Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2021, 3:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Cmag211
Hello all,

I wasn’t able to find an answer in the Delta FAQ page and I just want to be 100% sure.

I am on track to hit Platinum this year with the help of both an accelerator (12.5k) and the Reserve sign up bonus (20k).

If my qualifying spending thresholds happens before Dec 31, but the MQMs don’t post to my account until Jan 2022, will the MQMs still count in year 2021?
MQMs are credited to the year in which the activity occurred, even if they don't post until later. This includes flights departing on Dec 31 (the scheduled departure time is what matters, in the event of delays), and MQM bonuses related to AMEX spend for the calendar year even if your statement does not close until January.
Cmag211 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Originally Posted by greycap7
What’s the longest delta operated flight that would qualify for accelerators? Looking for something that doesn’t require quarantine meaning the ICN and NRT flights are out.
I think ATL-JNB is your winner there.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 7:47 am

Sorry if this is a rookie question: what are the parameters that trigger the “Seat Upgrade: 50% MQM Bonus”? Last week I flew PHL-ATL-MCO-ATL-PHL, upgraded to first on both PHL/ATL legs. Bonus only appeared for the ATL-PHL leg. Similarly, flew last night PHL-BOS, was upgraded to F two days prior, but didn’t get the seat upgrade bonus. Am I doing something wrong?
Old Nov 4, 2021, 7:49 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by andydtwnwa7
Sorry if this is a rookie question: what are the parameters that trigger the “Seat Upgrade: 50% MQM Bonus”? Last week I flew PHL-ATL-MCO-ATL-PHL, upgraded to first on both PHL/ATL legs. Bonus only appeared for the ATL-PHL leg. Similarly, flew last night PHL-BOS, was upgraded to F two days prior, but didn’t get the seat upgrade bonus. Am I doing something wrong?
You only get the bonus if you 'pay' for the upgrade (including paying with miles), if it's a complimentary Medallion upgrade you do not get the bonus.
manually likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Beckles
You only get the bonus if you 'pay' for the upgrade (including paying with miles), if it's a complimentary Medallion upgrade you do not get the bonus.
Thanks for the info! My ATL-PHL upgrade was complimentary, so I’ll chalk that up as a fluke and hope the bonus sticks.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by andydtwnwa7
You shouldn't get the class of service bonus at all if you were upgraded. Were you rebooked due to IROPs? Often agents will just book you into whatever class is open, so you can end up getting the bonus when you technically aren't entitled to it.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:17 pm

Ugh restricted fares don’t qualify…had a mostly economy flight (ZRH-AMS-ATL rt) earn more MQMs than a full Delta One trip to the west coast from ZRH bc it was in Z…pretty crazy
Old Nov 8, 2021, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Discounted business class Z fares certainly do qualify. Was that ZRH-AMS-ATL on a codeshare? What kind of fare were you on to west coast?
Old Nov 9, 2021, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Discounted business class Z fares certainly do qualify. Was that ZRH-AMS-ATL on a codeshare? What kind of fare were you on to west coast?
Ok - I read this page differently - Medallion Status Accelerators

It says:
Are there any flights that aren't eligible for bonus MQMs, MQSs, MQDs?
  • The bonus applies to most Delta flights. The bonus will not apply to travel on Partner Airlines, mileage upgrade awards, exception fares (not including flights that are a part of a Delta Vacations package), upgrades purchased at check-in or at the gate, or purchases/mileage redemptions of non-air products or fees or SkyBonus Award Certificates.
And then when I go down further there is a link to an exception fares page: Exception Fares. Then my understanding was everything in that table is an exception fare - is that not the case?

The ZRH-AMS-ATL-AVL flight was mostly on Delta outside of ZRH-AMS and AMS-ATL was Delta One with paid upgrade (Z). CVG-DTW-AMS-ZRH was again mostly DL except for last leg with DTW-AMS in Premium Select via miles upgrade. As gold I received ~25k MQMs with the accelerator on all the applicable legs

The ZRH-CDG-SFO flight was on AF so nothing expected there, on the way back I flew LAX-SLC-AMS-ZRH all on DL except last leg, all in Business (Z). Only ~18k MQMs on that one with no accelerators...I expected it on the way back for sure, and of course as you can imagine this ticket was about 2x as much
Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by grizzles
And then when I go down further there is a link to an exception fares page: Exception Fares. Then my understanding was everything in that table is an exception fare - is that not the case?
It is not the case. Read the section above the table, "What is an Exception Fare?" Unless one of those situations describes how you bought your ticket, it's unlikely it applies in your case.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 1:10 pm

Ok thx then I read it wrong - I’ll call and see if they can fix or explain it
Old Nov 9, 2021, 1:41 pm

Ok thx then I read it wrong - I’ll call and see if they can fix or explain it
Apologies, in my previous reply I was responding narrowly to your question about exception fares, but on rereading I see:

The ZRH-CDG-SFO flight was on AF so nothing expected there, on the way back I flew LAX-SLC-AMS-ZRH all on DL except last leg, all in Business (Z). Only ~18k MQMs on that one with no accelerators...I expected it on the way back for sure, and of course as you can imagine this ticket was about 2x as much
Note that to be eligible for the accelerator bonus, flights must be both operated and *marketed* by DL. You mention your outbound was on AF; presuming that you bought a ticket from a European location and with the first segments being on AF causes me to ask whether your return flight, though mostly operated on DL, was ticketed using AFxxx or KLxxx codeshare flight numbers, because in that case it is correct and expected for those not to receive the accelerator.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 2:14 pm

Yeah on further investigation the tickets all started with 057 so that’s AF. Since there were 2 conf #s (neither of which worked in the others app or website) and all the return flights on DL flights (not codeshare except for last one) I assumed they booked me on 2 one ways but I guess not. Oh well, thx for the help
Old Nov 9, 2021, 5:58 pm

Yeah on further investigation the tickets all started with 057 so that’s AF. Since there were 2 conf #s (neither of which worked in the others app or website) and all the return flights on DL flights (not codeshare except for last one) I assumed they booked me on 2 one ways but I guess not. Oh well, thx for the help
What matters is not the ticket stock 057 vs 006 but whether the flights were coded as AF123 or DL456.
hhdl likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Upgraded with miles - same day confirmed no bonus

So I did an upgrade with miles and then realized the connection was a little tight so did a same day confirmed (stayed in first) got all the miles for the ticket cost but zero for the miles used. Delta customer service says that you forfeit the miles used because I same day confirmed. I did confirm with agent before same day confirmed that I would still get the MQD’s on the mileage portion. Any other people had experience with this? Seems stupid that you wouldn’t allow SDC, I understand changing days or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.