Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2021, 2:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie
I not only didn't get the accelerator, I didn't get the credit for the MQDs I should have received for paying for the upgrade to FC. I will reach out to CS at some point.
If you simply paid for a FC seat (on a coach ticket, not a FC ticket or FC award ticket), whether in money or miles, the fee is nonrefundable unless the flight is cancelled. It doesn't transfer to your new flight after a voluntary change. You were very lucky the GA gave you the FC seat before clearing the upgrade list. IMO this violated DL policy and was unfair to elites on the list who were entitled to the upgrade.

If I understand correctly, you are not entitled to either more accelerator credit nor a refund.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you simply paid for a FC seat (on a coach ticket, not a FC ticket or FC award ticket), whether in money or miles, the fee is nonrefundable unless the flight is cancelled. It doesn't transfer to your new flight after a voluntary change. You were very lucky the GA gave you the FC seat before clearing the upgrade list. IMO this violated DL policy and was unfair to elites on the list who were entitled to the upgrade.

If I understand correctly, you are not entitled to either more accelerator credit nor a refund.
This sounds to me like OP's change was treated as a SDC. OP had a F seat, was given an F seat on the earlier flight when the seat became available. By strict interpretation of DL rules, if you are booked in F all you need is an F seat available to SDC and it sounds like that is what the GA did (although the way they went about it may have been odd). OP should receive full value of the F accelerator.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 3:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by The Situation
This sounds to me like OP's change was treated as a SDC. OP had a F seat, was given an F seat on the earlier flight when the seat became available. By strict interpretation of DL rules, if you are booked in F all you need is an F seat available to SDC and it sounds like that is what the GA did (although the way they went about it may have been odd). OP should receive full value of the F accelerator.
NO, "OP" was standby, so it would have been SDS. In that case, it's standby for coach and the passenger isn't eligible for an upgrade until he/she has been cleared onto the flight. It's not even obvious that this person was #1 on the standby list. GAs do upgrades then process the standby list.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 1:22 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
What is the appropriate venue to request correction of *incorrect* (but not missing) mileage credit? I had a paid C trip that only got the 50% bonus instead of, as I believe it should, the 75%. "Request mileage credit" appears to be for completely missing flights.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:14 am

Just call in like you were requesting original routing credit. It's going to end up with the same team, any phone agent can handle this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by TuxTom
Fastest would be flying. A short one day round trip would accumulate 1000 MQM and you wouldn't be waiting weeks on end for Delta to get back to you. All flights under 500 miles earn a minimum of 500 MQM per segment.
I agree with flying being fastest option, but will add, since the poster has flight next week, it could make sense to take an FCM offer if the resulting bump in MQMs would be at least 500 miles.

And to answer other question, Delta will not give you a courtesy bump to Silver when you reach 24.5k miles.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Thanks - with the way the phone hold times have been I was hoping to submit this online of course.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
Just call in like you were requesting original routing credit. It's going to end up with the same team, any phone agent can handle this.
Keep in mind that a lot of agents are new right now, though. I asked about getting the accelerator bonus for a flight fixed when I finally did get an agent to solve another issue (a re-route after a flight change that it wouldn't let me fix online,) and she seemed to have no idea what I was talking about and suggested just filling out the missing mileage form (which I can't do because I did get some credit for the flight, just not the correct amount.)
Old Sep 5, 2021, 6:10 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
I have 2,000 MQMs to go to make Silver. I'll be getting 1,000 out of two segments next Saturday, plus a minimum of 500 bonus from the accelerator.

I upgraded to Comfort+ to try go clinch on those two segments, but realize I may have outsmarted myself: 1000 base + 750 (375 from each segment, which is 75% bonus of 500) = 1750 MQM.

Did I do the math right to realize I did the math wrong?
Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by JSprague24
I have 2,000 MQMs to go to make Silver. I'll be getting 1,000 out of two segments next Saturday, plus a minimum of 500 bonus from the accelerator.

I upgraded to Comfort+ to try go clinch on those two segments, but realize I may have outsmarted myself: 1000 base + 750 (375 from each segment, which is 75% bonus of 500) = 1750 MQM.

Did I do the math right to realize I did the math wrong?
I think that’s right.

Last edited by El Boocho; Sep 6, 2021 at 10:31 am
Old Sep 17, 2021, 10:49 pm

Programs: DL DM
What’s the longest delta operated flight that would qualify for accelerators? Looking for something that doesn’t require quarantine meaning the ICN and NRT flights are out.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 8:06 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
When DL FIRST posted the ACCELERATOR program’s rules the computation for DL Vacation packages were NOT “too clear”, about a month later they added several “what if” scenarios to show how MQMs and MQDS are computed.
Before my first DL Vacation booking I called, it took two tries with DL “help” desk to get the correct numbers. Initially once flying commenced there were “lots” of errors with DL Vac posting correctly. It might be prudent (even now) to recheck that you were credited correctly.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: Delta
I booked a flight from JFK-ACC-JFK in Comfort+ for 17888 MQMs. A few months later, to upgrade to Delta One, I paid $406 (to class K, an upgradeable class) and then paid with miles to book Delta One round trip. I was told it would be 15334 because I'm upgrading a main cabin ticket with a mileage upgrade award which doesn't earn additional MQMs. Is that true? I'm confused by what is considered a mileage upgrade award vs. upgrade paid for with miles.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 5:41 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by gh_traveler
I booked a flight from JFK-ACC-JFK in Comfort+ for 17888 MQMs. A few months later, to upgrade to Delta One, I paid $406 (to class K, an upgradeable class) and then paid with miles to book Delta One round trip. I was told it would be 15334 because I'm upgrading a main cabin ticket with a mileage upgrade award which doesn't earn additional MQMs. Is that true? I'm confused by what is considered a mileage upgrade award vs. upgrade paid for with miles.
DL has two confusingly/similarly named products.

Mileage Upgrade Awards are similar to certificate upgrades (and in fact use the same inventory bucket). They do not change your MQM/MQD earning which will be based on the originally purchased fare class. MUA used to be available on all flights, but are now restricted to international flights only.

Upgrade With Miles is similar to Pay With Miles and is simply the use of Sky Miles at 1cpm to pay for something in lieu of the equivalent amount in cash, hence you earn as if you had actually used cash instead of the miles.
​​​​​​
More info on MUAs, and the distinction with UWM, can be found in this thread, starting with the wiki at the top: Delta Mileage Upgrade Awards
Old Sep 24, 2021, 12:35 am

Is the estimator when booking on the website broken again?

I booked a same day turn in F and it told me I'd receive MQM that were 2x flown miles(?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.