post, but the Delta flights have posted as expected, with the accelerator bonus:
MQD per segment = (total trip base fare + YR)* [ (segment miles flown) / (total trip distance) ]
and then each segment is multiplied by its applicable accelerator bonus, which is added to total MQDs
Old Jul 13, 2021, 7:10 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by mkt80
just completed a mixed-fare/mixed-airline trip and can confirm the MQDs have been divided proportionally to miles flown. I am still waiting on the partner airline MQDs to post, but the Delta flights have posted as expected, with the accelerator bonus:
MQD per segment = (total trip base fare + YR)* [ (segment miles flown) / (total trip distance) ]
and then each segment is multiplied by its applicable accelerator bonus, which is added to total MQDs
Quick Question: I thought Partner Airlines (even though u purchased it through Delta website e.g. DL # but Partner Operated) isn't included/part of the Status Accelerator?
Old Jul 13, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Repooc17
I'll bite on the analogy. Delta's accelerator program requires people to TRAVEL in order to gain a boost; if the injured team can't field a team (can't travel), then the team is not making the playoffs, period (not qualifying/re-qualifying for status).

Also, Delta has not dramatically lower requirements, especially when you compare to some of its competitors - UA has given bonus PQPs even when you don't travel (enough to allow some to make at least some kind of status even if they don't travel at all, or travel very little); AA has much reduced targets for existing elites to re-qualify in the 2H of the year.
Fair point.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
Quick Question: I thought Partner Airlines (even though u purchased it through Delta website e.g. DL # but Partner Operated) isn't included/part of the Status Accelerator?
correct. in this case the applicable accelerator bonus would be 0
Old Jul 13, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I have asked this before and mean no disrespect: i get the situation you are in. However, I have been traveling every week since labor day of last year and am about to re qualify "the old fashioned way" for Diamond: MQDs and MQMs. Didn't need any of the accelerators. What will Delta do for us? I will be competing against other DMs who were helped to maintain their status next year. Again, through no fault of their own, but clearly right now the business traveler like me is a more valuable commodity. I guess Delta runs the risk of running off former DMs once they resume their travel, but they will be starting from scratch with another airline.
Its not much but your rollover should be meaningfully higher than others if you keep flying Delta this year
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:40 am

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Can someone with time on their hands explain this MQM earning to me (MQDs seemed OK per proportional $ allocation to miles):

On an AF-booked ticket, I flew DL-coded/marketed segment LAS-ATL segment in D class. I received 1747 MQMs for the mileage, and got a 50% bonus of 874 MQMs, presumably for the D class. Then, I got an additional 1974 MQMs via the status accelerator. How were the 1974 additional MQMs calculated??
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Uncle Lars
Can someone with time on their hands explain this MQM earning to me (MQDs seemed OK per proportional $ allocation to miles):

On an AF-booked ticket, I flew DL-coded/marketed segment LAS-ATL segment in D class. I received 1747 MQMs for the mileage, and got a 50% bonus of 874 MQMs, presumably for the D class. Then, I got an additional 1974 MQMs via the status accelerator. How were the 1974 additional MQMs calculated??
C+, FC, PS, and D1 fares get a 75% bonus which is applied to both base and any class of service bonus. Although the math doesn't quite work out here (1747+874) * .75 = 1966. I'd call it close enough (and they erred in your favor).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.